KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Troubling leadership, toxic culture, inability to deliver

Dec 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great location Competitive pay Amazing co-workers Great mission (though it is not truly delivered as stated, and success stories are oversold) Data science team was amazing

Cons

Toxic mid-level management and C-level leadership who don't seem to care about their employees or what it will take to truly help clients. They have a lot of pretty speeches and silly employee benefits (ping pong & alcohol), but the emotional intelligence, commitment to integrity, and how they value people is some of the worst I've seen at any company. Many products were sold half-baked, implementations took upwards of a year and then rolled out without promised features. Leadership ignored basic huge gaps in delivery and products. They are out of touch with what is really happening on the front lines. None of them seem truly invested in making this thing work--lots of traveling around and giving talks using bad data and flowery vision statements. Managers and leaders got away with truly abhorrent behavior when it came to interpersonal communication and management. Very little transparency, sexism, plenty of broken promises about raises, bonuses, support, etc. No performance reviews, helpful feedback, or ability to develop professionally.

Continue reading
    13 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful company

Jul 22, 2022 - Customer Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Operates more like a company should with their employees.

Cons

Learning systems have a bit of a curve to them

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for with very meaningful mission!

Jul 12, 2022 - Data Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very competitive pay and nice benefits. Since I have joined the team, Civitas has been proactive with soliciting employee feedback for how to improve and reviewing salaries regularly (I think twice a year) ensuring the pay is aligned with the current market. Also, Civitas recently switched to a full time remote company and with that, employees now receive monthly Home Office, Gym, and other stipend options as an added perk ($300/month). - Meaningful company mission that helps students succeed! - Highly technical CEO that has a proven track record with improving company processes and increasing profits for the company. - Terrific work-life balance with unlimited PTO! I never feel bad about asking for time off and when you are on PTO I have never been pulled in to work so you can truly enjoy your time off work and reset. - Very smart coworkers who are motivated to continue to improve our products and add features that will continue to help student / university success! - Summer Fridays! Civitas gives employees every other Friday off in the Summer so everyone can further appreciate the nice work-life balance here. - Fun company events that you can join remotely (i.e. chocolate tasting, virtual escape room, yoga, etc.)

Cons

- Not being able to meet your coworkers in person. However, we do have a new annual company retreat coming up which should help with that issue! - Not a big con, but Civitas has gone fully global with employees in India, South America and all across the U.S. so having to deal with time zone differences takes a bit to get used to.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Civitas Learning.

Civitas Learning Photos

+ Add Photo
Civitas Learning photo of: Company Group Photo
Civitas Learning photo of: Teambuilding - Cooking Class
Civitas Learning photo of: Employees from our Pune, India office
Civitas Learning photo of: Student Success Champion
Civitas Learning photo of: CivBack helps Dress for Success ATX
Civitas Learning photo of: A team member receiving our InnoBlazer Award!
Civitas Learning photo of: Engineering Demo Fair