Embedded Resource Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Tim Penick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Team and Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Embedded Resource Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great team of results oriented people who are responsible for making 2016 ERG’s best year ever. Nice office complex in a great location. Early Friday’s are a nice perk. Job order quality is good and usually a healthy flow of orders so we can be successful.

Cons

We do a lot of team events but I’d like to see a greater variety each year.

Advice to Management

Keep adding great people

2. "ERG gives back to its employees unlike any other company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Embedded Resource Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ERG reinvests into its employees more than any other company I have ever worked for. Since they are not publicly responsible to share holders, they share the company profit at a level that promotes high loyalty and close inter-office relationships. Growth opportunities are there for people who want to work hard. Expectations are high but so is compensation. This is the company for those that want to work hard and be the best in the valley. This the company for recruiters who know they want to be recruiters. People that are excelling have selected recruiting and/or account management as their career choice.

Culture is relaxed. People have fun. We play ping pong. We joke. We work. We go to baseball games. We joke some more. We have EPIC Christmas parties.

Cons

Expectations can be high at times but what thing worth doing was ever easy?

If you are not prepared to be on the phone most of the day this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Manage people's individual strengths and weaknesses individually. Blanket policies don't usually work for everyone. Management is hands off when people are doing what they need to do to be successful.

3. "Great place to make money, but not to grow professionally."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I worked at Embedded Resource Group full-time

Pros

This is a great place if you are looking to make money. If you put the work in, the commission plan is very lucrative and you can do very well financially.

The opportunity to work with a great client base and place engineers on exciting projects.

The Owner/President is a great guy who is very well respected in the industry. It helps with sales/recruiting calls by dropping his name!

Cons

Not a lot of room for professional growth. The company has remained at about the same size since about a few years after it was founded. As mentioned in the pros, there is a great financial growth opportunity, but not a lot of professional growth/development.

In my opinion, The Manager is a micro manager who at times can be very moody. This has created an environment where employees often feel like they are "walking on egg shells." He is very passionate and cares a lot about the business, but often times lets the stress get the best of him.

High pressure sales environment that can be very stressful.

Advice to Management

When good employees voice their opinions and present their ideas - listen!

4. "Incredible company!"

Pros

I have worked with ERG for the past 2 years and am still amazed at management's commitment to fostering a great work culture. I always feel supported by our team, and love being able to participate in company events that let us blow off some steam (like go karting, Giants games, paintball competitions, etc).

Cons

It would be nice to work from home occasionally.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Embedded Resource Group Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind and honest review! Our team culture is extremely important to us, so we appreciate the acknowledgement. Thanks!

5. "Best Company I've Worked For!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Embedded Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team here is extremely collaborative and never hesitates to lend a hand or some helpful advice. The professional and motivating environment makes it easy to work through the day and maintain productivity. Management goes above and beyond to show their appreciation of the team; it's a very uplifting feeling to have a support system like that.

Cons

The only real con that I can think of is the 9-6 work schedule. While I have adjusted and am now used to these hours, I find myself much more productive in the morning and would prefer a more flexible schedule.

Advice to Management

Management is great! Extremely interactive and always there to answer questions or help. Additionally, they have managed to make this a fun work environment, while maintaining professionalism.

6. "Positive, Friendly Environment"

Pros

Great people to work with, helpful and positive environment, and employee's happiness seems to be in the management's best interest.

Cons

Not so flexible on the hours

7. "Poor Management!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Embedded Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Nice group of people.
    - Great admin support

Cons

- The glowing reviews on here are obviously fake to make up for the earlier bad ones. They all have the same tone and no criticism which is unrealistic, not true and it’s the reason I wrote this review.
    - Extremely poor leadership. Manager has no direct staffing experience and creates a very stressful environment where you are treated like a number. He is condescending, petty, irrational, micromanaging to the extreme, disrespectful and often hostile to employees.
    - High employee turnover.
    - Commission plan is average at best.
    - Morale sucks because nobody like the manager
    - People are expected to perform at a high level with very little training

Advice to Management

Hire a manager with leadership skills who has proven experience in the staffing industry. Someone who can lead by example, who treats their employees with respect and can teach people the skills they need to be successful. Someone who understands how to help people and how to motivate them. People work harder for appreciation than they do for money.

8. "ERG Review"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Embedded Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with ERG for a couple months now and so far it has been a really great place to work. In your first few weeks, the recruiting leads do a great job of getting you accustomed to the ERG process and making sure you have everything you need in order to be successful and hit the ground running. The recruiting process at ERG allows you to run your own desk and be pretty independent in terms of what to work on each day, which appeals to those who have had unpleasant experiences with micro-management. Not to mention, you get to support and interact with some of the most notable companies in the Silicon Valley, as well as some up-and- coming start-ups. ERG has done a great job of creating a fun and enjoyable culture, which makes showing up to work pleasurable. In addition to all of this, ERG has a very competitive compensation plan that truly rewards you for your hard work.

Cons

More of a con of recruiting/staffing in general than a con of ERG... but you have to be willing to put in the extra mile in order to be successful. This means putting in extra hours by either coming into the office early, taking a short lunch, or staying in the office late when appropriate.

Advice to Management

The management here is great. They care about their employees and work hard to ensure that everyone here is successful and happy.

9. "This is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Embedded Resource Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management has a great deal of experience in this industry and they are more than willing to teach, give advice and offer constructive criticism. There is so much room for growth and they offer competitive wages. The environment here is fast pace, encouraging, motivating and fun. You will definitely work hard but you are rewarded in many ways.

Cons

Be ready to put in 40+ hours per week, just like the rest of the team. 401K is not eligible until you meet the 1 year requirement.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the lines of communication open. The acknowledgement and encouragement that is shown goes a long way and is greatly appreciated. Asking for our opinions and ideas is great to see among management.

10. "Team ERG!"

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Embedded Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ERG is more than a company. Its a family. Management takes pride in making sure staff (internally and externally) is taken care of and truly cares about their employees. From the team environment,to the competitive pay and fully stocked kitchen..I have found my dream job!

Cons

Competitive Industry - can be a pro as well. Makes it fun and challenging.
    Can't contribute to 401K until after a year with ERG.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!