61% would recommend to a friend
(168 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and little possibility for advancement." (in 14 reviews)
- "The CEO is a bully and extremely moody, and literally doesn’t know how to run an organization for long term success." (in 5 reviews)
- "They don't give you hourly and commission ." (in 4 reviews)
- "Managers don't care about their subordinates." (in 3 reviews)
- "no benefits at all not even a real company" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BrandRep and is not affected by filters.
Found 168 of over 174 reviews
Updated Oct 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 27, 2023ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeSanta Ana, CA
Recently, I've noticed a remarkable shift in the company culture. BrandRep is now more focused on skill development, empowering its employees, and genuinely caring about their well-being. This transformation has created a positive atmosphere.
Wish the changes happened earlier.
- 3.0Jun 7, 2023Brand AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Nice Office, friendly coworkers, nice area
Miscommunication between Sales department, department that does the marketing, and customer service which handles the clients after sales. Sales reps do not interact with clients after the sale.2
- 5.0Oct 19, 2022Digital Marketing CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I love Brandrep. Great Management. Great Training. Great Opportunities. You have to work hard to make better pay. All jobs have growing pains and adjustments that need to be made and Brandrep has proven that are always willing to improve and make changes to make their employees happy. Seems to be the only employees that are not happy are those that constantly complain and never take responsibility for their own actions. This is a job. Come in with a smile on your face and make a decent effort and you will reap the rewards.
Consistency in lead flow seems to need a little help as well as I feel we are understaffed .
- 1.0Mar 5, 2023Account RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Company has some perk and bonuses - but relatively cheap to inspire performance
They do not take care of customers. Get them to sign up than don't deliver the services4
- 3.0Jan 24, 2023Marketing CoordinatorFormer EmployeeIrvine, CA
good people, chillax enviroment, air hockey table , free coffe.
favoritism , lack of growth,gossip , drama they will hire anyone3
- 5.0Nov 29, 2022Sales Development RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Incredibly helpful management, 1-1s were always very informative, and communication was open and inviting. The office is spacious and comfortable, and theres a little break room with TVs that you can watch or play games on, super dope
Biggest issue for me was remote work, they were pushing for everyone to go back to in-office
- 1.0Feb 8, 2023SalesFormer Employee
The favorites gets the good leads. Otherwise you're stuck getting unqualified leads all day.
Loud office Immature management Management isn't aligned or consistent with "protocols". Gaslighting & favoritism is common theme. They don't treat everyone equally. Can't get a decent headset.4
BrandRep Reviews FAQs
BrandRep has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 174 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at BrandRep to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
61% of BrandRep employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BrandRep 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.