Advanced Resources Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Sonya Gotto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great IT Contracting Firm"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Advanced Resources Group (More than a year)

Pros

Advanced Resources is always available and quick to respond to any questions or issues you may have while working for them. They provide the best benefits of any contractor I've ever worked for - including 401K, paid holidays and accrued PTO. They also provide competitive salaries. This is a great contractor to work for and highly recommend them if you get the opportunity to do so.

Cons

The only con about Advanced Resources is that they are only in Missouri. I wish they had locations around the nation.

2. "Senior Systems Enginner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Advanced Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair and prompt in payment

Cons

need to meet the employees atleast once in a month

3. "Manager"

Pros

Great to work with, clear direction and very disciplined approach. Promotes consistency and rewards performance very well. Competitive company within the market.

Cons

None really. Main concerns are more market driven and not about the company itself.

Advice to Management

Good to see the diversity you are promoting as well as the variety of disciplines and geography.

4. "Contractor for SunEdison Solar"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Good company to work for, very interactive and supportive.

Cons

No cons that I can't state specifically.

Advice to Management

Great firm to work for.

5. "Word Hard and Succeed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Advanced Resources Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have found that people do not last long if they are not hard workers. This is a very pleasant work environment with many perks. The only thing that is expected is you come to work everyday and work hard. I don't find this too much to ask of employees.

Cons

Since I really don't have one, I would have to pick on the HVAC system. SOMEDAYS sheesh!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. There is a great team in place and I look forward to continue growing with the company.

6. "A business aimed at helping motivated individuals succeed"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chesterfield, MO

Pros

Full transparency in all operations and dealings. Open door policy with all managers and owners. Flexibility and freedom in work environment. Caring and compassionate team.

Cons

The worst thing I can possible think of is the air conditioning/heat discrepancies at times

Advice to Management

..... And to former employees with a burden to bear: ADVR is an organization that cultivates and promotes success in each of its employees; but that doesn't mean success is handed to you. Those out there that feel the need to hide behind the anonymity of glass door to bash the ceo or the team never learned the meaning of hard work nor were they likely all that good at their job to get over themselves and the challenges of this type of business. Those are the employees that are nothing more than a trickle in the water and hardly missed. They too will soon turn to glass door to bash apex, Kelley Mitchell, netEffects or whatever other flavor of the month firm they felt at which the grass was greener.
     Those that are successful and good at what they do are STILL with ADVR.... Let that sink in for a moment.
    I highly enjoyed my time with ADVR, and if it were not for a cross country relocation, I would still be there today. The owners are caring and respectful people that do good, honest business and take good care of their employees. The manager juggles countless tasks and people and is still available for anything you need. The team is solid and acts as a well oiled machine. They know their stuff and are good at what they do.
    Stay the course and I hope to see ADVR grow into the company I already know it is.

7. "Smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Advanced Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Convenient location
    -Managing director actually knows what she is doing and is always available to help.
    -The recruiters and account managers work really hard to keep the company going. They pour everything they can into it (with zero return.)

Cons

-Horrible work/life balance. They choose your floating holidays and for the first time since high school I had to be at work on Christmas Eve. Very little flexibility for life events. HORRIBLE.
    - Owners are always in your business questioning what you do. Even though they have zero presence in the market.
    - No room for career growth.
    - (obviously) they have workers fluff feedback like this to skew numbers and rankings. Ask former employees if you want the real story.

Advice to Management

Either get out in the market, learn what is going on and be an asset to the company, or just stay out of everyone's business.

Make it an environment where people want to work. It's a new age, working remote, flexible schedule, etc is the norm not an exception. Trust your employees.

8. "Churn and Burn"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

They make new people feel very welcome and the parking lot is only steps from the front door.

Cons

Same mentality as most firms in the area; lead by intimidation and fear. Fairly clear they have coaxed reviews from current employees to bolster review rating. Constant turnover and very few "good" relationships with clients. One owner pretty decent to work with, the other owner, not so much. Management placates some of the higher performers who have maturity issues because they bring in money. Account Managers not held to the same standards as recruiters.

Advice to Management

It's not difficult to get to know all of your employees. Just because someone may be quiet, doesn't mean he/she doesn't care or that he/she doesn't have good ideas.

"Firm but Fair"

I worked at Advanced Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are upfront and honest in all their dealings.
    Pleasant work environment
    Terrific rewards for over-achievers

Cons

High turnover in a very #s driven environment.

Advanced Resources Group Response

May 22, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your fair assessment of our company. Our industry is numbers driven, ultimately, so are we. We value the efforts of all our employees (past and present). It is good to hear you found... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Advanced Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the team dynamic and company structure. The owners are very hands on and willing to help when problems arise. They also provide STL Cardinals and Rams tickets that are utilized for strengthening our relationships with our clients. Keep up the great work!

Cons

I have no cons to speak of.

Advanced Resources Group Response

May 22, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share what it is like to work at Advanced Resources.