KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

65% Recommend to a Friend
66% Approve of CEO

Found 150 of over 151 reviews

3.6
Car Keys Express President and Owner Mark Lanwehr (no image)
Mark Lanwehr

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There are some employees that are or were actually great people!(in 11 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and location isn’t too bad.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Management always listens to your needs and finds ways for you; as an individual to flourish in the organization.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Good work / life balance.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Seems there's a lot better vibe around the office.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Awesome people / company

Aug 4, 2022 - Production Technician in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly co-workers - Laid back atmosphere, but also structured - 830-5pm M-F - maybe have to work OT 1-2 days a year - I've been able to grow with the company the last several years by simply being on time, and doing what was asked of me.

Cons

- Still some growing pains like any new company will have - but it's STILL growing, so it's exciting!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Go CKE!

Aug 10, 2022 - Operations Manager in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with CKE for 10 years, the company has come a long way since I started. It no longer feels like a start up but I think that's a good thing. I work with a great team of smart, capable, and hard working people. The same goes for our AMs in the field who are passionate and dedicated to their jobs and to ensuring they have happy customers. I have the upmost confidence in the ongoing success of the company and have no plans to leave anytime soon. Lastly, I enjoy being able to work from home.

Cons

I will miss the downtown office, however, working from home makes up for that.

3. 5.0

Great Company, Great Environment

Jul 27, 2022 - Production Technician in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is an excellent place to work. The management team cares about their employees and treats them with respect. The pay and benefits are good. We get lunch sometimes to celebrate important things. Best part is, they play music over the plant and if you do not like what is playing that day, you can put in your headphones and work. Schedule is Monday through Friday and this is one place that really does push diversity. One of the most diverse and inclusive places I have every worked.

Cons

No real cons to point out. I have recommended a lot of my friends.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Truly Entrepreneurial

Jul 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Seriously innovative technology company - Dynamic employee base

Cons

- Flexibility is a must

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Interesting

Aug 4, 2022 - Training Manager in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Umm... their previous downtown location was next to Please and Thank You...

Cons

Dont plan on advancement unless you are in the inner circle club - meaning if you speak your mind and have a brain about common sense and question the why you wont go anywhere. I have worked for large and small corporations in my career but nowhere like iKeyless/Car Keys Express, where gossip and back stabbing are everyday occurrences. Upper Management crying, shaddy business doings, etc. If you are a professional, save yourself the trouble and dont work here.

Car Keys Express Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Understanding employee experiences helps us improve our company culture. We're happy to answer any specific questions you may have. Send us an email at glassdoor@carkeysexpress.com

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Most Flexible Job I Have Ever Had!

Jul 19, 2022 - Full Time Corporate Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with CKE for 4 years now and still love it. I work on a small team that has gotten really close over the years. My manager is incredibly flexible with me, allowing me to take time I need for doctors appointments, travel, etc as long as I make up the time and get my job done. I can't speak for every team, but if I show up, do my job, offer to help and try to do the best I can, my manger is super flexible to help in any way they can as well. Working from home has been the best thing. With my position, I have the ability to work from anywhere as long as I have service. This gives me great work life balance which is important to me because I love to travel. I can go out of town, work during the day, and then have the evenings and weekends to do anything or go anywhere I want!

Cons

As I mentioned, I cannot speak for every team. All of our Managers have a different management style, so if you are interviewing, it is important to ask the manager how they operate. What works for some, doesn't work for others. Lastly I do think more could be done for employee benefits/ perks and pay. I try to be empathetic because the economy is tough right now, but if CKE isn't able to increase everyone's pay according to inflation, it would be great for them to try and find other benefits that could be added that are not as costly to them. Letting us continue to work from home, more holidays off, giftcards etc are all ideas.

Director of Retail Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experiences. We are proud of our highly functioning team across the entire organization

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work from home. Lots of career advancement opportunity. Great company!

Jun 29, 2022 - Management in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The strongest pro is that we are 100% work from home. Car Keys Express has entrusted and afforded us the ability to work remotely, full-time. I couldn't imagine working in an office, and never plan to do so, again.

Cons

The amount of meetings can be overwhelming. Would like to see a little more recognition for achieving milestones and completing projects on time.

8. 1.0

Phony

Jul 20, 2022 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hours are the only benefit

Cons

Everything else is pretty terrible

Car Keys Express Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Your constructive feedback is valuable to us, and we will review it with our leadership team. Understanding employee experiences helps us improve our company culture. We're happy to answer any specific questions you may have. Send us an email at glassdoor@carkeysexpress.com

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Horrible Company Values

Jun 28, 2022 - Sales in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work from home for most positions. This the ONLY benefit of working here.

Cons

The CEO of the company does not care about the employees of his company. Gives little to no raises to his employees while he is raking in the big bucks.

Director of Retail Operations

10. 2.0

Stay away

May 17, 2022 - Account Manager in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

Pay, territory management, consumer dispatches.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 150 Reviews
</>Embed

Car Keys Express Reviews FAQs

Car Keys Express has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 151 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Car Keys Express to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Car Keys Express employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Car Keys Express. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

65% of Car Keys Express employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Car Keys Express 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Car Keys Express to be career development, management, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, benefits.

Popular Careers with Car Keys Express Job Seekers