Angstrom Graphics Reviews | Glassdoor

Wayne R. Angstrom

1. "Easy, but low pay"

Former Employee - Equipment Operator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Equipment Operator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Angstrom Graphics (More than 8 years)

Pros

work is pretty easy most of the time

Cons

the pay could be better.

Jun 13, 2016 – Managing Director

Our team continues to monitor our pay practices and we are confident that we are paying competitive wages for the area and our industry.

2. "This used to be a great place to work, the working conditions have declined severely."

Former Employee - Equipment Operator in Cuyahoga Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Employee - Equipment Operator in Cuyahoga Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Angstrom Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The valuable employees who are interested to see
    this company succeed continue to be very loyal and motivated individuals. They will work together to create a quality driven sellable product regardless of the poor ownership and management available to them.

Cons

The ownership and management has a complete lack consideration for its employees, 10% pay reduction twice in the last three years. No 401k match program, no yearly reviews or compensation increases for anyone in over five years. Overachieving or surpassing departmental goals is NEVER recognized or rewarded. Organizational challenges has plagued them for years, in addition to reactive and shortsighted business practices. Most of the management plays favorites instead of following policies put in place.

Advice to Management

Reintroduce a incentive program for employees interested in excelling, lift the wage freeze that's been in place for ten years. Most of all return the wage reduction compensation. Tighten the belt on lazy unmotivated employees and begin to recognize the valuable people who care about the continued success of the business.

Jun 13, 2016 – Managing Director

Thank you for your recommendation of returning the reduced wages and offering an incentive program. The ownership and management team's first priority is always to ensure the safety and success of ... More

3. "Company has potential but poor management decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

I worked at Angstrom Graphics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has the potential to be great because they offer a full range of design services and have the resources that many design agencies don't.

Cons

Management and ownership have made poor business and hiring decisions. The staff is lazy, unmotivated, incompetent, and have never been held accountable. Client projects are normally delayed for MONTHS at a time due to the incompetence and inexperience of the staff. Clients are always pissed off and upset because of the lack of communication and planning.

Advice to Management

It took YEARS for you to create this mess. It will probably take YEARS to clean it up. The creative team should not be held accountable for your shortcomings. If sales are low and profitability is non-existent, it's because the sales team isn't doing their job. Don't expect a miracle to happen overnight.

Jun 13, 2016 – Managing Director

The acknowledgment of our potential in our Creative Department is really appreciated. Over the last 18 months we have worked hard to change the culture of our team from the top down. The positive ... More

"Very Poor Quality Control"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Angstrom Graphics as a contractor

Pros

This company gets very large business partners to go along with it's sloppiness.

Cons

Very Very poor quality control. Massive monthly failures to fulfill orders and make deliveries in a timely fashion. This company mismanages customer products on a monthly and multi-monthly basis. It fails, without fail, to deliver entire products as contracted out for. If just one customer, such as News Corp, pulled out, Angstrom Graphics would collapse the same day.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! Live up to your multi-million dollar contracts. Make 100% delivery of ordered products!....If you can't do the above, close down.

6. "ACCOUNT MANAGER"

I have been working at Angstrom Graphics full-time

Pros

Nice coworkers
    Nice coworkers

Cons

a lot of stress and late hours

Jun 13, 2016 – Managing Director

7. "Angstrom was a great company, and I learned a lot."

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

Pros

They have a great platform. They offer a lot of technology coupled with the print platform, so it was a better way to sell.

Cons

I had no real complaints. They were going through some financil change, and that is the only reason I left.

Advice to Management

Focus on sales, it is what drives the business. They had a great management team, but some of the technology needed major improvements.

Jun 13, 2016 – Managing Director

Thanks for the positive comments about our manufacturing and technology platforms. We are always looking for ways to set ourselves apart from the competition. We are certain that combining the hard ... More

8. "Rewarding, good people to work with. A good group for the most part."

Current Employee - Customer Account Representative in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Account Representative in Hollywood, FL

Pros

Good people, hard working. Dedicated employees for the most part.

Cons

Sometimes lack of leadership or direction. No job reviews in "forever".

Advice to Management

A little more "hands on" with the everyday people so they know the top dog cares and is in it battling with them.

Jun 13, 2016 – Managing Director

All of our people are hard working and dedicated and we appreciate your recognition of each of them. Our ownership is very engaged in the day to day operation of the company and takes it's ... More