BluEdge Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transitioning from the old guard to a new brand and focus bringing a renewed sense of optimism and openness to change. Not afraid to take risks in a challenging and competitive market to inspire growth.

Cons

The are always challenges in any business and BluEdge is not different. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

The industry is changing and BluEdge must adapt quickly to maintain presence as a leader. Continue to proactively challenge employees to always move forward, present ideas/observations from the front lines to Sr. Management, and continually work to improve the organization from within.

2. "I loved working for them"

Former Employee - Site Manager - MPS in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Site Manager - MPS in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive resources were made available to me and HR dept. is very responsive. One of the best companies I've ever worked for.

Cons

I worked in San Francisco and the company is headquartered in New York so at times I felt kind of left out of the loop. Never got to experience the Pizza Fridays.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give to management. I was treated very well and very fair.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a family feel and does not have the aggresive and corrosive politics of many other companies. You are allowed to do your job without micromanaging. Having worked in many different companies, locations and environments I honestly feel that this is one of the best environments I have ever found myself in. And seeing the company at all branches and levels due to my job I can say that by comparison it is a very good place to work by comparison. There is a positive vibe, and while there is pressure to generate more sales and meet production goals daily it is a positive pressure and never the kind of unreasonable pressure that you find in so many places. They allow for a great work life balance.

Cons

Need to be open to process changes at a faster pace when the outcome would be a better process.

Advice to Management

More regular communication from the upper and executive levels to the department and support levels.

Mar 27, 2017 – H.R. Recruiter

All Managers at BluEdge regularly review those processes pertinent to their departments. BluEdge conducts these reviews methodically, and any such potential process changes will be thoroughly... More

4. "Project Coordinator"

I worked at BluEdge full-time

Pros

The people are friendly and the days go by fast.

Cons

Hours are long, working til 6 does not allow balance, the hours should stagger for everyone and switch off weekly. Pay for this position is very low in comparison to project coordinator positions locally and nationally. Work you ragged and expect you to accomplish too much instead of concentrating on your bigger clients and projects

Advice to Management

This is a project management position. Not customer service, have someone else worry about phones, shipping and billing, the coordinators need to concentrate on projects to deliver a successful project.

Mar 10, 2017 – H.R. Recruiter

The hours at BluEdge are comparable to those of our competition. Associates are never demanded to work additional hours, but are always asked if they would be willing to do so, solely at their... More

5. "Not sure where all of the positive reviews are coming from"

I worked at BluEdge full-time

Pros

Pizza Friday's in the summer
    Good location

Cons

No promotions for employees just demotions and lay offs
    Floundering company
    If it wasn't for architecture companies, they would've plummeted a long time ago
    Pay is crack and everyone complains about not receiving a raise in over 3 years
    They make up ridiculous titles that don't help you progress when it's time to look for real work

Mar 10, 2017 – H.R. Recruiter

Stating that there have been "no promotions for employees just demotions and layoffs" is simply not true! In fact, there have been numerous promotions at BluEdge over the past few years... More

6. "Account Executive"

I worked at BluEdge full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom to build your own territory, not any micromanaging, company offers lots of flexibility to work with clients, perfect for an established salesman to jump in immediately

Cons

Not much support, little communication from upper management, company direction may change rapidly. No sales expectations given.

Advice to Management

Clearer communication is key, especially for those newer in their careers. There needs to be a better communication of goals and expectations.

Mar 10, 2017 – H.R. Recruiter

BluEdge has many layers of support regarding all disciplines of the company: Sales; Technology; Administration; Operations; etc. Assuming that this former employee was in sales (based upon the... More

7. "A company headed in the right direction"

Pros

Company management is very focused on growth and is aggressively seeking new equipment and technologies to put themselves in a great position to grow. The executives are respected and well versed in their respective areas. Employees are treated fairly and with respect. It's been a fast pace, challenging environment trying to bring in new sales and increase customer opportunities.

Cons

I have a long commute.

Advice to Management

I look forward to continuing our initial discussions on implementing a new, more robust MIS system, It would be a huge benefit to the company. This would allow us to manage overall and within each division more closely by providing focused metric data. It would also streamline our entire process from estimating to billing resulting in better management tools and increased efficiencies.

8. "A Challenging and Healthy Work Environment"

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had a wide and varied industry background since commencing my career. I take great pleasure in saying that NRI rates at the top of my list of best places to work. It is an extremely healthy work environment that fosters initiative while at the same time providing me access to the knowledge and experience base of my fellow employees who are always eager to share their wisdom and experiences with me.

Cons

I haven't encountered any downsides to working here. As in any environment, it is called work because it can at times be difficult to get everything done in the time frame needed. I am glad that I report to someone who understands that and is willing to work with me to find solutions when needed.

Advice to Management

Two thumbs up! I look forward to what ahead in the new year.

9. "A Comfortable Place To Begin A Career."

Current Employee - Data Entry Operator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Entry Operator in New York, NY

I have been working at BluEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with National Reprographics Inc. has thus far been a great experience which I cherish & appreciate greatly. Good atmosphere, good office environment & hardworking folks fill the office of New York, the greatest city in the world. A city I am happy to be a part of & hope to stay a part of for as long as I may. My day to day is certainly not easy but rather filled with strict timelines & heavy multitasking will be expected at times. The work might sometimes appear overwhelming, however the goal of each day is to know that no matter what obstacles get in your way, the only way is forward & forward is where I want to go.

- Relaxed & Trustworthy environment
    - Pleasing Benefits
    - Convenient Location
    - Everybody has common sense
    - Helpful Managers & HR Department
    - Every member is valued

Cons

- May feel disconnection between executives & every one else.

Advice to Management

Continue working with your employees as a team who's hard work positively affects the entire company.

10. "Not worth it"

Pros

I wish I had pros to add.

Cons

No raise, no bonus, no career.

Apr 1, 2016 – H.R. Recruiter

We review our associates, at least, annually, and we try to give raises and/or bonuses where they are warranted.