Diligent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Brian Stafford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Everyone is very friendly around the office, hard working and cares about you (in 4 reviews)

Cons

"Relaxed Environment, Leader in its Space"

Current Employee - Junior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work life balance (you're never going to be in the office at 8:00 PM), great benefits (unlimited PTO), management is never breathing down my neck. A fairly large global organization, but all the upper management is still very approachable and you get the sense that everyone knows one another. From what I've seen, every role carries growth potential, and the company is open to existing employees switching departments if they would like. Unlike some other tech companies, Diligent doesn't try and indoctrinate its employees into believing that we are on some righteous journey and changing the world. I have never felt as if I need to drink any form of "Kool-Aid."

Cons

Commission structuring is a bit opaque - it would be nice to have a standard document that outlines percentages, figures, etc. Also, it sometimes appears that R & D is preoccupied with developing new products rather than investing to make existing products more robust. Also, the heating and A/C system in the NYC office isn't very good (freezing in the winter, stifling in the summer).

"Your input is valued"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Diligent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I come to work and interact with a lot of smart and supportive individuals. The management encourages you to learn from your teamand share your success and concerns. I never felt that my input did not matter. I also do not see the 'dead-weight' around. If you work(ed) in a technology role in one of large corporations you know what I mean.. You will be expected to contribute and rewarded according to your results. It is a larger company that still believes in value of personal drive and entrepreneurship in the attitude of their employees. Great benefits and work/life balance.

Cons

If you work with team in NZ office your schedule will include later p.m. calls on some days.

Advice to Management

Plan/encourage more frequent in-person meetings for distributed product teams.

"The best place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Tax Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax Director in New York, NY

I worked at Diligent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome and the culture positive , energetic and optimistic. The management team is focused and executes with precision.

Cons

Recent move of finance functions to Arlington VA forces employees to make difficult decisions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Opportunity to prove yourself in a fun, fast-paced, well-motivated environment"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Diligent are very intelligent and fun, and they expect a lot of themselves and their team members. I feel very motivated to bring my A game to work every day. Middle management/Directors are team-players for the most part which contributes to a collaborative work environment. Management wants to give you the tools to succeed. Great culture with lots of opportunities to prove your worth and grow as an employee.

Cons

There has been a bit of confusion and shuffling due to acquisitions and internal changes. This has made some roles and responsibilities unclear which has made some day-to-day activities more difficult. Management seems to be taking action to resolve this.

Advice to Management

Sometimes replacing headcount is more effective than adding headcount.

"Great Culture, Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative and inclusive culture.
    Lots of diversity in the company.
    Company on a very clear growth track and performing really strongly.
    Positive vibe around the office -- both for the track that we're on, but also because of the leadership team and how accessible they are to the staff.
    Great products which are loved by clients.
    Market leader in the space we operate.
    Hard-working environment but there is a mature and flexible attitude to things like time off, needing to be out of the office for personal appointments, picking up kids etc. Good desktop situation allows you to log in from home quite easily.
    Feels like a company which is changing and growing quickly - in a positive way.

Cons

Growing so fast we're running out of office space.
    Lots of integration happening which in some cases has meant some uncertainty for some teams but probably an unavoidable situation in most cases and things are being resolved quickly I think.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating (as has been the case to date) with staff across the board on the integration and growth plans to help keep everyone clear. This has been done quite well to date.

"Tons of opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome, collaborative culture. A lot of partnering between various teams and a real pleasure to work with intelligent, motivated people.

Cons

It's been super busy this year, but then again we're growing

Advice to Management

N/A

"Major Morale & Leadership Issues"

I have been working at Diligent full-time

Pros

Life in the CS Department is pretty consistent. People come in, do their work and leave. It's a good work/life balance.

Cons

There are several.
    1. The US SCSD is on a power trip and takes micro managing to an extreme.
    2. Upper management isn't so concerned with lower level employees and how the department is run so long as money is being made. While CS isn't usually driven by sales, the bottom line is paramount and is a driving factor in each and every meeting.
    3. Commission compensation tends to change and is back dated and not for the better.
    4. Morale in the company has declined. It's not as employee-minded as it had been before.

Advice to Management

The core of the problem in the CS department is the morale. That needs to be rectified first and foremost. Also, it would be nice to understand what is important to management and conveyed properly. They do a lot of talk - in fact too many meetings - but not a lot of action.

"Exciting time for a great company"

I have been working at Diligent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive, innovative work environment
    Freedom to expand your role and take on new tasks
    Exciting growth period
    Smart, driven coworkers
    Great perks

Cons

Nothing of note to add

Advice to Management

Continue to scale wisely. Take advantage of current business climate to drive opportunities for innovation and smart growth. Continue fostering the current work environment and work/life balance to keep good people and attract top talent.

"Contracted PMO Team left in the dark, intentionally."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Could really be a great place to work if the organization stopped ignoring the incompetence of Directors and Managers.

Cons

Diligent hired implemented a new process to track projects, resources and progress within multiple departments. Several teams decided to cancel or falsely report projects as complete to keep them off the radar as progress is reported weekly to stakeholders. Several departments, decided to use their own project tracking cloud solution for projects canceled and active to circumvent the established project reporting and accountability process. Further, teams were directed to meet weekly prior to reporting to reporting project updates and ordered that absolutely under no cicrumstances are any status reports to be submitted without prior authorization. This controlled the flow of information to the team responsible for tracking projects and resources as well as the information received and reported to stakeholders. When a team member questioned this practice, all of that team members projects were put back onto the project tracker and reported as grossly overdue.

Advice to Management

This kind of dishonesty is just one example, by several departments that is consistently rewarded because Stakeholders are completely in the dark about what is really going on.

"You are losing talent!"

I worked at Diligent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers and talented people

Cons

Diligent is losing some of the most brilliant employees because of bad managing decisions, that can be truly demoralizing.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to the voices of your employees and set a clear career path for them.