Agency Entourage Reviews | Glassdoor

Agency Entourage Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2018

Found 15 reviews

3.6
Agency Entourage CEO Ben Randolph (no image)
Ben Randolph

"Small Company in Growth Mode"

Current Employee - Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Agency Entourage full-time

Pros

Working at AE teaches me a ton and there isn't a day that goes by where there isn't an opportunity to grow and learn more. Not many can thrive in an autonomous environment like this but those who can will be the ones left standing. AE has much to offer and it is a great place where management continues to develop people and culture first. If you want to have purpose in what you do and feel empowered to do it -... this is a place for you.

Cons

Just as with any workplace, there are areas for improvement and they all happen in due time. AE is a small company in growth mode. It's common for businesses in this stage to have areas to grow in. If you're willing to go through the growing pains with the company and don't need everything handed to you on a silver platter - then this is the place for you.

Agency Entourage2016-05-23
  2. "It is what you make of it"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Agency Entourage

Pros

- try to get you involved wherever possible - got to do a few cool things but didn't take away much i could add to my resume

Cons

- not paid so legally can't touch a lot of work - not a very structured internship

Advice to Management

bring more structure to the program! or find a way to give credit to the interns so they can touch real client work.

Agency Entourage2018-10-09
  3. "Good internship opportunity"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Agency Entourage

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

Could have had more intern involvement + it's unpaid

Advice to Management

assign interns to specific employees

Agency Entourage2017-08-02

Agency Entourage Response

January 14, 2018Account Service Director

Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. We're so glad you could intern with us! With our intern program continually improving over the last 8 years we have worked through many different iterations of the program. We will consider your feedback to keep improving and thank you ...

"SEO"

I worked at Agency Entourage full-time

Pros

Great small company with a lot of energy and management that actually cares.

Cons

Small business pitfalls like lower pay and bottlenecks at the top often.

Advice to Management

Delegate more and grow!

Agency Entourage2015-11-03

"Laidback Culture Where You Can Grow and Learn"

Former Employee - SEM Strategist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Agency Entourage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at AE is similar to most digital agencies in the industry. The work life balance here is exactly that. Most employees work very diligently throughout the day, while the afternoons can be a time of laughter and unwinding. One of the best things about this company is the events. Social Media Day, Fair Day, Rangers Games, Breakfast Club, SXSW, Client Galas, Awards Ceremonies and more! This group definitely... has the social networking type persona embedded in their blood, so it's good to keep in mind that the workflow can be intense at times, but the management always comes through with rewarding experiences. The second best thing about AE, is the opportunity to learn so much. It doesn't matter what your speciality is, you will leave with an all around knowledge of Analytics, SEO, Design, Web Dev, Social Media and how to build a great client relationship, when you apply yourself. If you don't have the go-getter, proactive type attitude, this may not be a place for you! The continued learning experience is also something the company supports through expos to help you build your individual skill set.

Cons

We work in an open space. It can get noisy, but you just have to plug-in. It definitely requires some discipline to zone out and get the work done.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to bring in employees with an ambition to make AE better. This company is rising too fast to lower the bar for basic employees. Have standard requirements like Google Analytics experience or supply a test to interviewees to grade their level of knowledge and work ethic to bring in the best of the best!

Agency Entourage2015-09-22

"Jazzy Promises, Little ROI"

Interactive Producer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Agency Entourage

Pros

A "collaborative" environment working among people you will definitely be smarter than

Cons

Deplorable pay, little to no room for growth, pretentious people that don't know what they're doing to be quite honest

Agency Entourage2015-10-23

"Smart group of people"

Former Employee - Interactive Producer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Agency Entourage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Agency Entourage has great culture. The people are smart and challenge the status quo. Highly recommend working there. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and hated to have to move. The leadership team truly cares and meets quarterly with you to check your progress against your goals and career path.

Cons

Getting in and out of downtown is a beating, but honestly it's balanced by all the great energy of downtown.

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial to get the departments to do some kind of team building together so employees get to know everyone a little better/closer.

Agency Entourage2015-09-03

"Very good place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Agency Entourage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to work on multiple projects. You get a lot of experience in a short amount of time (especially if you're entry level).

Cons

I can't really think of too many.

Advice to Management

Keep course and continue to reward employees who overachieve and are loyal to AE.

Agency Entourage2014-11-11

"Fun, creative and collaborative"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I worked at Agency Entourage full-time

Pros

- great work life balance (most employees work from 9-5) - paid parking - paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance - paid vacation days and sick days - no micromanagement or corporate red tape (encourage "go get 'em" attitude) - small company with growing spirit and have experienced past growth through business development, acquisitions and selective partnerships - high client retention -... healthy client diversity and opportunities to learn various businesses - committed principal with open door policy - high retention in leadership team - young, fun, creative, collaborative atmosphere - great location in historic downtown - opportunities are available to grow and have ownership over your work product and/or creative development - have fun events throughout the year - compensation for full time employment is in line with industry standards

Cons

- demanding clients and high expectations - low retention of new college graduates - building has older amenities

Advice to Management

- Great place to work and grow. Continue to incentivize employees with merit increases as they're earned and make sure employees are aware of career path.

Agency Entourage2014-08-18

"I worked at Agency Entourage."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Agency Entourage full-time

Pros

Genuinely nice people who just need to get real.

Cons

Can't earn a living wage. "Management" plays favorites. "Favorites" tend to be those with the least amount of talent, intelligence, maturity and backbone. "Management" takes zero overall responsibility for anything that's clearly very flawed within the company by publishing comments such as, "Your experience at AE is what you make it," and "You define your own success at Agency Entourage." This makes them feel a lot... better.

Agency Entourage2013-12-07