Connect DFW Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Rachel O'Hara

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Business to business is on the entry level side and working events and helping companies achieve solutions to reward their employees is what I do now (in 5 reviews)

• Good experience in door to door sales (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • if door to door sales is not for you, this is a great opportunity but this may not be for you (in 23 reviews)

• It does start off business to business (in 8 reviews)

1. "Really awesome."

Pros

Good work environment. Good team work as everybody is seen as a plus to the company

Cons

Long hours at times in getting the job done and no TGIF

Advice to Management

Constant review of service delivery

2. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Manager of Operations in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager of Operations in Irving, TX

I worked at Connect DFW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Merit based business, upward mobility based on performance of not just yourself, but how well you can train and develop others; so overall team performance. Business works like a sports team, everyone is transparent and will tell you how it is, but also back it up with the appropriate training and support. Fast-paced industry, long hours but is fast-track management.

Cons

If you don't want to put in the hours or work, or are not coachable, this isn't the place for you. You write your own story, that is the only reason you see negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Rachel knows this business and industry from the inside-out. She is very straight-forward, has high expectations, but also knows how to cater to each person in their coaching and learning styles!\.

3. "Gained great experience!"

Former Employee - Account Director in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Director in Irving, TX

I worked at Connect DFW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personally, I was able to grow quickly into a position where I was managing clients and a team. I worked off of one of their compensation plans with a base and reduced commission and that really worked out well for me. The people are great, location is great, and the client perks were definitely awesome.

Cons

For me, just balancing my school schedule with work. I needed more time to excel at both. So I wish I could have done part time.

Advice to Management

More part time opportunities would have benefitted and I'd imagine others in school!

4. "Account Represenative"

I worked at Connect DFW full-time

Pros

enjoyed my time at connect dfw

Cons

hour were sometimes long and unpredictable

5. "Please don’t legitimize this scam by thinking of it as a business."

Pros

Networking” with other cult members.
    Promoting the dream. If you can make reps believe they can succeed in the business, you can milk them until the penny drops.

Cons

Working over ten hours a day, six days a week.
    Selling.
    Attending the daily morning meeting.
    Running their cars into the ground by driving to and from the field and chauffeuring other reps.

Advice to Management

During the interview process and the initial weeks of employment, you’ll be told that an assistant manager will divide his time between the field and office in order learn the inner workings of the business. Unfortunately, there’s nothing to learn because an owner’s main duties are to build dreams (lie) and constantly hire new blood to make up for the never-ending exodus of quitting reps. Besides, if you’ve built a solid crew and are being considered for promotion but don’t understand that this is the business of lying to and stealing from your down-line, you should probably look for something else because you won’t get very far with these people.

Another lie told in many 2nd round interview is that the assistant manager position comes with a base pay of $1,000. They tell you this lie to string you along and make you believe that you’ll eventually see some money for your sacrifice. Please take a moment and think about this logically. Sales is commission and if you’re being earmarked for promotion, there’s a very good chance you’re the best rep in the office. Do you honestly believe an owner is going to pull his best guy out of the field only to lose the commission generated by that rep while paying $1,000 out of his pocket? I never saw it happen and when I was promoted, it was straight to ownership with no office training and certainly no base pay. Best advice to this management team is to pack up because they will be shut down.

6. "Outstanding Culture!"

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time

Pros

I've been working with the firm for a few months now, and I can quite honestly say that I've never worked anywhere where the culture was so fast-paced and motivating. Everyone who works with the firm isn't there because they HAVE to be there; but because they genuinely to WANT be there. Everyone wants you to succeed in every way possible way, and having our CEO Rachel O'Hara working side by side with us to achieve not only our professional goals but also our personal goals is something I've never had working anywhere else!

Cons

The work involved is not for those who are easily intimidated by a challenge! You have to be able to get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself to achieve your goals. No "cons".

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and challenge everyone who walks in that door as you have been doing for so many years!

7. "Marketing, Sales, and Event Planning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Connect DFW for almost a year and been able to witness some amazing things. Our company expanded to two new states and I witnessed someone start an entry level position with us and within less than six months, she was promoted to management. I have seen huge clients like the Texas Rangers and Dallas Mavericks depend on our services to help increase revenue for them and watched them benefit tremendously from Connect DFW. Most importantly, I have seen myself be pushed out of my comfort zone to accomplish goals I never thought I would. I have been able to travel to other states and speak with some of the most amazing people, who genuinely care about my future and want to network with me weekly to help me maintain my goals in order to grow with Connect DFW. Yes, sometimes you have to be willing to do the grunt work for the business, but tell me what owner of a business didn't roll their sleeves up to become successful?

Cons

None of this is easy! Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone is a must with this company. You have to have the mentality that setting goals for yourself is a standard and not an option. You must be willing to go the extra mile to get ahead or you will watch people pass you by, and that is never a good feeling. It can be a bit overwhelming, especially to someone who is just starting their career, but honestly you learn to push yourself in ways you never thought you could. I know that isn't much of a "con" but hard work isn't for everyone.

"If Soliciting Business to Business is for you, go ahead and give it a shot"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Connect DFW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team was very friendly. Very energetic and looked nice. Definitely knew how to sale this position to make it seem like it was worth it.

Cons

This is straight up soliciting. No matter how they try to dress it up in fancy words, that is exactly what it is. I quit my full time job with benefits to give this position a shot. They even had me fooled because they asked me for my salary requirements. They do not offer gas reimbursement, but expect you to travel within an 100 mile radius each day to sale Sport packages. We were sneaking into different stores break rooms, lying to people saying that it was a customer appreciation package that they didn't want to miss out on. They could have at least told us that we would be walking all day so I could have put on tennis-shoes. However, I was sweating out my business clothes walking for miles in some oxfords. Needless to say, I did not go back. They make it sound real good saying that you can move up to management fast, but you will still be going business to business like everyone else.

Advice to Management

Stop selling these lies to people. It seems like a pyramid scheme.

9. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity is there! This job requires determined, hard-working and inspired individuals. If you want to be your own boss, be in charge of your own success, and have the freedom a desk job won't get you, then this is the place! You have to understand why you're here everyday, you can't expect success to be handed to you.

Cons

It's long hours for a short period of time and there's a lot of walking.

10. "Sales"

I worked at Connect DFW full-time

Pros

Fun environment with a young group of folks to work it.

Cons

Door to door, all manual paperwork, no computer use.