Found 1,468 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
Patient Care Technician
Healthcare jobs are not what they used to be. Mental illness is at an all time high and Covid are major factors. I tried switching to day shift this year from night shift for years and I don’t see how y’all do it. Caffeine is the most popular drug. I will be going back to nights where I belong. I wish y’all the best of luck!
Today was frustrating. Our pumps keep breaking, couldn't find one, seriously was counting gtt to get a pt their meds going. That was one of those med-math lessons in nursing School I never thought I'd actually use. Computers weren't working. Epic kept freezing. Today technology sucked. 👎👎. But tomorrow is Sunday..so I'm going to bed and praying tomorrow is better.
Got a burning question about Duke Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Duke Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and is one of the rare employers that still offers a pension." (in 211 reviews)
- "Great people and wonderful to work with" (in 53 reviews)
- "coworkers were great and loved going to work!" (in 40 reviews)
- "Good work life balance." (in 27 reviews)
- "Flexibility in day to day work and friendly staff" (in 22 reviews)
- "Pay increases are low and pay is low even if you are a nurse" (in 165 reviews)
- "Not flexible Salary is low" (in 47 reviews)
- "Everybody says this about every organization, but the poor management and high turnover runs rampant here" (in 46 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive and inconvenient" (in 41 reviews)
- "leadership from most senior to the middle ranks needs to cultivate an atmosphere where communications" (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Duke Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWAug 12, 2023Registered NurseFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsDurham, NC
I worked at Duke for over 10 years such a great place to work.
No cons to working there.Duke Health Response7d
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Duke Health. We are so glad to hear you have enjoyed your last decade with us.
Duke Health Reviews FAQs
Duke Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,529 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Duke Health to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
67% of Duke Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Duke Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.