Cutter & Buck Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Renton DC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team environment. I have been here over 10 years and with the exception of the 2009 recession it seems to get better every year. Good benefits with over 4 weeks paid time off plus most holidays.

Cons

Hourly pay isn't the best but there is an incentive and we often earn $1.50+ more.

Advice to Management

Love that the CEO comes to the DC quarterly to discuss the company.

2. "A great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been at C&B for over ten years, and I consider myself lucky to work with fantastic teams and supportive management. Cutter & Buck promotes the growth of its employees professionally and personally in a positive, nurturing environment, where everyone matters. We work hard, and we have fun!

Cons

Sometimes the view of Elliott Bay is distracting.

3. "Focused company with incredible upside and market growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cutter & Buck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team atmosphere with a collaborative, growth mindset concentrated leadership team!

Cons

So far, so perfect at Cutter & Buck

Advice to Management

None

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company paid ORCA pass was a plus. Not a lot of required OT.

Cons

Constant internal roadblocks and separation of departments. Lack of promotion and raise opportunities. Lost many talented and long-time employees due to poor pay, benefits, and growth potential. Downward spiral moral. Lack of trust within the company. Disconnect with parent company (New Wave Group). Felt like a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you can compete with the big boys like Nike. That isn't your niche. Focus on what you can do and be excellent at that. Treat your employees like they matter, not just another body at a desk.

"Constant Struggle"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is good health coverage, they cover your ORCA card. The Corporate HQ is in a beautiful location. I found there was a lot of flexibility for the hourly employees to adjust their schedule if necessary, making it easier to leave early or come in earlier or later.

Cons

There is no cohesiveness between teams and no attempt to change that. No one communicates ideas clearly between departments and any requested feedback from Customer Service regarding the website, the catalogs or decoration is completely ignored, despite the constant complaints and feedback received from customers. The systems are outdated and while management pushes CS to strive to be better than (or even comparable to) our competition, they are unwilling to provide the tools necessary to truly make that happen and instead tell CS that they just need to work harder. A frustrating cycle that leaves the morale in CS very low.
    Additionally there is little internal communication about opportunities to move up, so long time employees often don't get the chance to advance their careers.

Advice to Management

Make a commitment to do what you say you will. If you are going to update the systems, update them. If you want to improve customer service, and the customer experience then actually take the necessary steps to allow your employees to make that happen.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company and Team to work with. Understanding of work/life balance. Great setting and tools need to complete job are readily available. A great company to work for

Cons

advancement opportunities are a bit limited, but really this is not a fault of the company but a really a limit of what is needed by the company

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing, just remember when making promises to employees within a timeline to stay within that timeline if possible

7. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

now there are nice people, major improvement over founding executives

Cons

Not able/willing to give open and honest feedback to employees. Expectations are not communicated.

Advice to Management

Be professional, compassionate and direct with employees needing improvement. It will make the whole place run better.

"Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for CB for about 1.5 years and have had a rewarding experience. I am proud to tell people where I work. The level of caring and commitment to the employees is above and beyond. There have been a lot of changes in the last year most of which have been positive and well received. The new CEO Joel Freet has brought fresh energy, perspective and growth. Excellent benefits and work environment. I look forward to continuing my career at Cutter & Buck.

Cons

My commute... I live quite a distance away and the ORCA card which CB provides free of charge to each employee does not benefit my personal situation. The wage scale has been a bit stagnant but that is changing.

Advice to Management

Continue viewing your employees has your most valuable asset.

9. "Good environment"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture, morale events, nice office and location. Great work/life balance. Never took work home, standard hours. Company fairly generous with paid holidays (Thanksgiving is guaranteed 4 day weekend every year).

Cons

Compensation is low for the positions across the board. Impression that company is penny-pinching.

10. "Designer"

Former Employee - Designer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cutter & Buck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a lot of OT. Good work-life balance. Most employee have nice sized offices with windows. Located in a cool neighborhood and close to downtown Seattle.

Cons

Low morale with employees hiding in their offices to make it through the day. Sacrificing quality of product for higher margins. Management out of touch with reality. Raises are very low, if at all.