BuyAutoParts.com Reviews | Glassdoor

BuyAutoParts.com Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2015

4.4
BuyAutoParts.com CEO Matt Glauber  (no image)
Matt Glauber
  1. "Procurement Asst. Manager"

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com

Pros

-Great place to learn about different operations of a business. My role exposes me to accounting, logistics and purchasing. -Flexible schedules. -Over Time. -Friendly people -Work Life Balance -FREE YOGA -Approachable management -Good health care benefits. - Matching 401k - Growth opportunities

Cons

Not any that are major to express.

Advice to Management

Thank you making this a fun place to work and learn.

BuyAutoParts.com2015-08-05
  2. "Challenging/Fun Work Place"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

the Sales managers are fun to work for. They Set realistic Goals and seem to truly care that you hit them.

Cons

No real con's. Except the free Snacks go too Quick !

Advice to Management

Remove all Saturday shifts.Only working one Saturday every 5 Weeks is nice, But Zero Saturdays would be better.

BuyAutoParts.com2015-07-03
  3. "Logistics Analyst"

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedules, relaxed work environment, great co-workers and great benefits.

Cons

Not much. Higher wages would be nice

BuyAutoParts.com2015-06-16
  4. "Analyst"

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com

Pros

Full benefits, great people, and overall a company that tries to treat its employees as well as they can. Hours are standard with limited weekends and most nationally-recognized holidays off. Other than sales and WHSE - it's mostly an open schedule. Plenty of room for advancement as the turnaround rate is seemingly high. One's ability to learn and adapt always seems to dictate ones' opinion and ultimate fate with... the company.

Cons

Terrible operating systems with an IT/IS department that is relatively inexperienced - this often leads to having no choice but to micro-manage. High turnaround tends to cripple multiple departments at the worst times. Communication and training amongst departments is lacking. A large amount of the employees lack the ability to make critical decisions in a timely manner and lean on others. A large amount of the... employees also seemingly lack the drive and tend to fall into negative vibes without actually understanding operating procedures.

Advice to Management

Communicate, quality train employees, get rid of FOXPRO, respect your employees by saying things to their face, and provide your strongest employees with a reason to move forward.

BuyAutoParts.com2015-06-16
  5. "The Real Deal!"

Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com

Pros

The environment is fun, the people are friendly, schedules are flexible and you're treated fairly. To say the least... The pay is what you make it, can't beat the benefits as well.

Cons

Not much to say.. Wider parking spaces?

Advice to Management

You already have a full plate, keep up the good work!

BuyAutoParts.com2015-05-20
  6. "Awsome!"

Customer Service in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com for less than a year

Pros

People treat you nice, everyone likes helping each other and is a good environment to work in.

Cons

Traffic!! traffic is bad if you leave at 5pm

BuyAutoParts.com2015-05-01
  7. "Easy job...bad pay"

in San Diego, CA

I worked at BuyAutoParts.com

Pros

Easy to get hired, very easy job to perform. This is the position for you if you want to be able to sit around all day and answer phones.

Cons

Lower than industry standard pay, only benefit is health insurance and not even for your family. Growth seems to have all but stopped hard to make any bonus.

Advice to Management

Get the phones to to ring more so sales reps can sell!

BuyAutoParts.com2015-05-23
  8. "Love gears but not grease? This is the place to be."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

BuyAutoParts makes many of my former employers look pretty awesome (lets face it, some of them were). Semi-flexible schedule, reasonable pay, room to grow, little to no micro-managing. The work environment is one of the best I've been in. I'm not a needy individual, but occasionally I do have thoughts or concerns. My department manager has always been quick and effective about responding to them in a way that... makes me feel like I matter. Poor performers do not last here, and this is a good thing - we exist in a sales environment and I only want to work with best around. My co-workers are solid, knowledgeable and dependable. Not only that, they're a honest bunch and I trust them. The whole company seems to just get along. Oh, and I get to wear jeans any day of the week.

Cons

The commute. Current 401k plan does not include matching. I have to sit at a desk.

Advice to Management

I'm not the first to say it, but it would be awesome to have a more transparent view of the company, not that anything is hidden, but rather just to see how the cogs connect.

BuyAutoParts.com2015-02-02

"Quite an interesting ride."

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

This a great company to grow with. They give every employee an opportunity to be apart of the continuous development that is Meridian. The family and community we have here is unlike any other. All teams work in conjunction and we are definitely a well oiled machine. Oh and once you prove yourself capable of doing your job, there is NO micromanagement but there are processes in place for us to check each other.

Cons

The only Con I would even consider is that I don't know every detail of everything that is going on at all times with the company good or bad but I suppose that is my cross to bare as my personality type appreciates any and all information pertaining to the company at all times if that makes any sense. I guess I wish I was in more meetings and new what issues are going on behind the scene of our sales floor.

Advice to Management

I really have no advice for management. My manager Eric Powers goes out of his way to make sure all his reps and supervisors are happy and if there are issues he gets them squashed with the quickness. Like I said, I have no advice accept to keep doin what you are doin.

BuyAutoParts.com2014-10-10

"Awesome people and work/culture environment including an excellent work-life balance."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BuyAutoParts.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent company culture; an entire committee dedicated to employee satisfaction. Great benefits, good pay, comfortable work environment, strong feeling of making a true impact on the organization. A lot of growth opportunity both professionally and financially.

Cons

As this company is in major growth, resources can be somewhat limited. Key leadership roles are currently being put in to play which should help this drastically.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

BuyAutoParts.com2014-10-06