Crown Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Crown Partners CEO and Managing Director Richard Hearn
Richard Hearn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "thumbs up"

I worked at Crown Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very google like atmosphere. lots of space and autonomy. top management very approachable. definite team environment.

Cons

after the buyout, felt like a bigger company

2. "GC"

Current Employee - Alabama in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Alabama in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Crown Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

happy and fun place to be; fulfilling job; exciting opportunities for growth; good work-life balance

Cons

there has been some senior management turnover in the last two years which has been challenging

Advice to Management

continue to focus on team building and morale as we move to the next product type and next generation of management

3. "Business Analyst Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great culture, and awesome people to work with. They promote personal growth with in all of their employees. They gave me tons of responsibility right from the start, and was able to learn a ton in a short amount of time.

Cons

There were no cons about working here, everything was great.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward, and encouraging growth.

4. "Lose all the VPs and above there is a good core to build with"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant

Pros

Smart team of consultants and analysts motivated and driven do do a good job,

Cons

Cannot close deals, cannot retain clients.....Recipe for disaster and everyone knows it.
    "Leadership" abandons the team on the street. Classic example of a start up that now has no idea how to run a larger business unit.
    Lots of VPs who get nothing done other than "hanging with the CEO at 4am at Crown Camp"
    Friday company meeting that no one really pays attention to because the message has no teeth
    Hire people into "lead" positions that cannot use basic MS Office tools

Advice to Management

Time for Razorfish Global/Publicis to cut of the head and stem the death by a thousand cuts.

"Very questionable work ethics and morals. They will lie to their clients."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Crown Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work hard and play hard and that is fun, but when you get to the point where you cannot trust your peers or your boss; it is no longer fun.

Cons

They wanted me to falsify my resume that was submitted to clients and then back it up in an interview. They wanted me to say I had a year + experience with a certain type of software, when, in fact, I only had one week. Then in the interview with a potential client, they could tell I did not have the experience as stated in the resume. Very embarrassing.
    Managers do not see their employees as employees, they see them as a tool for them to make money. They do not cultivate their employees. They do not provide feedback until it is too far gone.

Advice to Management

Help your employees grow. Provide feedback on a regular basis. If you have a problem with an employee, don't wait six months to bring it to their attention.

6. "Amazing company, awesome coworkers!"

I have been working at Crown Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to voice your opinion, flexibility on working hours, great benefits, great vacation policy, company is working with some big name companies!! Pays their employees market rate.

Cons

we need new carpet and paint in our Dayton office :)

"A true work hard, play hard mentality"

I have been working at Crown Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is really cool with cutting edge technologies. You can learn a lot from the people around you and work with project teams made up of people from all over the country. Some of the most talented and driven people in the space. The ability to work remote when not needed at a client site is a huge perk. The reputation of the firm with 100% client referenceability is commendable. If you are a sef-starter, you'll do well here.

Cons

There isn't a lot of hand-holding. You'll have to take initiative to continue to learn new things and can't ever put it on auto-pilot. I thrive on that but it's not for everyone. It's hard work but fulfilling when you see how it makes a difference in the bigger picture.
    Fast-growth has led to some chaos but also abundant opportunities.

Advice to Management

Remember to value your resources. They are what got you here and showing appreciation is key. Senior leadership needs to continue to solicit feedback from those in the trenches. The approach of every colleague has a voice is what has made the company as great as it is today. Don't lose sight of that as the growth continues.

8. "Great culture, diversity in work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Crown Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in schedule, many opportunities to grow, great culture and people. Diversity in work is also a plus, being able to work on many projects allows for so much experience and deeper hands on learning.

Cons

With any consultancy job there are times where schedules can get overloaded and stressful, but that has been one of the only difficult things to juggle.

"Not good."

I worked at Crown Partners full-time

Pros

-All the lies that they tell when you accept the job offer make it sound like a dream job- so I guess the Pro's would be the ignorant bliss I lived in for the first couple of months.
    -Another pro would be that I have learned what exactly I don't want in my next role.
    -Can be a great job if you are billable or if you work under the right people- there are some nice managers.

Cons

-Poor compensation- non competitive salaries
    -Office politics and management plays favorites.
    -You need to run around and act like you are insanely busy otherwise people won't think you actually work.
    -Your work doesn't speak for itself you must play up to managers, be involved in office politics and not only work but make a very big debacle of you working. FYI being busy doesn't equal productivity.
    -When they hire you they tout the company as very relaxed and laid back. They state you can work remote whenever needed and they also state that all that matters is that you get your job done and that you do it well otherwise they don't really care what hours you keep etc. BE ADVISED this only applies to billable roles, if you are non billable you do not have that freedom. For some reason though they tell all new hires that- they should be honest and quit misleading employees in that regard.
    -No clearly defined career path.
    -Vacation policy is a joke. Crown touts that they have a "No vacation, vacation policy" basically saying as long as your boss is cool with it you can take vacation whenever you want. Here's the best part- your boss is NEVER cool with it- unless you are billable. Or unless you are working under a manager who is nice and understanding. If you work under someone who is on a power trip then forget about it. Enjoy your two weeks while watching them take however much time they need off.
    -Non-inspiring leadership.
    -Company doesn't value employees- high turnover.

Advice to Management

Set everyone up on a level playing field.
    Value your employees- a little appreciation goes a long way.
    Stop allowing a select few people get to enjoy all the benefits while the rest of the peasants are forced to watch all the fun events you are partaking in while we have to slave away and actually work.
    Stop allowing office politics and stop having favorites
    Stop putting people in management positions and allowing them to manage other people when they are obviously poor leaders and unable to manage other people.
    Stop lying to all your new hires and touting the company as something that is not.
    You need to fire several people from the executive team that are inefficient and are single handedly making the company a failure.

"Fast-paced, engaging and sometime chaotic place to work."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Crown Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work from home or office (half the company is distributed), willing to compensate top performers, sensible bonus structure, high-profile clients and interesting projects.

Cons

Crown is a sales-driven company, so more is invested in the sales and marketing side of the company than development. High utilization rates are valued more than life/work balance. Many projects are managed poorly and poor planning is laid on the backs of developers. Crown's quick growth has led to lots of great projects, but lots of chaos as well.

Advice to Management

Focus on executing projects well by hiring experienced PM talent. Hire passionate developers and give them the freedom (and time) to invest in mastering their craft.