Addella Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Luc Hebert

Pros
  • Work environment is super upbeat so it made coming into work everyday exhilarating (in 5 reviews)

• Addella uses a very systematic approach to coaching new recruits, so entry-level applicants will not be hindered by limited experience (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours, completely encapsulating (in 12 reviews)

• Not necessarily a con, but it is a door-to-door sales job (in 6 reviews)

1. "B2B sales"

Current Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lets take a moment to understand that I just got hired by Addella and I came in with the same mentality as many of the bad reviewers.

First of all,

This business model the company utilizes is efficient due to a few things:

- they weed out the people who aren't willing to learn
    - they weed out the people who are looking to just go through the motions and make a few bucks just by doing their 40 hours a week
    - they weed out the people who don't absolutely want to work for their money

Allow me to touch on the first point a little. They aren't looking for robots or puppets. It doesn't matter if you are good with people or good at sales, because they have really talented people that will train you to become great at both. Obviously if you're a social butterfly and great at selling, you'll already be half way there, however you don't need to be those things right off the bat to be successful at B2B sales.

I read so many reviews before doing my interviews and i was scared. I was scared to work for them because I thought "uh oh pyramid scheme".

They aren't scamming you, they're just going off a model that is good for the company and good for you if you are a hard worker. Many of these reviews I read here that are negative, make me think that these people were either rejected at the interview process or simply don't have what it takes to work hard and earn their money.

Think about it this way, you could either work for a new grad position and make 40k a year and get coffee for your superiors + take sh*t from management which will make you miserable OR you can make at least 40k a year by working your butt off doing B2B (commission structure is very good) and learning true skills that will make you grow as a person/entrepreneur.

Your pick.

PS. Wasn't paid by the company for a good review. From what I saw by interacting with them, they have bigger fish to fry.

Cons

- not enough sweets in the waiting room
    - needs more sweets in the waiting room
    - oh, did i mention sweets?

Advice to Management

The recruiters at the front desk should be able to juggle fire and serve beverages on rollerblades. It is not enough that they are super nice and talkative.

2. "Great team environment"

I worked at Addella full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team, everyone is really competitive but also really great support system
    - Really fast paced, meeting with tons of new people every day
    - Mentor ship from management and leaders is great
    - You ultimately decide what you make your experience working at addella.

Cons

- hours can be long
    - learning curve can sometimes be a bit much with client info

3. "Uneducated group of people being taken advantage of"

Former Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

can probably make a tv show about this place

Cons

Everyone here is so unprofessional and uneducated! I cant believe this is a place, if you need some humour in your life please go work here for a week, then run.

Advice to Management

goodluck

Addella Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Recruiter

Yes, you're right about one thing, this truly is a fun place and an ideal fit for someone with a great sense of humour. However there isn't much truth to the rest. The team at Addella comes from a ... More

5. "Great Entry Job"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to start in terms of learning what it takes to survive in 100% commission based sales job

Cons

Brain washed people, 100% commission

Advice to Management

Have a genuine feel of caring for your people. Not just as business ;)

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a little skeptical at first, they called me from a job database randomly, but I've got to say that it was the best call I've ever gotten. The environment was so welcoming and stimulating from day 1, I was completely captivated by their culture. The skills I've gained here are immeasurable, and I now have the confidence and the tools to pursue and attack my goals with a newfound ferocity that I've never felt before.

Cons

1) Get ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work - this is definitely a place for people who just want to "get by". I came into it kind of half-heartedly, but I quickly learned that real effort was the only currency here. 2) Check your ego at the door - arrogance and skill will only take you as far as getting an offer from this place, the rest is completely based on how much of yourself you give to the learning opportunity here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything you guys have done for me - I am a completely changed person, and I owe it to the management team here as well as a few special individuals on the senior level team. Keep doing what you're doing.

"Amazing growth"

I have been working at Addella full-time

Pros

I have held many roles in many difference industries, and in all my experience I have never found anything quite like Adella. The people and culture in the office are extremely unique. The office is an exciting place to learn, an inspiring place to work, and a fun team to be a part of. When I first started, I was unsure of what I wanted to do long term; I was looking for a challenge and a change of pace. Adella has exceeded my expectations in that regard, I am now proud to say I have found a career here, not just a job.

Cons

The growth potential is amazing, but in order to capitalize you have to be willing to work hard and be a good student. Challenges will come early and often, but on the other side is always growth and reward.

Advice to Management

Keep hustlin!

"Sales Rep"

I worked at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very inspired young professionals
    Almost like a business incubator for aspiring entrepreneurs
    Lots of learning opportunities
    Gain tons of skills
    Self-discovery - confront own issues & redefine self

Cons

Long hours
    Lots of travelling
    You get what you give - that can be good or bad
    Job isn't easy

Advice to Management

The walls are so bright - I mean, my god, are they blinding at times
    More pizzas for more sales :) Also, wish I spent more time with the leadership team outside of office hours

"Terrible Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Addella (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to make Friends.

Cons

Unprofessional work environment. A bunch of kids running around trying to sell products door to door. They don't make it seem this way in the interview, but when you actually start working you learn how terrible the work environment is.

Did I mention there is no guaranteed salary? ALL COMMISSION

Not even a base salary.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Offer a base salary. ACT MORE PROFESSIONAL

Addella Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Recruiter

Based on your review, we're unsure if you actually worked at our company - let alone interview with us. Any candidate who does their due diligence and research before applying and interviewing can ... More

"Exactly what I have been looking for"

Current Employee - Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Leader in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Addella full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Addella has been one of the most life changing, satisfyingly adventure I've ever embarked on in my life. My development in sales is at an ultimate high, and my personal development and growth has never been so advanced. Working at Addella has given me the ability to put my mind to anything, a group of coworkers who are more like friends than colleagues and an ability, as well as business skills and resources I could have never imagined. Whether you're coming to Addella to learn about sales, or embark on your next career, you'll come out of the experience mor knowledgable but far more experienced in the sales and marketing field.

Cons

Some aspects of the Addella structure may be viewed as "cons" (i.e. 100% commission) however, personally I haven't experi need this as a con. Due to the fact that the training program here is so thourough, your income will not dip all very much.

Advice to Management

Be yourself, have fun and work hard!

"Growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - B2B Account Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - B2B Account Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

I did start working at Addella, with almost no sales and accounts management experience. That wasn't a problem at all since I spent a full week learning and getting trained by the top leaders in the office, who'd give me every single system and piece of advice in order to get good at it and succeed.
    The team and the environment in the office it's just like no other. Unreal human group always willing to help each other, and eager of growing and developing people.

Cons

I find no cons if you are eager of success and willing to work hard in order to be so!

Advice to Management

Over passed all my expectations, keep giving everything in your hands to your team in order to succeed.