Applied Language Solutions Reviews

• Any Status
2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gavin Wheeldon

1. "The Translation/Localization Chug"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Chennai (India)

I worked at Applied Language Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A friendly working environment, a decent work/life balance, everybody understands each other's goals and work together to help achieve them, hygiene-friendly working environment.

Cons

Department Heads and the Management take all credit for contributions made by the employees of the company.

Advice to Management

Yearly appraisals are great but what is even better are increments to follow up with those appraisals and festive bonuses based on company growth and employee performance.

2. "Under compensated and incompetant"

Former Employee - Technical in Huddersfield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical in Huddersfield, England (UK)

I worked at Applied Language Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes bacon butties might be bought in

Cons

Aggressive management, would gladly lie to employess & customers if it gave the impression that something might be on time. Soul-less company just out to make money and no real regard for employee well-being

Advice to Management

Pack up and go home

3. "Quite a dreadful experience due to discrimination"

I worked at Applied Language Solutions full-time

Pros

There might be few but not from my experience unfortunately.

Cons

Ad hocism, discrimination, poor senior management, low quality, no professional training, learning and growth.

Advice to Management

Company strategy development should not be a one man show. Broaden the vision, focus on quality, employee training and cohesion. Avoid discrimination. Merit should prevail.

5. "good long-term relationship"

Current Employee - Freelance Translator
    Current Employee - Freelance Translator

Pros

Interesting projects, nice project managers, very good at maintaining long-term relationships with freelancers, stable workflow, good invoicing system (not having to issue invoices saves me time and energy).

Cons

Rates can be on the low side and payments can take a while.

6. "Not just a cog in a machine, a friendly and pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Pros

Starting from the top level down; the CEO is approachable, down to earth and has time for each member of the company. Senior management are professional and approachable. I feel that my ideas are listened to and overall it is a good company to work for. The company is more than accommodating when personal circumstances crop up, I feel I am paid fairly for the work I do and the working environment is modern, light and airy; unlike other places I have work where we have been crammed in like battery chickens!

Cons

Sometimes communication can be a little bit slow amongst departments, but I have yet to find a job where this is not the case.

Advice to Management

Improvement of communication regarding new and developing projects would be beneficial. The company are very good at rewarding staff for reaching goals and putting together social events so that teams can interrogate and socialise in a relaxed environment, keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed