Baltimore Events Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Laurel, MD

I worked at Baltimore Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience learning about direct marketing, communication, and customer service. Also, developed team skills as well as learned so much about so many different clients. Great business model for anyone who is willing to work hard and achieve their own success on their own terms. Such a fun environment with really nice people. Leaders are really helpful and always willing to answer questions if you have them.

Cons

Requires hard work and can be difficult, but it really paid off because of how much money I could pull in in a short period of time. I really liked knowing I could control my own cash flow.

Advice to Management

Should hold more competitions and team nights. I really enjoyed those!

"Great people, but only a select group will actually see management."

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Baltimore Events are friendly, fun and caring. There is a great office environment that really pumps you up for your time in the field. You determine how much money you make, which is a pro and a con. Promotion process can be extremely fast, but expect to take on much more responsibility as soon as you are promoted.

Cons

Work-life balance is non existence. You can expect to work up to 12 hours a day 6+ days a week. People who really devote their entire lives to the company will make it to management and be successful, it is just not a position for everyone.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic and honest during interview process about how much money people will actually make in entry level and how much they will really have to work.

"Total scam."

Former Employee - Campaign Manager(Leader) in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager(Leader) in Laurel, MD

Pros

The only good thing I can say about this company is that Baltimore Events gave me tips on how to *pretend* to care about the customers.

Cons

-Lie to potential employees about salary and commission during interview(they also tell employees to lie too)
    -Long hours, long drives
    -Working 6 out of 7 days of the week including weekends. Even on your 1 off day(which is always a Monday or Tuesday), you still have to go to meetings and listen in on conference calls.
    - They tell you two days before that you are going out of town for two weeks. You stay in a motel with NO food compensation what so ever so you pay for your own breakfast,lunch,dinner everyday
    -They tell you to lie(tell customers this discount is special) in order to sell broken products at full price(but in reality the non-broken ones are the same price)
    - You have no life if while working at Baltimore events.
    - Manager states that you have to "earn your free time"

Dishonest company overall

Advice to Management

Turn over rate is over 60%. That should say something. Please stop lying to potential employees, be upfront!

Baltimore Events Response

Feb 4, 2015 – president

Thank you for taking time to give feedback about Baltimore Events. We apologize if you felt mislead or did not receive a clear explanation of the job requirements. We represent many credible clients ... More

"Campaign Manager"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is great, as are the people who work there. It's incredibly educational -- I've learned more applicable skills here than I did in my four years at a prestigious university. The growth potential here is unlimited, it's all dependent on how hard you work, learn, and maintain a positive attitude. Management is incredibly hands on and supportive.

Cons

The fast pace and workload may not be for everyone, as is the case with many other jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep investing your time into your people and you'll continue to grow.

"Baltimore Events promoted me quickly"

Current Employee - PR Assistant in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - PR Assistant in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired at Baltimore Events with no experience in interactive marketing. I worked really hard during the training process to ensure I would get up to speed quickly. I wanted to work hard so I could move up and that’s exactly what happened.

Cons

I have only have positive experiences so far with my team.

Advice to Management

I love how engaged you keep the team and am excited to see what happens in the future.

"Opportunities For Growth!!!"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed having the opportunity to attend the top leaders meeting in Dallas and getting to network with people across the company including top owners. I enjoy being a part of a company that is dedicated to your success.

Cons

Everyone doesn't appreciate the opportunities as much as others which is sad to see

Advice to Management

I like the management. They work very hard! Human resources dept is wonderful and so helpful! I say continue caring the way you guys do and you will always have happy employees.

"Great workplace environment!"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Baltimore Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a fun team atmosphere while still maintaining the focus and intensity of a rigorous training program. Even though I did not continue through the entire program I learned many skills that are relevant with my current position.

Cons

Work/life balance. Time management is an issue because as you grow and advance you are given a lot of responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Better time management and more bonuses.

"Event Planning Coordinator"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its very organized and fast paced. Everyone here is on point, and are great at working together to see things through. The management and leadership skills I have learned in the past 5 months are priceless, and I feel like I'm getting paid to go to school!! This company has the best training I've ever experienced anywhere because they are growing quickly and their standards are high!

Cons

Sometimes other members of the team can be careless when counting inventory and paying attention to detail which can set the whole team back in the long run when trying to hit our goals. However, we are all like a big family here and are great at problem solving so any issue thats ever occurred was always resolved well.

Advice to Management

More communication about schedule changes... more TV and Lap top bonuses please!! Christmas was awesome!!

"Great Company - A lot of Experience learned in short amount of time!! Great place to Start a Career!!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Baltimore Events has taught me so much!!! I have gained so many professional skills within the last 8 months that others don't get for 10 years because of the fast paced growth that this company is experiencing. Great team in environment! Great place to start a career, and they are super selective with who they choose to hire on so all the employees are just as driven and motivated which makes this an incredible team environment! I have seen so many deserving people get promoted. There are great travel opportunities as well! I couldn't have asked for a better job out of college. I've been very blessed.

Cons

Although most of the employees have a strong work ethic, not everyone is down for the team... of course the most team orientated people are the most successful, but in a fast paced environment that has a lot of growth potential, this company tends to attract very strong personalities and there can be power struggles at times. Management can be a little better at mediating miscommunication between employees, but overall, nothing is really been that bad or overwhelming. In the end, most people that work here are open minded

Advice to Management

Keep up the travel opportunities!! Especially the ones that are a "thank you" to high performing employees! Its a great motivator!!

"“Great company culture and tons of growth potential!”"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Baltimore Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a ton in a very quick amount of time. I learned how to train people, cross trained on different clients, time management, and most importantly how to work towards my own goals and not someone else's.

Cons

Dealing with people who are not self motivated and goal oriented. Having patience with other people's learning curves and understanding everyone learns at different paces and in their own ways.

Advice to Management

Some more workshops and hands on training would be great.