Axos Bank Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

3.4
Axos Bank President and CEO Gregory Garrabrants
Gregory Garrabrants
Pros
  • "awesome work environment with a lot of great perks(in 15 reviews)

• "I started my employment with Axos Bank as an Inbound Direct Banker I in 2017(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Terrible COVID-19 response, has made all employees return to work even though they have the capabilities to allow employees to work from home(in 8 reviews)

• "No work life balance-I've taken many meeting calls while making dinner for my kids because Sr(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Lots of room for growth and huge team based company, you get what you give

Jul 22, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Officer in La Jolla, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management truly cares about both individualism and team based ethics. The main point of focus is that you will get what you give, overall if you don't have the will to put the right foot forward don't expect to have anything given to you as everything is earned through persistence.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons to working with Axos, personally. You have a set schedule and there is the option for plenty of overtime, paid holiday's. Only con is if you don't like the 9-5 lifestyle.

SVP

Thanks for providing your honest feedback; glad to have you on the team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

great company

Apr 26, 2021 - AVP-Operations in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

People listen to you and take what you say and make it better.

Cons

As of now I can't find any cons

Glad to hear it!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The grass is greener on other side

Apr 22, 2021 - Contact Center Representative in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Will gain tons of experience *Challenging Work keeps from getting boring/repetitive *Bank Holidays

Cons

*Heavy Workload and it is not fairly distributed meaning one person can end up doing all of the work *High Turnover Rate and to cheap to replace meaning work is piled on. *Promotions with no pay raise but will tell you “in 6 months once it’s review time we can revisit” *No work life balance had RMs asking me to call trustees on holidays *RMs don’t respect the contact center representatives who do their jobs for them *lousy bonuses after 3 years at axos seen a 3k increase in salary new job I get a 5 percent increase in salary every year *they don’t encourage time off if you try to take more than a week off will be a fight for what you’ve earned *No option to work remotely and at beginning of pandemic when offices closed the CEO sent a letter saying that working from home is not a vacation and that he is installing tracking software to make sure we are productive when he should have be trying to be comforting and encouraging in a time of confusion. *Very Clickish have to be a good axkisser to get promoted

5 people found this review helpful

SVP

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like Axos isn't the right fit for you, which is OK: we're comfortable with our culture and realize it's not for everyone. We hope you find a better fit.

4. 5.0

A company that cares

May 5, 2021 - Direct Banker in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s really hard to find a good company that care about there employees these days. I can honestly say Axos is a great company to work for they have accommodated me in many way since I’ve been employed. I have had several family emergency with Covid and they have been more then understanding. I even had to resign from my position due to family issues reapplied and they brought be back a month later with no hassle and provided me with all my benefits I left with.

Cons

Every company has its flaws but I can’t think of anything that’s just utterly bad to not recommend to the next person seeking employment.

SVP

Thanks for sharing your experience, and for being a part of our team. Hope your family members have made a full recovery!

5. 2.0

Corporate Bank with no culture

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of challenging projects if you can handle the stress.

Cons

Unreasonable deadlines with an endless amount of work. Upper management dumps massive projects into the workflow with the philosophy of get it done fast with no regard for quality. There is no company culture, the mission of the company is unknown. The CEO and C-suite are silent.

6. 4.0

Work Culture

May 5, 2021 - IT Support Engineer in La Jolla, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace, a lot to learn, good for enthusiastic and people who want to learn.

Cons

Fast pace, hectic at times

SVP

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Great to hear that you love the fast pace. Our compensation packages are competitive and comprise a base salary plus merit-based bonuses paid out twice a year. As a meritocracy, we place no upper limits on bonuses: team members are rewarded based on their contributions and achievements.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great organization to grow with!

Apr 13, 2021 - Human Resources Associate in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- lean organization provides the opportunity to get more hands on experience - direct access to management provides opportunity to network and ensure your voice/opinion/career aspirations are heard - access to current technology/tools (e.g. Tableau, AI, Chatbot, DocuSign) - massive self-directed learning platform that you can utilize to develop your skills (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Python, Sales, Management/Leadership, Business etiquette) - great pay

Cons

- little flexibility with work schedule

SVP

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. You've done a great job of distilling our culture -- as well as many of the ancillary benefits of working here.

8. 4.0

Axos Bank

Apr 29, 2021 - Credit and Collections Supervisor in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Environment and flexible scheduling.

Cons

Customer service support and accountability.

SVP

Thanks for taking the time to share your input.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Does not care about employees

Feb 25, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You may end up working with good people on your team, paid holidays, decent benefits.

Cons

Upper management and executives do not care about the employees. When COVID lockdowns first started, the CEO sent out an email threatening people’s jobs. Tracking software was installed on everyone’s laptops to manage productivity, and that software is still used when people return to the office. Also, some teams were forced to stay in the office, and many people got sick in the Las Vegas office. Management did not notify people appropriately. The CEO is a whack job. He sent out a crazy chain email with tons of fake news to the whole company in the middle of the pandemic. He also started posting “news” articles during the BLM protests that blamed liberals for everything. It was sickening to see him push his politics on the employees. Add to that, Ronald Reagan and conservatism is pushed in all the company documents, core values, etc. The office politics are insane too. Everything is a blame game instead of finding a way forward.

13 people found this review helpful

SVP

Thank you for sharing your views. At Axos, our team members are our most important asset. As we've said elsewhere on this platform, we believe our team members are better positioned to succeed by working in the office than working remotely. Accordingly, we’ve taken numerous precautions -- and we comply with all applicable laws and regulations -- to ensure that in-office work happens safely. Our CEO is committed to making Axos best in class, and the company has thrived under his leadership. Annual earnings per share rose from 9 cents in the fiscal year before he became CEO to $2.98 in the most recent fiscal year -- a more than 33-fold increase. It's not immediately clear to us how political bias is being pushed in our seven core values, which are as follows: - Emotional Involvement and a Positive Mental Attitude - Growth in Competence and Knowledge - Character (as defined by five pillars: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness and caring) - Superior Individual Performance within Our Meritocracy - Teamwork - Rationality (Fact-Based Objectivity) - Customer Obsession We hope you have found a better fit.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent job, company and culture

Apr 7, 2021 - Department Manager, FVP
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with competitive compensation and benefits; expectations are high, if you are ambitious and a self starter, you will thrive here; employees are truly rewarded on the basis of their achievements; ability to move around groups.

Cons

None that come to mind

SVP

Thanks for the feedback. We like to think that our performance-based bonuses (and commissions) are the ultimate form of employer recognition! We also feature an "AxKicker of the Month" in our social media feeds and in the monthly newsletter, but we'll give more thought to how we can structure a recognition program.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Reviews