Behavioral Innovations Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2019

3.1
Behavioral Innovations  CEO Dino Eliopoulos
Dino Eliopoulos
Pros
  • "The work environment is great for the most part(in 6 reviews)

• "After doing some research on Behavioral Innovations (BI) and the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) industry, I realized quickly that(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 8 reviews)

• "low quality therapist and lower quality therapeutic care for clients(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love my job currently a BCBA"

Current Employee - BCBA in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working with with BI. since I have been hired Ive met with many wonderful families and Children. Having a few members of my family with mental disabilities it feels good personally to give back and help there Community.

Cons

I've already done so much with this company. They could hire more people.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-01-04
  2. "Great place to work -"

Current Employee - BCBA in Friendswood, TX

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time

Pros

I’ve worked on the field of ABA for 13 years across different states. Behavioral Innovations is one of top places I have worked and the best place to work in Texas. There are many reasons to say that this is a good company but if I have to choose the top will be "Team work and collaboration" Behavioral Innovations also have: * Positive attitude. * This company really cares about the client's progress. *... Great Training across all positions. * BCBA has a lot of resources * Company cares about their staff * Great Life-Work balance. * Clinics are beautiful, clean and very well organized. Kids loves the Motor Room!

Cons

None specific for this company.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-12-12
  3. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Center Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salaries, supportive upper management, dedication to employees

Cons

Rapid growth leads to under staffing issues at times.

4. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Clinical Director in League City, TX

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support for BCBA from the corporate office Client and families are important to the company values Smart and effective division of duties between BCBA and Center Administrator

Cons

I have a great team. There are no cons.

5. "Operational Management"

Current Employee - Clinical Practice Administrator

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Great Superior Support, Good Pay, 8 Paid Holidays

Cons

Billing Department, Communication, Scheduling, Therapist PTO Days,

Advice to Management

RDO's are great

"Great Starter Company"

Current Employee - RBT in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The kids are awesome! They make my day, even on my worst days. - Therapists and supervisors are encouraged to recognize each other for going above and beyond in their therapy. - The company pays for all the training (2x what is required) to get the RBT certification. - There is some ongoing training and I have been consistently learning and improving as an RBT since I started this job. - Insurance benefits... available

Cons

- It seems the same at most companies, but the pay could be better. - HR is hard to deal with and disorganized. - Communication between supervisors and therapists is not always great. - The training was disorganized and I didn't always feel supported during the process. - After training, there could be more support and supervision for new hires while they are still learning. - Communication about client... programs is not always clear. - Not much admin time so planning group activities, art projects, games, writing notes, etc, is almost impossible. - Unless you plan on becoming a BCBA or a COM with the company, there is no room for professional growth or pay raises. - The company expects you to take on "leadership roles" without being paid to take on the extra responsibilities.

Advice to Management

If you want your employees to come to you with concerns before going to their peers, you should be more willing to help solve problems. At times it feels as if I have voiced concerns and received empathy from management but then no action is taken. That does not motivate me to come to management with my problems if I don't feel that the problems are going to addressed - therefore, I am inclined to complain/vent to... my peers when I see nothing changing. Communication is not great when it comes to client programs. It feels like there are too many clients to really understand and be able to implement programs. Having teams is a great idea, but if we don't stick to the teams, what's the point? Communication could also be better when it comes to health concerns and other info about clients. There should be more opportunities for team or group training on each client. We were told there would be regular training but I don't feel like I have received much since starting this job. I learn a lot on the floor just by doing it, but I wish there was more time dedicated to continued training from the BCBA or COM. It is stressful that the schedule is sometimes not put out until clients are about to show up. Having that information ahead of time helps therapists to plan and prep for sessions as well as get stimuli prepared. I am still of the opinion that notes should be written outside of session. Since starting to write notes during the session, I feel that my rapport with clients has dropped, clients are engaging in more maladaptive attention seeking behaviors, and I don't get as much therapy done. It is also impossible to write notes during sessions with some of the clients. New hires should receive more supervision when they are first starting to go into session. It seems like because we are short staffed we may be too quick to hire and throw new therapists into session. But I don't feel like management sees what is going on because there isn't much supervision going on. Overall, I feel like everything is very chaotic in all aspects of the clinic and there could be more support on the floor and otherwise from supervisors. Since starting this job, I feel like the culture, the communication, the organization, and the quality of training, and the quality of therapy has only declined. It's frustrating to watch and experience.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-12-12

"If you like using children to put money in your pocket, apply here."

I worked at Behavioral Innovations

Pros

Good health benefits Training is great! This company used to be good before it became owned by corporate. I never hated working here up until recently. Honestly, I still don’t hate it, I just hate the way the operations side is overpowering the clinical side, which is the most important piece of any ABA company. Now, there are people in place who know nothing about ABA that claim to care about the kids. That’s a... lie. They only see the clients as dollar signs. The regional directors or operations are sexist, power hungry men who only want eye candy on their leadership teams. Also, the center administrators are just puppets for the regional directors. They are not team players and are not to be trusted. Don’t even get me started with HR. What. A. Joke. The HR department has no interest in looking out for the RBTs, or anyone else in the clinical aspect of the company. The CEO, who is actually really nice in my opinion, I doubt he even has a clue what’s going on. There’s no point in sending him an email because it will only get forwarded around right back to HR. If you have a passion for working with kids, then stay away from this company. They only care about how much money the kids can make the company.

Cons

You can be stripped of your title without a warning-apparently that’s legal. HR will use your words/concerns against you.

Advice to Management

Dear CEO, please take a closer look at the power trips your regional directors are on. Regional directors, training is necessary to improve someone’s job performance. Try going in with that approach instead of just removing people. What’s happening is y’all are sending loyal employees to competitors and increasing turnover rates.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-11-07

"Be Prepared to Be Treated Like Nothing"

Former Employee - Clinical Operations Manager

I worked at Behavioral Innovations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The children, great training team, and the founders of the company.

Cons

I don’t even know where to begin. I worked for this company starting in 2014. I worked for over five years and I worked hard. There have been MANY changes over the years- however the worst came in the last year I was with the company. It became more of a business than a service to those who needed ABA services. I understand money has to be made. But when nearly half of the staff who’d been with the company 3+ years... (and let’s be real, the burnout and turn over for RBTs alone is INSANE) have left. I think that says something about the people you have in charge. I think a BCBA being over the Regions would be so much better than a business minded individual who clearly has no regard for the people working within the company.

Advice to Management

Find someone better to make decisions for your regions. Your regionals are not always right.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-11-07

"Great people, awful corporation"

Current Employee - RBT in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations part-time for more than a year

Pros

-wonderful people -fun atmosphere -kids are awesome and fun to work with

Cons

-corporate does not value their employees. They do not give raises and cut corners wherever they can -reaching out to HR with a complaint about a corporate decision will only result in being bounced from department to department, and you'll receive no information on how to contact any other departments

Advice to Management

Your employees keep the place running. Show some respect.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-09-30

"Entry Level Position"

Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician

I have been working at Behavioral Innovations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BI will pay for you to get the training it takes to be an RBT, give you full-time hours even if your kiddo is sick, and you get benefits at 30 hours/week. The pay is also reasonable.

Cons

Management and leadership are extremely self- absorbed. All levels of management within the office are inexperienced at leading and make staff feel very under valued. At best all local management are supervisors, not leaders. For an ABA company, they do not positively reinforce staff on an individual basis whatsoever. Senior leadership constantly promises things they can't deliver and talk out or both sides of... their mouth. No growth unless you're going to be a BCBA. In 15 years of working, I have never worked for a company and management team that cared so little about their staff.

Advice to Management

Hire people with leadership skills. There's a time and place for management and there's a time a place for leadership. BI had yet to learn the difference.

Behavioral Innovations 2019-09-20