BluEdge Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Magid

1. "Account Executive"

I worked at BluEdge full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom to build your own territory, not any micromanaging, company offers lots of flexibility to work with clients, perfect for an established salesman to jump in immediately

Cons

Not much support, little communication from upper management, company direction may change rapidly. No sales expectations given.

Advice to Management

Clearer communication is key, especially for those newer in their careers. There needs to be a better communication of goals and expectations.

2. "Project Coordinator"

I worked at BluEdge full-time

Pros

The people are friendly and the days go by fast.

Cons

Hours are long, working til 6 does not allow balance, the hours should stagger for everyone and switch off weekly. Pay for this position is very low in comparison to project coordinator positions locally and nationally. Work you ragged and expect you to accomplish too much instead of concentrating on your bigger clients and projects

Advice to Management

This is a project management position. Not customer service, have someone else worry about phones, shipping and billing, the coordinators need to concentrate on projects to deliver a successful project.

3. "Not sure where all of the positive reviews are coming from"

I worked at BluEdge full-time

Pros

Pizza Friday's in the summer
    Good location

Cons

No promotions for employees just demotions and lay offs
    Floundering company
    If it wasn't for architecture companies, they would've plummeted a long time ago
    Pay is crack and everyone complains about not receiving a raise in over 3 years
    They make up ridiculous titles that don't help you progress when it's time to look for real work

5. "A company headed in the right direction"

Pros

Company management is very focused on growth and is aggressively seeking new equipment and technologies to put themselves in a great position to grow. The executives are respected and well versed in their respective areas. Employees are treated fairly and with respect. It's been a fast pace, challenging environment trying to bring in new sales and increase customer opportunities.

Cons

I have a long commute.

Advice to Management

I look forward to continuing our initial discussions on implementing a new, more robust MIS system, It would be a huge benefit to the company. This would allow us to manage overall and within each division more closely by providing focused metric data. It would also streamline our entire process from estimating to billing resulting in better management tools and increased efficiencies.

6. "A Challenging and Healthy Work Environment"

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had a wide and varied industry background since commencing my career. I take great pleasure in saying that NRI rates at the top of my list of best places to work. It is an extremely healthy work environment that fosters initiative while at the same time providing me access to the knowledge and experience base of my fellow employees who are always eager to share their wisdom and experiences with me.

Cons

I haven't encountered any downsides to working here. As in any environment, it is called work because it can at times be difficult to get everything done in the time frame needed. I am glad that I report to someone who understands that and is willing to work with me to find solutions when needed.

Advice to Management

Two thumbs up! I look forward to what ahead in the new year.

7. "A Comfortable Place To Begin A Career."

Current Employee - Data Entry Operator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Entry Operator in New York, NY

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with National Reprographics Inc. has thus far been a great experience which I cherish & appreciate greatly. Good atmosphere, good office environment & hardworking folks fill the office of New York, the greatest city in the world. A city I am happy to be a part of & hope to stay a part of for as long as I may. My day to day is certainly not easy but rather filled with strict timelines & heavy multitasking will be expected at times. The work might sometimes appear overwhelming, however the goal of each day is to know that no matter what obstacles get in your way, the only way is forward & forward is where I want to go.

- Relaxed & Trustworthy environment
    - Pleasing Benefits
    - Convenient Location
    - Everybody has common sense
    - Helpful Managers & HR Department
    - Every member is valued

Cons

- May feel disconnection between executives & every one else.

Advice to Management

Continue working with your employees as a team who's hard work positively affects the entire company.

8. "Not worth it"

Pros

I wish I had pros to add.

Cons

No raise, no bonus, no career.

BluEdge Response

Apr 1, 2016 – H.R. Recruiter

We review our associates, at least, annually, and we try to give raises and/or bonuses where they are warranted.

9. "Manager"

I have been working at BluEdge full-time

Pros

Feels like a small business. Flexibility in career opportunities. Dedicated workforce.

Cons

Sometimes tries to operate like a large company unnecessarily.

10. "An uphill battle"

I worked at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team. Great people to work with

Cons

- Lack of support.
    - Over extend employees with overly complicated rolls
    - Adhere to broken process instead of fixing them
    - Extremely change adverse.
    - Pay is very low
    - No opportunity for a raise
    - Unorganized
    - Unwilling to invest $ to grow
    - Invest more money in equipment than people

Advice to Management

Listen to the experts that you hired trust them. Invest in people and compensate them accordingly. Streamline processes and due away with dated solutions that are proven to halt growth. Build the comradely among employees. Work as a team.

BluEdge Response

Apr 1, 2016 – H.R. Recruiter

Every NRI Associate has a title with a very specific job description. Roles are not complicated if clearly understood. NRI always addresses a process that is not working properly by establishing ... More

11. "Meeting Industry Challenges"

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NRI has dedicated group of long term industry professionals doing their best to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing industry. They do a solid job of maintaining cost controls while providing the latest technology to their clients. Employees have regular advancement opportunities within the company as it moves to a more technology based resource for its clients Good people to work for.

Cons

A lot of paperwork, some internal systems are a bit dated. Overall communication within the company could be improved.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with the workers, they want to know what is going on.