KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CarShop Chairman and CEO Roger Penske
Roger Penske

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and every weekend(in 19 reviews)
  • "Low pay and long hours(in 12 reviews)
  • "if anything there could be better communication between departments(in 4 reviews)
  • "Some long days & can occasionally be stressful due to customer visits, weekend working required for most roles but understandable due to the nature of the business.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of CarShop and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Carshop has done it again!

May 11, 2022 - Automotive General Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Penske Automotive Group since 2014 and have enjoyed the company and my journey immensely! I have never had a company invest in me and care about my growth and even me and my family personally like PAG. When Carsense now carshop was purchased by PAG with their business model and track record, I couldn’t wait until they were in Arizona. I’ve been with carshop since Sept. 2021. For the 8 months I’ve called carshop home it has been everything I’d hope it would be and more! The executive team cares about everyone on the team. That’s right, that isn’t a typo! I’ve witness each member of executive management take an interest in me and those around me more times than I can count. They truly believe what they say they’re all about. It’s awesome! Carshop Scottsdale is a phenomenal place to work. Stop buy anytime and I’d be happy to tell you more.

Cons

Hard to believe but there are none. Here’s why. They approach misunderstanding and mistakes with an open mind even if it ever was their own. They want to know what we as employees think and feel and would course correct if appropriate and beneficial. They are also open to our feedback at all times, about any aspect of our concerns down to the day to day business. Unless that changes there are no cons in my mind at carshop Scottsdale.

CarShop Response

Wow, thank you for the passionate review! It's great to hear that you are as excited for the future of CarShop as I am. We have built incredible teams at all 8 of our current stores and can't wait to share our culture with even more. At CarShop, we truly do care for our associates. Building up our people is how we grow our business, and have fun while do so! If we work together and help each other, we will also succeed together. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for CarShop. It's infectious!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Only Work/Balance in the Automotive Industry

Sep 1, 2022 - Sales Manager in Chester Springs, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance Competitive Pay Promotes from with-in Offers unique buying experience that makes selling/managing enjoyable

Cons

Like all other dealers, retail hours can be tough, however closing early on Saturday is a plus.

CarShop Response

Thank you for leaving this great review! At CarShop, we value our associates and show that by striving to provide a good work/life balance and competitive pay. We hire to retire and love to promote from within. You are right- Saturdays are tough, but we try our best to make it a fun, welcoming environment. Keep up the great attitude and leaving us feedback on how we can make CarShop even better!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A place to grow

Sep 1, 2022 - Sales Consultant in Chest Springs, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere with endless abilities to move up in the company.

Cons

Wouldn't mind some Saturday's off.

CarShop Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm glad you enjoy working at CarShop! I know retail hours can be tough, but we try to make it fun too! Let's make sure you get a Saturday off every now and again! We are always looking to improve, so let us know if you have any more suggestions!

4. 5.0

Welcomed with open arms

Aug 18, 2022 - Management in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the things that I am most impressed with is the level of integrity and commitment to do the right thing. Whether the situation involves a guest or an employee the only thing that senior leadership wants to know is did we do the right thing. Pretty cool!

Cons

So, far cannot speak to anything that I find negative. The company expects the team to act with integrity and perform at a high level, so some might not operate at a high level and find it challenging, but if you want to be surrounded by good people that are all trying to be the best and do their best, then you will be in good company.

CarShop Response

Wow- thank you for this positive feedback! Integrity is central to all we do at CarShop. We always strive to do the right thing and we put a lot of thought into creating the best experience for our customers and associates. Of course, none of it would be possible without our fantastic associates. Welcome to the team- keep on sharing your leadership skills and infectious enthusiasm for CarShop!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Career

Aug 17, 2022 - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Competitive pay and benefits Positive atmosphere Company fun events

Cons

None to share at this time

CarShop Response

Thank you for your years of service and for the positive feedback! At CarShop, we work hard to maintain our culture and to provide our associates with a good work/life balance. It's great to hear our efforts are recognized! Keep up the great attitude, and let us know what we can do to improve!

6. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Aug 4, 2022 - Sales Consultant in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work for

Cons

Longer hours somedays but it is worth it if you have the right work attitude

CarShop Response

Thank you for taking time to leave this review. I’m glad you are enjoying the team in Cranberry. We are very proud of our culture and the associates that help make it up. I know retail can be tough sometimes, but work/life balance is very important to us. Keep up the great attitude!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for

Aug 4, 2022 - Sales Manager in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. The company cares about your individual success and concerns.

Cons

i can't think of any

CarShop Response

Thank you for your many years of service and for taking the time to leave a positive review! We do care for all our associates and want the best for them. Keep giving us feedback on what we can do to make CarShop even better.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, Great people

Aug 4, 2022 - Assistant Finance Manager in Cranberry, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for growth, Family atmosphere, being fed Saturdays and company luncheons!

Cons

Working every Saturday isn't a blast but it's necessary

CarShop Response

Thank you for leaving this review. We do care about all our team members and want to show it to them any way we can! We also want to see them grow and succeed. You’re right about Saturdays, but they are a necessary part of retail, and we try to keep them fun. Keep up the good attitude!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Aug 3, 2022 - Service Manager in Chester Springs, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

President is personal and culture is great

Cons

Could use a little more structure

CarShop Response

I’m glad to hear you love the culture at CarShop- it’s such an important part of who we are! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for CarShop! Be sure to reach out to HR to discuss your ideas on how we can improve.

10. 5.0

Amazing

Jul 9, 2022 - Sales Consultant in Robinson, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work! Caring, great people.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about CarShop!

CarShop Response

Thank you for leaving this review. We do care about all our team members and want to see them grow and succeed! Keep up the great attitude and continue giving us feedback on what we do well and what we can do to make CarShop even better!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 551 Reviews

CarShop Reviews FAQs

CarShop has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 680 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at CarShop to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CarShop employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CarShop. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

96% of CarShop employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CarShop 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CarShop to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with CarShop Job Seekers