Communisis Reviews | Glassdoor

Communisis Reviews

Updated Mar 16, 2020

3.1
Communisis CEO Andy Blundell (no image)
Andy Blundell
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management were so far removed from what the employees wanted and drove a very hard profit focused approach to working(in 5 reviews)

1. "A challenging work environment"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Communisis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company that appears to be strong in the area of print.

Cons

IT implementation processes are lacking, level of development resource is insufficient, and deliveries are generally of poor quality. Poor/weak company communications.

Communisis2020-03-16
  2. "Great people work there and good progression prospects"

Current Employee - Head of Service Delivery in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Communisis full-time

Pros

Progressive, great people, flexible, moving in to new technologies which future products the company

Cons

Been through a steep learning curve in new technologies, lots of red tape and little empowerment. Leadership feels very operationally led now

Communisis2020-02-26
  3. "Place that appreciates people that are commited"

Current Employee - Technology Manager

I have been working at Communisis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of great and commited people to work with Place where ambitious employees have a great chance for career growth Always growing and developing environment with plenty side and up opportunities Hard workers get recognised

Cons

Can be chaotic due to ever changing and developing environment and for some that just want easy set job it may not be right fit

Communisis2020-02-13
  4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Apprentice in Liverpool, England

I worked at Communisis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good training opportunities and mentor ship, good culture, and good pay for an apprenticeship.

Cons

I would have liked more responsibilities earlier on it took a while to really get into the job.

Communisis2019-12-01

"Needs direction and stability"

Former Employee - Business Director in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Communisis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great client listing and a distinct proposition giving it a niche position in the market

Cons

Lacks a coherent structure

Communisis2019-11-12

"I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. I encourage you to avoid."

Former Employee - Commodity

I worked at Communisis full-time

Pros

If you were employed on the shop floor. This would be a 'step up' for you. Otherwise, there exists no 'Pros' for working for Communisis. That comment is without prejudice and based only upon fact. Rated as 1 - You can't rate 0.

Cons

Everything! It's a depressive, narrow minded, toxic environment. If you have the unfortunate experience of taking a permanent role or even a contracted role with this company, you will regret the acceptance of it. I am confident in saying that. Moreover and notwithstanding, taking into consideration what can only be referred to as 'optimisation' - you will ultimately soon be without a position altogether. Thank goodness for 'off shoring'. That way you can also apportion blame of your incompetency as a company onto a third party. Clever. No client will be any the wiser. Firstly, I am not an aggrieved employee. Far from it. I am merely disappointed that I wasted my time predicated on pernicious descriptions of a job role which was mis-sold from the outset. There is no formal training. When I mention training. Please do not interpret this as an innate need to participate in external, non relevant classes or certifications - just to get myself ahead through company expenses. As a minimum, you would expect some form of product or platform training within your induction. Instead you experience facetious and artiface approaches to a formal handover. Left to your own devices to 'figure it out'. It seems that the attitude of most is...'that's how I had to learn'. It's company wide. There is an inherent blame culture. Once you are a name within a seat, it becomes your responsibility. Full accountability without context becomes your culpability. All because you were cc'd into an email. Even within a fundamental HR approach to people management, it does not exist. You are not supported or represented. If you are not already a member of a Union and accept a role. I recommend 'Unite'. Other unions are available and will happily represent you. If you choose not to take up this advice. 0300 123 1100 - is the Acas helpline, which you are likely to need. Do not listen to any advice that states you cannot contact them 'because you haven't been here two years'. You will be expected to work over your lunch hour and participate in futile telephone calls to speculate on project status and releases because everyone is too afraid to take ownership through fear of reproach. Furthermore, please be aware of any positive reviews contained within Glassdoor. I would be sceptical of these. From many of the reviews I have read, they appear to be written only by senior management to support geographical coverage and posturing. How, the opportunity of 'visiting multiple sites' whether that be Leeds, Liverpool or anywhere else is considered a 'positive'. Remains a mystery to me. Other than to establish a public perception of market share and company reach. The only comment I have on this, is thus; if you are expected to travel to these locations because that is 'oh so positive'. Be prepared to leave your abode at 4am to arrive for 9am. That's right, the unwritten expectation of travel within your own personal time is expected, depsite it clearly not being contained within your written contract. ( Please see inclusion of Acas helpline, above ). If you are motivated by non conformance, failures to adhere to data retention policies and desultory professional working practices. This is the place for you. No project is on time - as all staff are over stretched and without support. Honestly, how the company is still in existence is a complete surprise. Also, if any responses proclaim to be from senior management on here - that is a fallacy because they do not confabulate at any level whilst you're employed, so to consider them sat during their working day or even catching up on correspondence in the evening whilst indulging in an episode of Emmerdale is ridiculous. If you are thinking of working for Communisis. Please don't. Even if it's getting stressful being out of work. Hold tight. You'll find something better. Something far more rewarding. A job with a company that appreciates you. That offers recognition and reward. Do not leave a job because you might be a little bored of it and are potentially sold a challenge. You will only likely be receiving a prescription from your doctor and wishing you had fully considered this abridgment of a formal complaint to an employment tribunal. Written off as a poor experience and one I would not wish upon my worst enemy. Good Luck!

Communisis2019-11-16

"Disorganised"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Communisis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Flexible working hours - Diverse workforce - Fun with the right people - Travel is expected but not too bad

Cons

- Disorganised working teams - The structure doesn't work - Trying to be something that they are not - No manager is helpful if you have an issue - Only focused on making money and not improving the process - Slow to adapt to new ways of working - IT department stuck in the 90s - unable to cater to all their clients without something breaking and no one cares about the client.

Communisis2019-11-11

"competitive"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Communisis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Central London location, dynamic culture

Cons

penalising expenses, continuous focus on costs

Communisis2019-09-04
  9. "Not great, not terrible ;-)"

Former Employee - Solutions Analyst in Leeds, England

I worked at Communisis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a grinder, sink or swim environment. If you are willing to put crazy hours in, there is a future for you at Communisis.

Cons

Forget about PDP. Not a lot of social events, poor salaries. awful offices. NO PLANTS.

Communisis2019-09-04

"Lack of support across the business"

I worked at Communisis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for an international company and the brands they work across. Great London offices. Good HR team.

Cons

If you work on one of their client's sites, you can feel very detached from the company, lack of support both from employee wellness and support from management. When I worked on-site, I wasn't given a desk, an entry pass and nor was I ever made to feel welcome or apart of the team through time worked there. However, if the support from management and employee wellness was there this may have been different.

Communisis2019-08-30