Edelman Financial Engines Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

3.1
Edelman Financial Engines President & CEO Larry M. Raffone
Larry M. Raffone
Pros
  • "Understands the concept of work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "You can work for a great company but have horrible co workers and that ruins everything for you(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Planners/advisors are not the cream of the crop(in 15 reviews)

• "Although Edelman Financial Engines strives to be transparent with their employees a lot of times they lack communication(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Investment Advisor Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can work for a great company but have horrible co workers and that ruins everything for you. Here at Edelman you don’t only have a great company but you have even better co workers that make coming to work a lot of fun and very fulfilling. This is a place that actually cares about people.

Cons

There sometimes are moments in the day that get slow.

September 25, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! We’re thrilled to have you on our team, because it’s people like you who make Edelman Financial Engines a great place to work!

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Planner in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Edelman Financial Engines full-time

Pros

I had a Supportive Manager

Cons

Work Life Balance is challenging

January 12, 2021Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience at Edelman Financial Engines! Your feedback will help us continue to improve for the future.

"Great people, great benefits, lack of leadership"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are for the most part really great to work with and the culture is awesome. The benefits and salary are mostly competitive with other tech firms. Most people end up staying a long time.

Cons

Lots of layoffs, leadership can be shaky at times.

"Work Horse"

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Job Security, Relationship Building and Industry Knowledge

Cons

Micromanagement, Lack of Transparency, Constantly Changing the Rules

January 13, 2021Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as it helps us continue to improve for the future. We also encourage you to share direct feedback with your manager, HR business partner or HumanResources@edelmanfinancialengines.com.

5. "IT REVIE"

I have been working at Edelman Financial Engines full-time

Pros

I love everything about working here.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say here.

December 28, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We’re happy to have you on our team here at Edelman Financial Engines!

"Becoming What We All Feared!!!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-My immediate co-workers and supervisors are fantastic. Wonderful mentor opportunities in my experience - but I worked with truly exceptional people who cared about me. In turn, I was loyal to them. Not all in my position had the same opportunities - I was very lucky! -Solid pay and benefits - better than average. -A solid planning process - one face one voice. Consistent philosophy within the company so clients know what to expect. -Strong lead generation with Ric's national radio program, best selling books, and national advertising. Leads get screened before you get them so you don't have to spend time prospecting.

Cons

-We were purchased by a private equity firm and things are spiraling out of control quickly. Prior to our purchase and merger, we never had layoffs, sales goals, or pressure from management to hit numbers. That all changed! It takes the focus away from our clients. Now it's all about gathering assets. Growth goals we need to hit to justify our valuation are not reasonable. -Much slower career development compared to the competition. My career would have been leaps and bounds ahead of where it is now if I had gone to work for a competitor. I feel I wasted a large portion of my working career here. Many of my colleagues moved on to other firms and they are well ahead of me now. I wasted years hoping I would get promoted here and it still has not happened despite excelling in every respect. -Becoming uncompetitive - management fee begins at a hefty 1.75%. I felt this was justified a few years ago. Now planning teams only have the resources to deliver the services you typically get with a robo advisor charging about 1/8 of that fee. Fees don't justify the services we provide.

Continue reading

January 13, 2021Internal Communications Manager

As we began our journey as Edelman Financial Engines a few years ago, our focus on our clients and the unique services we deliver haven’t wavered – we help millions of hardworking Americans move their financial lives forward. And as a company, we strive to foster a workplace that gives employees the development opportunities to grow their long-lasting careers with us while being compensated fairly and competitively, because without our team of hardworking individuals who live our values and support our clients, we wouldn’t be where we are today. While we’re disappointed that you are feeling this way, we appreciate your feedback and encourage you to share direct feedback with your manager, HR business partner or HumanResources@edelmanfinancialengines.com, so they can help improve your time here with us.

7. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful opportunity to service clients in a meaningful way

Cons

Nothing that i can think of

December 3, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all that you do to help our clients! It’s colleagues like you, who make Edelman Financial Engines a great place to work.

"bought and sold a few times, super corporate structure now."

Former Employee - Client Discovery Team in St. George, UT

I worked at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good enough health benefits( got worse every time they were bought out )

Cons

corporate structure made me feel like i was a number, no room to grow within the company, culture died with all the times it was bought and sold.

October 12, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Edelman Financial Engines. As we continue to grow, we’re committed to helping our employees grow their long-lasting careers with us and ensuring they have the health benefits needed to care for themselves and their families. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us continue to improve our employee experience.

"very little return on investment"

Former Employee - Digital Lead Coordinator

I worked at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for more than a year

Pros

great flexibility. lots of time off

Cons

never were straight forward with how much our department made for the company. so they woulndt have to change the pay structure

October 5, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience at Edelman Financial Engines. Our employees are our best asset – it’s why we’re committed to compensating them fairly and giving them the flexibility and time off needed to relax and recharge. We appreciate your feedback, and we’ll bring it back to the team to help us continue to improve our employee experience.

"Stay away for your own good!"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Edelman Financial Engines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule was typical 9-5 Monday to Friday.

Cons

Conservative non diverse financial firm where the role of CSA is pretty much as high as you can go if your plan isn't to be a financial planner. Felt very "cult like" as it seems the owner/ founder brainwashes employees into what seems like worship and only believe in his vision. He forces his publications, broadcasts etc on employees I guess to buy into the "hype". Try to coerce administrative staff by providing weird free snacks that very few people actually enjoy and a free birthday lunch of your choice. I suppose that's the thanks you get. The work of a CSA is tedious and it seems the way they create more work is by having 10 steps to complete a task that in other firms would probably be done in 2 steps. Systems are out of date compared to industry standards. HR and management is a joke. They can't even explain benefit offerings if you contact them, nor do they have clear understanding of their own company policies and procedures. Any concerns you take to HR end in the conversation and no follow up action. Health insurance is awful!! You pay for everything out of pocket no matter which plan you choose, so if you have medical needs this is something to really think about. Don't count on them to explain it to you either. Call the insurance providing company itself for accurate information. Locations are all outside accessible areas for commuters, which speaks volumes about their culture as a whole. Your overall success at this company depends on whether a planner likes you or not basically - which most of them being conservatives aren't open to new energy. Look elsewhere if your plan is to progress in financial services. Please HR don't respond with the "we do our best" blah blah blah that you keep responding with to all reviews. Btw they dont hold your securities licenses! .

Continue reading

October 19, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at Edelman Financial Engines. As a company, we are committed to supporting our employees both through fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce and workplace and by providing development opportunities so our employees can build lasting careers with us. We also strive to offer employees not only the health benefits they need to care for themselves and their families, but also fun office perks like snacks, celebratory lunches and holiday parties to celebrate successes and milestones with their teams. While we’re disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your experience on our team, we want to thank you for your contributions and for supporting our clients during your time with us, and we wish you success in your future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 248 English Reviews