KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dataminr Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2022

Found 232 of over 258 reviews

3.9
Dataminr Founder & CEO Ted Bailey (no image)
Ted Bailey

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dataminr and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee
    Featured Review

Best work experience of my career

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, opportunities to learn and culture are amazing.

Cons

None that I can think of. I left for personal reasons.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Review

Jun 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and career opportunities

Cons

Nothing comes to mind now.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Very good

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good pay

Cons

Not big space for the career

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Good Start

Apr 13, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a small but growing company that mainly focuses on contracts for public organizations such as the DoD. I would suggest working here for a few years and then jumping ship to another company. That is if you are looking for upward movement. If not, then this is a good company to work at for a long period.

Cons

No upward movement which is not a problem if you do not care.

Chief People Officer

While we respect everyone’s views and experiences, the notion that we mainly focus on the public sector is simply not true. Dataminr enables faster response, more effective risk mitigation, and stronger crisis management for both public and private sector organizations that span global corporations, first responders, NGOs, and newsrooms. In fact, Dataminr Pulse, our corporate risk product, is used by more than two-thirds of the Fortune 50 and half of the Fortune 100. As for upward mobility, we not only encourage employees to take ownership of their progression, but we also support our people through that journey with professional development funds, growth frameworks that both themselves and their managers feed into, and access to professional mentorship and management programs geared toward growth within the company. None of these programs are mandatory, but they are available for employees to opt into. If interested, I’d like to connect to get a better understanding of the roots of your feedback.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stay far, far, far away. Terrible.

Mar 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Any job is amazing after this one.

Cons

CEO is nowhere to be found. A sweat shop. Everything is urgent. No time to ever eat lunch or take breaks. They will tell you to make sure to take breaks but then continue to ask for 100 urgent items. Terrible and mean leadership. Just not nice and most people I worked with were miserable and only staying there because of a certain person. I assume there will be a mass exodus upon bonuses. Want to go on PTO? You won't be able to because every meeting is urgent and you'll have to go even when you are OOO. Gross.

8 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

I'm disappointed to learn of your experience. I always appreciate employees sharing their perspectives. We provide many opportunities for employees to share their individual experiences, and encourage them to use their voice so that they can effect meaningful change. A perfect example of this is our expanded mental health benefits, increased investment in leadership training and management programs, as well as new, more expansive employee resource groups. We pride ourselves on curating safe spaces for our global team, and encourage people managers to have open dialogue with their team about their evolving needs. If you’re open to it, I would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience and discuss the best path forward for all.

6. 5.0

FP

May 9, 2022 - Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Super interview process

Cons

No cons to mention. . .

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

May 8, 2022 - Customer Success Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working remote is a nice plus

Cons

No cons for the role

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great product, poor leadership

Apr 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredibly impactful product that motivates employees to do more -Solid benefits package, especially the very affordable health care options -

Cons

-Inexperienced managers who pretend to be leaders -Horrendous transparency issues where nothing is communicated to the lowest levels -Stagnant promotions opportunities which is incongruent with startup culture

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to submit a review. If you’re open to it, I’d welcome a real-time conversation so that I can more deeply understand your experience and we can discuss some of our manager leadership programs and manager/people promotion statistics. Until then, here’s a bit of information I can offer: All people managers are enrolled in our Manager Development Program. We provide instructor-led training and a variety of resources to help grow and develop our managers. Topics explored in these trainings include Giving Effective Feedback, Crucial Conversations, and Interview training. Additionally, we’re soon launching a specialized training that further refines leadership interview skills in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion. It’s important to us that our training is reflective of the needs of the organization, our managers, and, of course, our employee base. Beyond managerial programming, we also provide all employees with access to LinkedIn Learning. You mentioned stagnant promotions, so I’d like to offer some transparency on that. In our most recent review process, 20% of our employees across the entire organization were promoted, and this has been consistent over the last year of review processes. I believe this is reflective of our investment into internal upward mobility and the continuous learning provided to both our employees and people manager population. Thank you again for your feedback. Providing an exceptional employee experience is core to executing on our company values. I am happy that you find our products and service motivating, and our healthcare and broader benefits package to be solid. I look forward to hearing from you so we can continue this conversation.

9. 5.0

Workplace

Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a great work environment.

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

10. 5.0

Excellent Company

Mar 16, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is above average, the team overall is filled with tenured and seasoned intelligent people, and they are on a trajectory to grow exponentially.

Cons

None that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 232 Reviews

Dataminr Reviews FAQs

Dataminr has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 258 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Dataminr to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dataminr employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dataminr. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

74% of Dataminr employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dataminr 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dataminr to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Dataminr Job Seekers