KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 1.0

Corporate Office - Horrible

Jun 20, 2016 - Vice President, Technology in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work of the business is child education. There's a real sense of fulfillment if you can encourage the growth of one child, and working at the CLA corporate office gives you the chance to nurture thousands. The offices are spacious. The office is near Scottsdale Quarter.

Cons

Corporate office culture appears very money focused. No budgeting is done, and approval for every purchase (including paperclips!) comes from owners. Repair and maintenance work at centers is sporadic, at best, based on aforementioned approval. Initial building quality is typically low, as vendors turnover at a high rate, resulting in higher than average repair needs. My role had be interacting with vendors. If your experience matches mine, expect the vendors to complain about slow/no payment. A search on workman's liens and lawsuits will illustrate the frequency of their complaints. You'll be compelled to demand more work for free from vendors, and then cut them off when payment becomes an issue. I also worked with the center management and staff. If your experience is similar, expect tight control over your communication. For example, you'll be directed to cc or bcc the owners/leaders on every email to the center, and you'll regularly hear "they don't need to know that" if you try to socialize ideas. Beyond cash focused, the culture feels demeaning. I heard CEO and President refer to center directors as "dumb", "DBs", as "Fat Susies", and other terms. I was told, and I saw dozens of others being told, that they had to be micromanaged because they "couldn't be trusted" to complete tasks. A refrain I heard from owners was "am I (the CEO or president) the only smart one here?" Everything about the company is designed to extract money first for the CEO and President. They vacation in $20k a month vacation homes in Laguna Beach, they drive Bentleys and Maybachs and AMG Mercedes (because a regular Mercedes is too pedestrian, apparently), and they're slow to pay (or don't pay) bonuses, vendors, or refunds.

Continue reading
    20 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0

Great Company and people

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support, good hours and holidays off.

Cons

Low Pay but that comes with all childcare jobs.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Beautiful to look at in the inside but a lot of things going on in inside

Jan 11, 2022 - Art Teacher in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work for this company for almost two years, I was an art teacher and a floater for teacher lunch breaks. . The best time to work there is summer time, many kids and a ton of staff, so you are able to focus on your class and curriculum. I love decorating the school, this was my favorite part of my position.

Cons

People were constantly quitting and not showing up to work, so I was never in my art room.The school year inconsistent, with staff and reducing hours. You will most likely be asked to work over on some days but asked to leave early before the week is over so you don't get PTO. Beautiful classrooms but the staff never stays long enough for all classes to be filled. Ratio issues.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Children's Learning Adventure.