BAT Reviews

Found 1,081 of over 3K reviews

3.7
BAT Chief Executive  Jack Bowles
Jack Bowles
Pros
  • "fast paced with a great working environment(in 107 reviews)

• "Good salary, nice people, wide perks(in 74 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance can be better(in 129 reviews)

• "difficult to balance Social life with long Working hours(in 54 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BAT and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 4, 2021 - Scientist in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good work flexibility, good pay, welcoming work atmosphere, challenging work projects and topics

Cons

Upper ladders of management has some miscommunication

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

May 4, 2021 - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, lots of opportunity to grow, training opportunities, collaborative community. Working in an industry that is truly transforming by ideation, creativity, and willingness to take some risks.

Cons

Upper management (EVP level and up) is not transparent. Decisions are made at the top with no input from middle management and without seeking information about the structure and properly assessing the impact of decisions. Impactful decisions are minimally revealed and then take months to execute while everyone is left wondering and worrying. Yet, slow execution is not tolerated at the lower levels. The pace can be overwhelming and exhausting at times. Work life balance can be difficult.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Complete Disaster of Late

Mar 30, 2021 - Territory Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company car minus $175.00 monthly Some phone allowance Some internet allowance Vacation (if you choose to use)

Cons

My goodness, where do I begin? I have no idea how BAT has 4 stars. If you want true reviews, look up reviews for "Reynolds American". Since Project Propel in July, 2020 it is a complete, aimless wreck. Our customers can't believe their eyes. They are forced to carry all of these items that everyone knows will never sell in their market. Maybe the big cities on the east and west coast... All of this running and moving the same category with POS changeover after changeover and remerchandising the same categories monthly. The merchandising on Brand Load Guidelines doesn't make sense and creates out of stocks for the Vapor section. We are held to a standard that unattainable. Number one in the nation in several categories yet the management doesn't reward us. Just more mundane, meaningless work. I speak for ALL of my peers when I say we feel like we are on a hamster wheel, going nowhere. The only thing I look forward to is the weekend and days off. On saturday evening I am dreadful that Monday is only another day away, then back to the three-ring circus for another five days.

12 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Constantly Changing Industry

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company car provided $175.00 deducted from your salary. Great health Benifits and 6% 401k company match.

Cons

To many products to manage and sell in to retail outlets, with out commissions. Company continues to add more responsibilities while growing its revenue but still the lowest paying company for the position as a Territory Manager.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

company review

Mar 27, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Tobaccoville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay, nice benefits (i.e. time off, flexible work, bonus)

Cons

lack of diversity in leadership, harder for minorities to advance/ less opportunities to grow, lack or work life balance

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bright Future

Jan 13, 2021 - Lead Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic benefits package, welcoming culture, given plenty of autonomy

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming at times. Prior work life balance that used to be a “pro” is fading.