Community Gatepath Reviews | Glassdoor

Bryan Neider

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "community instructor"

I worked at Community Gatepath full-time

Pros

-lots of free time to explore the peninsula with your participants
    -great staff to work with
    -if you love outdoors, this is great

Cons

rain or shine, you go outdoors
    participants can get kinda crazy and they don't train well to handle it
    low pay

2. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Community Gatepath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company full of caring people. You always feel appreciated.

Cons

Low pay, but expected in a non-profit.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all that you do.

3. "Job Coach"

Pros

The Cause and the people were the best reason to work at Gatepath.

Cons

Lower pay but it is a non-profit, so kind of understood what I was getting into.

Advice to Management

Felt like there was a big divide between the front line workers and the Directors/Executives. Would be great for the managing team to be more in touch with the day-to-day, especially since they speak about it at fundraising events and so forth.

Oct 18, 2016 – VP of HR

Thank you for your comments and input on how to promote leadership involvement with program services and our clients. There is a strong commitment from our management team to uphold our values and... More

4. "Living Skills Coach and Volunteer"

Pros

this organization has been a leader in support of children and adults with developmental disabilities. Kind, knowledgeable, interested staff

Cons

state funding and charitable donations have remained flat while demand for services has increased. It makes it difficult for management to determine how to do more with less. They do a good job but the compensation and job requirements are not equal to the meaningful impact staff has with their client participants.

Advice to Management

I would make sure the skills and experience of the employees match the needs of the client participants to whom they are matched. Lots of appreciation will help with the lack of ability to highly compensate employees

Apr 18, 2016 – VP of HR

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We appreciate your feedback on employee appreciation and engagement. Gatepath values our employees and compensation is a priority in the area of staff support... More

5. "Great Non-Profit that Keeps Getting Better"

I have been working at Community Gatepath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

> New CEO that is passionate, inspirational, and committed to continuing to make improvements to better the lives of participants, children, families, the community, and Gatepath employees
    > Working with people that are dedicated to their jobs and our mission
    > Affordable benefits
    >Training opportunities and managers that value and strive for the professional growth of their teams
    > Not a day has gone by where I haven't been inspired by the dedication of my co-workers or by interacting with the incredible participants that were serve

Cons

Working at a non-profit will always have it's challenges, especially regarding funding for programs and compensation. Within the past few months, I have already begun to see positive changes regarding these challenges and I am confident it will only get better from here.

"So Much Potential Not Met"

I worked at Community Gatepath (More than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed my co-workers and the families we served. Fantastic mission idea. So much potential to do good.

Cons

My manager did not behave in a professional manner -- definite clique behavior with favorites being forgiven everything and those not in the inner circle being punished for very minor infractions.

Advice to Management

I wish this had been a different experience, but the wrong person was in a position of power and did not use it to better the company.

Jan 22, 2016 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback and support of our mission. Our staff are amazing and the heart of our work!

HR continues to develop our management team and we appreciate your comments.

Thank you... More

"Instructor"

Pros

OK beginning experience working with Adults with needs.

Cons

Training is below minimum; program quality at its worst. Clients are basically "stuck" in program due to untrained staff in behavior modification. Lack of ethics. Low wage as expected in the non profit field. Some supervisors prioritized paperwork rather than quality assurance.

Advice to Management

Focus on training: basic behavior modification, ethics and HIPAA guidelines. The more your employees know, the better they'll appreciate their work in its importance, thus increasing morale and quality programs.

Jan 22, 2016 – VP of HR

Thank you for your review - we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are committed to focus on staff development and program quality with the leadership of our new CEO Bryan Neider,

As a former... More

"Wish it was different"

I worked at Community Gatepath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The participants are amazingly fun and my colleagues were dedicated and passionate. The mission is admirable. I learned a lot working there.

Cons

There are not enough staff to achieve the aggressive goals we were given. Management expect staff to do way too much with the resources provided. Management have no idea what it is like in program and sit in their comfortable offices in a nice location while staff and participants are in uncomfortable, poorly maintained facilities. We are supposed to have a certain number of staff to participants (ratio) and staff who do not work in program are included in the ratio - I think that might even be illegal. I never met a Board Member either...

Advice to Management

Management needs a reality check. I suggest Management and the Board stop worrying about increasing the size of the organization and start focusing on improving the quality of services that are provided. After working there I would never recommend their services to family or friends.

"Runs like a Startup"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Community Gatepath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, coworkers are supportive and helpful, great mission - purposeful, semi-casual work attire, Health benefits package vs cost of benefit package is great.

Cons

Overworked employees and it always seems like everyone is behind on something because there's too much work for the staff. Compensation is average for the job description but significantly under for what is actually expected. Company has a high turn over rate. Upper level management seems set in their ways, they don't seem to welcome change.

Advice to Management

Be open to change. Suggest changing up the review process and raise reviews.

Jan 22, 2016 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. HR has introduced a new performance review process and we have made changes to invest in direct care position salaries. We are committed to supporting our... More

"Love working with a purpose"

I have been working at Community Gatepath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workplace flexibility is excellent and I enjoy working with a team who are equally passionate about the mission of Gatepath. I have found my experience to be satisfying and rewarding.

Cons

Traffic is really heavy on the Peninsula during peak commute times, which is why I appreciate the work flexibility and telecommuting option.

Advice to Management

Excellent job at keeping up with the rapidly changing nonprofit sector.

May 24, 2015 – VP of HR

Thank you for your comments! We are grateful for your contributions and appreciate your dedication to our mission.