Akken Reviews | Glassdoor

Akken Reviews

Updated May 9, 2017

Found 16 reviews

3.9
Akken CEO Giridhar Akkineni  (no image)
Giridhar Akkineni

"Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Support Administrator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Akken full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great "start-up," like atmosphere and all our employees seem to get a long & enjoy working with one another. There's a lot of talent here...some are from the staffing/recruiting space, others are from the technology sector, and, some, have both in their professional background. The company has brought several key innovations to market in the last 18-24 months and are competitively positioned... to continue to grow its market (which is exciting). More, Akken's Customer Success Team is awesome and are truly vested in helping our current clients meet their goals. The expectation is that we deliver as employees for the company (and our clients), but at the same time, Akken provides a good work-life-balance as well.

Cons

The company does not have direct deposit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...don't lose momentum in terms of technological innovation(s) and keep showing your employees that you care/appreciate our efforts.

Akken2017-05-09

"Small company feel with mature products"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Akken full-time for more than a year

Pros

The small company feel is great. People pitch in to help each other no matter what department they are in. Company executives are down to earth and approachable. There is opportunity to help out in all areas and be recognized for the value you bring to the business. Products are mature and well established in the marketplace.

Cons

New product releases are often not on time. It is critical to meet deadlines and be fast in getting new product to market. Competition is stiff but Akken causes a lot of problems for our larger competitors.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company culture while you grow. That is tough to do. Keep the casual atmosphere without sacrificing accountability.

Akken2017-03-24

"Great plan to work and learn"

I have been working at Akken full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best solution on the market. Fantastic competitive environment. Work Life balance. Great CEO down to earth. Great opportunity for upskilling. Talented, hardworking co-workers who care about their job.

Cons

No cons. Fabulous place to work. I think I'm blessed to have this opportunity to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture. Continue to listen to your employees, be transparent, provide active resolutions and keep your minds open.

Akken2016-11-04

"Great growing company with great people!"

in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Akken

Pros

AkkenCloud is a steadily growing company with a clear vision for the future. Everyone works hard to make sure the customers are happy and feel supported. Leadership is supportive and is always available. The culture is very relaxed, and you are not micromanaged, letting you do your work and take responsibility. Open vacation, weekly lunch and learns, socials on Fridays, and company outings keep the morale at a good... level.

Cons

Temperature is usually pretty cold in most sections of the office. Would like to see a variety of offerings for the lunch and learns instead of pizza (some people in the office can't eat it).

Advice to Management

Keep the employees informed of plans for new features to the software. Get direct deposit for paychecks.

Akken2016-07-07

"Stay Far Away From This Place"

Software Engineer in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Akken

Pros

There are no pro's to Akken. Honestly...none.

Cons

How they treat women. Inappropriate behavior from high ranking employee's. No training for incoming hires. BUGGY PRODUCT that crashes regularly. Over promising product features that they never follow through with but charge the new customers for.

Advice to Management

Karma is a boomerang. Your product will only last a few more years at best before the industry catches on to your outdated product and even more outdated managerial processes. How you treat others (especially women) is deplorable and the constant lying to your consumer base will be your downfall.

Akken2016-06-01

Akken Response

June 8, 2016CEO

We take all current employee feedback very seriously. When we saw this post, we asked our software engineers if they posted this to address any open concerns. They said they had not, and we have no reason to doubt their honesty. That said, we do have former employees working for competitors, who perhaps could gain a competitive advantage from writing a negative review such as this. We have a very intuitive platform and strong team. We have an open dialogue culture that supports family, work/life balance, and one another, all while working to exceed customer expectations. Since we replaced some of our former staff with seasoned leaders, we have enjoyed great success over the past year and incredible growth. Plus, we have been a BBB accredited business since 2008 with an A+ ranking. And while no company is perfect, we continue to improve everyday as every company experiencing explosive growth does. Anyone considering one of our many new positions is encouraged to request to speak with one of our current staff members and we will be more than happy to make an introduction to address any questions. We appreciate the chance to respond.

"Great Product, People and Culture"

Sales Executive in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Akken

Pros

Very collaborative environment. I work in sales and we regularly share ideas between the customer success and engineering teams. It works really well, as we get great insight into new features and functionalities that prospective clients have on their "wishlist" when shopping, and sharing those ideas helps the engineering team to shape the product roadmap. Weekly happy hours on Friday are a fun way to wrap up... each week as a team.

Cons

We need to have more regularity with the stocking of coffee creamer in the fridge.

Akken2016-02-03

"Fast Growing and Great Product"

I have been working at Akken full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

All-in-one product with innovative ideas. Excellent Sales, Support and development teams. Ahead of the curve on Cloud based staffing and recruiting solutions.

Cons

Small sized company. With the fast growth need more employees to delegate some designated responsibilities.

Advice to Management

The company is growing and the staff as well. consider expanding engineering at onsite as well. Set team objectives and reward accordingly.

Akken2016-02-04

"Great place to work. Industry's best kept secret!"

I have been working at Akken full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product speaks for itself-it's excellent! The staff is great and very helpful Vacation is plenty and very flexible Monthly company socials

Cons

Smaller sized company so everyone needs to step up together to go above and beyond. If someone doesn't it can hurt the whole company. I often think about the cliched line of 'We're only as strong as our weakest link'.

Advice to Management

Need to update user documentation and instructional guides/videos. Need to cement processes

Akken2016-02-03

"Great Company, Great Product!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Akken full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment Fantastic product (Very user friendly) Friday Company outings

Cons

If you're not coming from the Staffing & Recruiting business, it can be a lot to learn.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Akken2015-06-30

"Great Entrepreneurial Software Company To Join"

in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Akken for less than a year

Pros

- Entrepreneurial culture, yet work life balance - Your accomplishments stand out - Out of the ordinary perks - Leadership Team really wants to help clients succeed - Strong desire to grow and mature

Cons

- An entrepreneurial culture, where your contributions stand out, is not for everyone

Advice to Management

- Maintain the culture while preparing for growth, then continue to execute

Akken2015-06-19