Direct Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Direct Sales Reviews

Updated March 7, 2017

3.1
Deborah Bruno

1. "Entrepreneurship is the new Retirement Plan"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Direct Sales (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom, unlimited earning potential, travel, change lives

Cons

There are no cons working for yourself

Advice to Management

Work harder on yourself than you do for other people

2. "Direct Sales."

Current Employee - Direct Sales
    Current Employee - Direct Sales

I have been working at Direct Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good if your right out of school and do not know any better

Cons

If you like working in a toxic environment with kids and office politics this job is for you. Experiences sales people stay away. Tag line is "We are working to be the most admired company. They are far form it. This is a customer service job and look down upon by the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. spending money on new sales tools in investing in you business. You pay scales are poor at best and new hires are making more that Sales rep III's.

3. "Good Place to Start, Great for Seasoned Recruiter who want to make money"

Current Employee - President in Stirling, NJ
    Current Employee - President in Stirling, NJ

Pros

Casual Dress environment, ability to work on accounts and commissions are handed to Recruiters.
    We have team building once a month and Recruiter of the month. Each year we have year end awards. We are extremely busy and most the account manager who work hard are ensured they will earn commissions due to how much work we have. IT is a very fun place to work and we laugh alot.

Cons

If you want to be a Manager and Run a Departments, this is not the place for you.

We are a small firm and we work very hard. Entry level recruiters are taught how to recruit for candidates and spend time learning about the clients. When anyone joins DSR, I very honest with those that come that is not a lot of growth opportunity as we are a very small boutique firm, so if you are looking to get promoted up the ranks, this is not the place for you.

"Good place for entry level recruiters or college grads, but not the place for a long term career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stirling, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stirling, NJ

Pros

This is a good place for college grads to start a career. There is a salary and benefits. You will learn about many different types of businesses and what employers look for in employees.

Cons

There is no room for growth. Very small company, if the owner does not collect, you do not get paid. There is favoritism. 100% of full time employees are women, many fresh out of college, which causes a gossiping, cliques and immaturity. No room for opinions or thinking outside of the box.

Advice to Management

Provide your employees with training. Recent college grads with no business experience are expected to sell, with no direction in how to do so. Provide more incentive for your employees to work hard. Recognize your top performers.