Direct Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Deborah Bruno
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Learn the industry and Get a Career"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Direct Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have little or no experience, this company will give you a chance and an opportunity to learn the industry of recruiting and if you good, ultimately a career in this industry. When you are hired, you are told they are not highest paying, however the experience is more valuable. This is true. If you interview and you do not have questions written, did not bring a resume or take out your cell phone, then most likely your interview will end in about 15 minutes. Any small company has its + and -, either way you learn a lot. I read some of the past reviews and yes the training is very tough but face it not everyone can do this role. We run a very fast pace environment. The average tenure for someone out of college is about 3 years, so something must be right there. Get your experience here and use this as a springboard to a larger role, if that is what you want. Not may companies of this size will tell you that. If you go on LinkedIn and see the people who stayed the longest, you will see the career path - quite impressive. The ones that did not last is because they could not do the role and this industry is just not for everyone.

Cons

The pay could be higher but again, the experience you learn - more than increased my worth in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Delegate more.

2. "The truth about DSR"

I worked at Direct Sales full-time

Pros

Great for someone under 30 - you learn a lot about recruiting in terms of job boards, sales skill etc.

Cons

The "Trainer" is very rude and very unprofessional. She creates an extremely unpleasant atmosphere and is just awful. She is not approachable at all.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the trainer. Pay people a little more and be more flexible with hours.

3. "Direct Sales."

Current Employee - Direct Sales
    Current Employee - Direct Sales

I have been working at Direct Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good if your right out of school and do not know any better

Cons

If you like working in a toxic environment with kids and office politics this job is for you. Experiences sales people stay away. Tag line is "We are working to be the most admired company. They are far form it. This is a customer service job and look down upon by the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. spending money on new sales tools in investing in you business. You pay scales are poor at best and new hires are making more that Sales rep III's.

4. "Entrepreneurship is the new Retirement Plan"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Direct Sales (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom, unlimited earning potential, travel, change lives

Cons

There are no cons working for yourself

Advice to Management

Work harder on yourself than you do for other people

5. "Good Place to Start, Great for Seasoned Recruiter who want to make money"

Current Employee - President in Stirling, NJ
    Current Employee - President in Stirling, NJ

Pros

Casual Dress environment, ability to work on accounts and commissions are handed to Recruiters.
    We have team building once a month and Recruiter of the month. Each year we have year end awards. We are extremely busy and most the account manager who work hard are ensured they will earn commissions due to how much work we have. IT is a very fun place to work and we laugh alot.

Cons

If you want to be a Manager and Run a Departments, this is not the place for you.

We are a small firm and we work very hard. Entry level recruiters are taught how to recruit for candidates and spend time learning about the clients. When anyone joins DSR, I very honest with those that come that is not a lot of growth opportunity as we are a very small boutique firm, so if you are looking to get promoted up the ranks, this is not the place for you.

"Good place for entry level recruiters or college grads, but not the place for a long term career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stirling, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stirling, NJ

Pros

This is a good place for college grads to start a career. There is a salary and benefits. You will learn about many different types of businesses and what employers look for in employees.

Cons

There is no room for growth. Very small company, if the owner does not collect, you do not get paid. There is favoritism. 100% of full time employees are women, many fresh out of college, which causes a gossiping, cliques and immaturity. No room for opinions or thinking outside of the box.

Advice to Management

Provide your employees with training. Recent college grads with no business experience are expected to sell, with no direction in how to do so. Provide more incentive for your employees to work hard. Recognize your top performers.