Connect DFW Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rachel O'Hara

Pros
  • The people I worked with were very fun and energetic and it really provided a great atmosphere (in 3 reviews)

• You will gain so much valuable knowledge on sales and marketing that you can take with you anywhere and everywhere (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Another business to business/ Door to door job (in 18 reviews)

• No benefits included, as well as no gas compensation (in 11 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in

Cons

None so far it's nice.

2. "One of the top rated companies to work for in 2016!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Impeccable training program, promotes from within, fun atmosphere, just to name a few! I've learned so many wonderful things in such a short amount of time and cannot wait to see what the future holds!

Cons

Not too much to say here, you must be at multitasking, something I'm working on! This company forces you to be better today than yesterday.

3. "It was Okay"

I worked at Connect DFW full-time

Pros

Will hire just about anyone.

Cons

Mostly sales, job position was not what was listen on job site.

"Solicitors wanted."

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They keep the atmosphere very light and friendly. This may just be a facade because of the high turnover rate.

Cons

Very poor pay, ALL COMMISION after being told their was a base salary included, meaning if you don't make any sales you get paid NOTHING. No benefits included, as well as no gas compensation. You have to drive your own vehicle across Texas everyday and pay for gas out of your own pocket. Long work hours, be prepared to work 70 hours a week Monday through Saturday, 12 hours a day. Unethical company, told to solicit local business all day, and enter office buildings that you have no permission to be entering. Be prepared to walk in a suit all day in rain, snow, heat, etc, and get criticized for eating lunch. Job description states "Sports Marketing Firm", but in reality you are dropped of in retail areas for 10 hours a day soliciting businesses. Even if you are able to make sales, it is not worth the time and effort of working 6 days a week for 70 hours. Absolutely no work life balance what so ever, probably explains why their is such a large turnover.

Advice to Management

Ads should state: "solicitors wanted"

"Not for everyone"

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you sell enough tickets you'll make enough money like you would if you worked a minimum wage job.

Cons

Honestly, I just feel like I've been lied to this whole time. I was promised a job in marketing and not sales over the phone. I get here and it turns out its all sales. They paint a very pretty picture on how you can grow and how there is no seniority but where is the growth. Before you accept the position ask for details and evidence of growth over the past year because in the short time I was here. I saw dozens of people come and go and maybe only 4-5 same faces in the span of a couple months.

Advice to Management

Tell us its a sales job and that we are going to be soliciting business to business or to whoever will talk to us. Every week there is literally a new group of people. Why is there such high turnover if the opportunity is so great. Tell us we are working Mon-Sat from 7:30AM to 7 PM. Why lie?

"Excellent company for the career minded"

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time

Pros

The growth potential is unlimited, team based everything but feels more like family!

Cons

That most people lack the work ethic to make it their career,instead of another paycheck.

"Growth isn't an option, it's more of a standard."

Current Employee - Head Human Resources Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Head Human Resources Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many company tall about growth with a company but feel trapped in the position they originally started in. Connect F+DFW offers extensive training in multiple divisions throughout our office and I like being able to wear many hats and take on more responsibility through challenging myself and setting personal goals to achieve my daily goals. We are a very team oriented company, that strives on relationship building and makes sure we go out for team night, just to have fun! Growth with this company should be looked at as a necessity, and not just a choice.

Cons

Nothing is handed to you in this company. Constructive criticism will only make you stronger, but if you are being stubborn and not listening to exactly what they are teaching to get on the fast track to management, this might not be the right fit for you.

"Great company!"

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time

Pros

Management is keen on continued growth of each member of the team.
    Many events and company gatherings within the office, can't complain about being invited to sit in a suite at the Maverick's game! The company is constantly setting higher standards upon themselves to be better daily, and constantly achieving those goals. Connect DFW genuinely seems to care about their employees, I have seen numerous companies say they offer "training" only to get you in the door and then watch you fail. With Connect DFW, the training is impeccable. I feel I am constantly learning and growing, and what more could I really ask for? I have already received a promotion in the few months I have worked here, and do not see myself stopping anytime soon. The HR staff is simply awesome. Very helpful, approachable and just plain friendly!! Location is great too, it is literally 30 minutes from anywhere!

Cons

You have to actually work...I know that sounds crazy, but many people are looking for an easy paycheck. This is a competitive company and if you are not doing what you need to be doing, someone else will....it's simple really.

Advice to Management

I am genuinely impressed with what you have done with Connect DFW, and can not wait to see what this next year has in store!

10. "Great Company To Work For!"

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the staff members are very upbeat and positive. If I have any questions I get help from multiple people. I have been able to grow and learn in a competitive yet friendly environment.

Cons

At this point in time I haven't found any cons. So far everyone is very helpful and outgoing. Being successful seems to be a common goal.

Advice to Management

I don't feel I am at the point where I can give advice. Just want to thank all Management for their support.

"What an experience!"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Connect DFW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing support system, challenging, unlimited opportunity, family environment, KILLER clientele. I was employed with Connect for 3 years and wouldn't trade a day of it. For anyone considering the opportunity I strongly suggest applying IF you are wanting to grow personally and financially AND are willing to put in the work. The management and peers that became my family at Connect challenged me to tap into my potential more than any "Job" I've ever had. I was excited about working with their clientele but had no idea how rewarding the experience would be. Im surprised to see negative reviews on here, but I too saw people come and go in my time there because they just wanted to be complacent and lacked vision or work ethic in my opinion. I am a stronger and wiser professional because of my time there and it has given me a confidence in my own endeavors now that I wouldn't trade for anything. Rachel O'Hara is the best leader of men and women I know. If you have an opportunity and resonate with above average aspiration and like minded people, go for it and give it your all. It's worth every opportunity.

Cons

The hours and personal growth. Only a negative if you don't understand that accomplishing much in less time requires much of you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!