KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,871

959 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work is recognized!

Jul 15, 2021 - Clinical Fellow - Speech Language Pathologist in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- salary and benefits - diversity within the company, especially important in the SLP field - admin support - opportunities for growth - hard work is recognized and appreciated - there is effort to place you somewhere of your interest - someone is always available to try and answer questions/concerns (CF liaison, direct supervisor, etc.) - after the initial meetings/check-ins, you are given the independence you want outside of the required observation hours & company meetings

Cons

- school caseload is high like most schools, but Ascend also has clinics as an option (schools are better for CF to ensure you complete the required CF hours)

2. 5.0

Happiest I've Been in an SLP Job

Jul 13, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist in Berkeley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great pay and benefits (better than I've received for hospital jobs) -support from a SMALL admin staff that have been working in their same roles for YEARS so they can answer your questions quickly and effortlessly -TPT, InformedSLP, Boardmaker, SLP Toolkit subscriptions paid for + iPad or whatever gear you deem necessary for your school site -it's a small, mostly female owned and operated company, which feels personal and a little more like family that a giant corporation

Cons

-it's still a school job! so there can be high workload or demanding parents at your site

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company Culture

Jun 10, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist in Union City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is really focused on helping therapist build their skill set on a therapeutic and administrative level. Many opportunities for leadership positions. Everyone supports each other and is focused on providing quality services to clients.

Cons

Sometimes can be challenging if a therapist leaves and coverage needs to be found, but it's always sorted out.

4. 3.0

Good Enough

Feb 15, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist CF in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, goos admin support

Cons

Not very many holidays, not much freedom

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that treats you like a family!

Jan 16, 2021 - Infant Development Specialist in Antioch, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am grateful for being part of a wonderful company who equipped me with so much learning and training. A company who is more of a family who supported and helped me to do my job with love and passion. A company who’s priority is to give quality service to the clients, employees are well compensated and taken cared of and a place where everyone works as a family. This is definitely a place where you work with pure love and happiness!

Cons

Main is office is far but not a big deal.

6. 5.0

I love my work family!

Jan 13, 2021 - Clinical Manager in Union City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ascend is an amazing place to work if you are looking to work for a company that TRULY cares about your well-being and literally pampers their employees (#pamperparty). There is amazing room for advancement and growth within the company, flexibility with work/schedule and location/setting, excellent benefits (including 401k and Life Insurance), in-house CEUs, and so much more. I love everyone I work with and it really does feel like a second family.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any. I have been with Ascend for nearly a decade; the main reason is that they've always had my back. Anything I needed, Ascend made it happen, any potential complaint or concern I had, the Ascend team swooped in and problem solved.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A rare company to work for!

Jan 13, 2021 - Senior Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality care, passionate staff, switching different set-ups like I have done EI and also schools for them over the years. Flexibility, care for mental health especially during pandemic, tons of resoruces.

Cons

Provide more resources in Spanish. Minimal social media for all the work Ascend does! We need our employer to showcase our hard work!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Do not recommend

Feb 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hardworking staff which is great for the clients and families

Cons

Poor leadership - only wants to hear what they want to hear. Your opinions do not matter. Inefficient and ineffective processes. Culture does not align with what they say it is. Toxic work environment - every one talks badly about another. Favoritism from leadership is obvious. Micromanaging is a big thing here.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Dec 21, 2020 - Administration
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Support from Founder and coworkers; if I had any issues, they would be addressed and management is open to concerns or ideas. I feel heard and valued. - Continuing education credits offered - Flexibility (e.g. working hours, ability to transfer within departments) - Online library of resources (e.g. parent coaching, teletherapy tips and strategies, fine motor activities) - Fun holiday activities

Cons

It’s hard to write cons because I genuinely enjoy the company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexible settings while being a full time employee

Dec 21, 2020 - Speech-Language Pathologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work part time at a school district and part time EI and I receive all the benefits of a full time employee. Ascend admin team help keep me up to date with paperwork/ regulations from the Regional Center, and there are many other therapists that I can reach out to for

Cons

There are therapists at many school districts, and it can be difficulty to access all the information needed to work at specific school districts.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews