Community Integrated Work Program Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2

"Fun Team/Great Hours"

Former Employee - Job Coach in Antioch, CA

I worked at Community Integrated Work Program full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the other employees were great to work with and everyone really helped one another out. The hours were really great. 7:30am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday. The benefits were good too. Paid time off and sick leave. Paid holidays. There were two medical options. I picked the one that was totally free. There was also dental and optical benefits. There was a 401K with matching (but only up to 4%) .... The overall work was fairly easy. Even though there were clients with behaviors, none of them were too difficult. There were substitutes available if I needed time off. There were only a couple of times when I wasn't able to get my requested time off, but usually because someone else had already asked for it. If I had a last minute emergency, the management did their best to accommodate me. It was a good place to work with clients, get practical experience, and gain new skills before going back to school and finishing my degree.

Cons

The pay was very low. Starting pay was close to minimum wage. There seemed to be new policies all the time (but management at least explained why they were necessary). Other than moving to from an aide to a Job Coach, there are not to many opportunities for promotions. There are a few specialized positions, but these spots don't open very often.

Advice to Management

Managers should do a better job recognizing good performance. We had performance reviews, but some extra recognition for successes would go a long way. Since the pay is so low (I understand that it's set by the government), you should provide more perks and rewards. They don't necessarily need to be monetary.

Community Integrated Work Program2018-05-30

"CIWP"

Current Employee - Job Coach Aide in North Highlands, CA

I have been working at Community Integrated Work Program part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supervise and train individuals with mental/physical disabilities on janitorial skills Not stuck at an office for 8 hours a day Thankless job. Working with those that can't help themselves

Cons

Hours are from 7am - 3pm non negotiable Individuals could have behaviors and become verbally aggressive

Advice to Management

More health opportunities such as required health maintenance options and only purchase on Fridays

Community Integrated Work Program2018-07-20
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"aid"

Former Employee - Aide in Hayward, CA

I worked at Community Integrated Work Program full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

poor management or indifferent

Cons

bad bad pay and going to the same places clients and staff are given no motivation

Advice to Management

Get help with new leadership

Community Integrated Work Program2018-03-05

"Honesty"

Former Employee - Job Coach in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Community Integrated Work Program full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have great medical benefits dental benefits are OK I benefits and 4K it's a good schedule 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. They usually pay for holiday and you have pti and sick time separate . Clients are really good to know and coworkers make the environment really fun.

Cons

Poor Communication within the upper staff is poorly. there have been 3 directors within the last year With the current director belittling you. Making you feel as if you the worker Are dispensable . Managers don't take in heed from advice from Employees. The morale is bad for employees as well.

Advice to Management

Employees really make or break your business if you're going to treat them poorly be sure to know that they will leave the business. When you do not treat your employees as if they are a part of the business they will find other opportunities

Community Integrated Work Program2017-09-25

"Please read before applying"

Former Employee - Job Coach in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Community Integrated Work Program full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to make a difference in the lives of adults who have disabilities and in the community. Medical benefits after 3 full months, 401k after 1 years, and that's about it.

Cons

The pay is the low. The Elk Grove branch has had 4 different directors in the last 3 YEARS!!!! (that can not be a good sign!) Their day program is ran poorly. All of the leadership team members give little professional direction and when they do they give confusing instructions when it comes to their unrealistic expectations. The relationship and culture war between job coaches and the leadership has been really bad... for many years. Job coaches spend most of their days driving around very old, smelly, and sometimes unsafe vans with poor or no a/c. Try working in those conditions during a heatwaves. It's not fun or safe. If you want to move up in the company do not get your hopes up. Even people who have worked at the company for years haven't moved up. Don't waste your time applying to work here if you want to protect your mental health and well being.

Advice to Management

The leadership changes company rules frequently and are often unreasonable and not in writing. This makes daily work life stressful, confusing, and frustrating. No wonder their turnover rates are so high! The leadership teams creates a stressful work environment. The leadership is unethical at times and have very poor management skills. For example, they said they would install video cameras in the work vans and... then they said they were not going to do that. They made the job coaches sign a paper to agree with being video taped and if we refused to sign it that they would fire anyone who didn't sign. They didn't have the clients sign it and I'm pretty sure filming clients is against HIPAA code and violates their privacy rights.

Community Integrated Work Program2017-09-22

"Job coach"

Former Employee - Job Coach in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Community Integrated Work Program part-time for more than a year

Pros

You work out in the community and network with local businesses to get contracts for your clients

Cons

It requires a lot of driving

Advice to Management

The management should communicate better and refrain from picking favorites

Community Integrated Work Program2017-08-01

"Job Coach"

Job Coach in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Community Integrated Work Program

Pros

You get to work from 7am-3pm and work with some really awesome clients and co-workers.

Cons

Pay is the lowest in the area and not at market value. Very poor and immature leadership. High stress office environment and poor company policies and poor follow through for improvement.

Advice to Management

Stop using passive aggressive communication style. Give employee evaluations and be fair about them. Get to the root cause of why your employees are unhappy. When leadership tells their employees " if you don't like it here then you can leave" it causes low moral. Leadership should be asking why people find it stressful working there and focus on working on resloving the issues.

Community Integrated Work Program2016-09-14

"Many walks in the park (but job is not "a walk in the park")"

I have been working at Community Integrated Work Program full-time

Pros

You get to work with a population that really needs support. Working with adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities can be very rewarding. Solid hours, good benefits, and many opportunities to make a difference in the lives of others.

Cons

Overall, work does not pay well - similar programs and businesses have the same struggle. Funding for this kind of work has not increased for a long time so raises and bonuses are extremely rare. There is little room for growth (very few positions for promotions). Some program participants range from obscenely lazy to extremely volatile.

Advice to Management

From my observations the company is always trying to accommodate each program participant individually at the cost of employees and other participants. We know there is no "one-size fits all" solution but a set of standards should be made and expected to be met by both employees and participants.

Community Integrated Work Program2015-06-10