CSSMV Reviews | Glassdoor

CSSMV Reviews

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had - a fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

There is constant recognition and great communication from upper management and through all departments. Very family oriented - good benefits and time off is not discouraged. Reminded of the difference we make in the community - lots of "warm fuzzies".

Cons

Being non-profit they can't pay what you could most likely make elsewhere. Job security can depend on government/community funding, etc. The separate office buildings (with their different programs) can sometimes seem like completely unrelated companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You communicate WITH us not just TO us. Thanks for making us feel valued. Please remember that while we're there because we blieve in our purpose of serving others, we do have our own bills to pay.

2. "CSSMV Review"

Former Employee - Student Intern in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Student Intern in Dayton, OH

Pros

CSSMV is a wonderful organization that has so much to offer individuals and families in the Dayton area. Supervisors communicated their needs clearly while coworkers respected one another. Clients appreciated assistance and overall, it was a rewarding experience.

Cons

As an intern, I had the opportunity to work with clients on a weekly basis. However, because CSSMV is so well-known in the community, there were many walk-in appointments that caused meetings with scheduled clients to be cut short. Work environment could get busy and crowded at times.

3. "Family Stabilization Coordinator"

Pros

Your supervisors and all other colleagues are friendly and helpful, they are happy to answer all your questions since you are new to the facility.

Cons

There is no salary for any type of internships, and the A.C. was a little bit too cold for some people.

4. "my casino life"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Sault Ste. Marie, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Sault Ste. Marie, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CSSMV full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the money is ok and the benefits are good

Cons

no one listens to the frontline employees

Advice to Management

frontline employees know a lot listen to them and their suggestions