CSI Support and Development Reviews | Glassdoor

CSI Support and Development Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2019

Found 15 reviews

3.9
CSI Support and Development CEO Raymond Lantis  (no image)
Raymond Lantis
  1. "A Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator Supervisor in Warren, MI

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

CSI Support & Development is a family-friendly organization that lives up to the mission of using their unique cooperative management system to provide superior, affordable senior housing communities. The work environment is relaxed. They have good time-off package and other benefits.

Cons

Being a non-profit and funded by government dollars is a barrier to competitive salary.

CSI Support and Development2019-06-28
  2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Warren, MI

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong mission, dedicated people

Cons

Communication can be lacking

CSI Support and Development2019-06-26
  3. "A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CSI is a great company for employees who want to feel like they make a difference. Our vision is for our unique cooperative management system to be the premier national model for affordable senior housing. We never have a dull day and the CSI staff is a friendly, collaborative, supportive group of people. At the end of the day, we feel good about what we do for this non-profit organization.

Cons

Working for a mission-driven, non-profit is not for everyone.

CSI Support and Development2018-06-27
  4. "CSI Review"

Current Employee - Corporate Support in Warren, MI

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, interaction with residents

Cons

Wages/salary, no opportunity for advancement, training & education not equally offered to all employees, favoritism, employee morale, management fails to take employee concerns seriously.

Advice to Management

Allow ALL employees the opportunity to be able to further their knowledge of the industry, by providing education and training to those that want it. Lack of communication amongst corporate departments.

CSI Support and Development2017-11-08
  5. "Master Electrician Code Inforcement"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at CSI Support and Development for less than a year

Pros

Great job but contract expired 2017

Cons

Contract expired and new company did not pick me up

CSI Support and Development2017-10-26
  6. "Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time

Pros

positive work environment, management listens and sincerely cares about staff and residents, good pay and outstanding benefits

Cons

The hardest part about working at CSI is preserving the cooperative system, which is ultimately what makes CSI successful. Maintaining the cooperative system is a challenge, but the rewards are proven.

Advice to Management

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Continue to be caring, strong, kind, compassionate and respectful. Embrace the changing culture but do not make changes because someone doesn't understand the "co-op" system. I'm a proud employee and a strong advocate for CSI. Keep up the great job!

CSI Support and Development2017-10-02
  7. "CSI, horrible place to work, unless you enjoy abuse."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Pros

CSI Support And Development provides a steady paycheck, 401k, vacation pay, sick pay, holiday pay and a good medical benefits package, with optical and dental.

Cons

Low pay, angry tenants, disgruntled employees (rightfully so) demoralizing atmosphere. Constant problems with tenants because they use a “co-op” system which doesn’t work and creates numerous problems for tenants and employees. current operations management constantly derails motivated employees. If you are smart, ambitious and have a lot of great ideas, come work here and you will be quickly shot down, demoralized... and demotivated.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to members and new employees. Start giving your current employees reasons to stay.

CSI Support and Development2017-09-27
  8. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment, high level of trust, mission driven organization that meets their mission, stable, good benefits and value their employees.

Cons

The nature of the industry - this are always changing and move slow.

CSI Support and Development2017-06-29
  9. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at CSI Support and Development full-time

Pros

CSI runs the company like family. They don't micro-manage; we support each other, listen, and always encourage others to speak out and get involved to make the company even better. They take good care of their employees. Good training/travel budgets; lots of other perks. They also genuinely care about those we serve and allow open employee input of ideas.

Cons

I'd prefer more time to network with all my CSI employees, but that is a personal preference.

CSI Support and Development2017-06-29
  10. "Proud to work at CSI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Pros

I first heard about CSI 16 years ago while working at another company. I was able to see how they conducted business with integrity and respect. 9 years ago I actively pursued my current career. I look around now at the large number of people that have worked here for 20+ years and look forward to being one of them in the future.

Cons

Traffic on my commute to and from work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on the strategic plan!

Found 15 reviews