Behaviour Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 52 reviews

3.7
Remi Racine
Pros
  • "Great Work life Balance and an amazing CEO who really gave the company a great direction(in 10 reviews)

• "Amazing food from the chef at Behaviour(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "I dealt with very poor management for the entire time I was there(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "worst company"

Current Employee - Game Programmer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy to access from public transportation

Cons

manager is arrogant ,team leaders are very impolite. the manage team does not value employee,they only care about the product

Behaviour Interactive2019-08-20
  2. "Great workplace with flexible hours"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

no overtime mentality, flexible hours, one can make a difference

Cons

fast growth challenges but also a pro

Behaviour Interactive2019-07-10
  3. "Amazing and "Feel Good" Company"

Former Employee - Lead Artist in Montreal, QC

I worked at Behaviour Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had the chance to work on Star Citizen as Lead Artist within an amazing and talented team. The work environment was nice and the management was kind.

Cons

The company moved a bit to far from where I lived at the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, Behavior is great company to work for

Behaviour Interactive2019-07-03
  4. "Slow but steady improvements over the years"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Every now and then, when I do well on a task and the right people notice it, I get acknowledged and feel appreciated as a person, not just for the work produced.

Cons

Even though sharing our opinions with team leads is supposed to be welcomed, most of the time it feels like we shouldn't share them. This doesn't apply to every leads, some of them are very open to sharing ideas and having in depth discussions on subjects related to assigned tasks.

Advice to Management

Assigning leadership roles to people who are demonstrably dynamic, friendly and approachable while still being recognized experts at their craft or skill. It is easier for the rest of the team to get behind their Lead when they have proof that they are talented and deserve to be respected and followed. Otherwise, employees may start to question everything that they are asked to do and it can create tension.

Behaviour Interactive2019-06-30

"Perfect company if you like a good lunch"

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-great lunch opportunities (amazing chef) -work from home is possible -lots of games in development(appearance of choices to work on) -fun colleagues and conversations to be had -CEO talks openly and is friendly.

Cons

-cant speak up (dont do this to yourself) -cant give an opinion otherwise you become an easy target. -you are a number (think again if you think you can work on what you want) -worst higher management ever (except CEO) -politics! -decisions are taken without consulting team leads about their own teams.

Advice to Management

-start practicing what you preach online in the community -CEO : should analyse your structure and how things actually work ...politics is the biggest factor at your company! -its time to wipe out your higher management structure (lazy producers, design directors, studio project manager) they got to go if you want better games and to keep the best developpers.

Behaviour Interactive2019-06-19
  6. "Great place to work"

I worked at Behaviour Interactive full-time

Pros

Great Work life Balance and an amazing CEO who really gave the company a great direction. On site chef Nice new offices

Cons

Can be a little political at times

Behaviour Interactive2019-05-13
  7. "Good but not always."

Current Employee - Testeur QA in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Pays properly. -Annual bonus. -Proximity with Developers -Being a QA is kind of awesome.

Cons

- Must provide support and role of organizer to overcome a lack of structure in the production pipeline. -Responsibilities poorly defined, creates competition within team members. -QA has to Compensates for absent managers who fail to implement manageable standardized development practices, due to their lack of technical knowledge, which becomes frustrating in the long run.

Behaviour Interactive2019-05-12

"Zero Job Satisfaction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary reviews (when they actually do it - it was skipped one year for me) Benefits

Cons

I worked at Behaviour for nearly 5 years and overall was a pretty disappointing experience. I dealt with very poor management for the entire time I was there. No matter how hard you work you are never thanked, recognized, or appreciated. VP's make last-minute decisions in the hundreds of thousands of dollars on a whim (and wonder why the game tanks), discredit your opinion, get annoyed with you for sharing your opinion,...

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually know what they're doing. Stop putting ex-Ubi employees on pedestals, they were some of the worst I've ever worked with. Practice what you preach.

Behaviour Interactive2019-06-14
  9. "Producer"

I worked at Behaviour Interactive full-time

Pros

Good team spirit. Good dev team

Cons

Service company. Poor games sometimes

Behaviour Interactive2019-05-10

"Beware of this place"

I have been working at Behaviour Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good food - they have a chef who cooks food daily. Decent work / life balance If you want to come in, not make any waves, and just work with no growth potential, this is the place for you.

Cons

Politics is very evident at the leadership level. Everyone is expendable and employees are more likely to be let go b/c someone at the leadership level doesn't like them instead of poor performance. It is especially sad that a few people who had relocated from other countries were let go less than a year after their arrival. Very poor growth culture. They don't know how to develop games for success. Beware of one...

Behaviour Interactive2019-05-11