Cleo Communications - Growing fast in a growing market! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cleo Communications

"Growing fast in a growing market!"

Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager
Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager

I have been working at Cleo Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cleo has a strong pedigree and great customer base to leverage. Each day is a challenge but you can be confident you are helping customers and don't have to feel like a used car salesman.

Cons

Spread thin during massive growth. Scaling some departments is a challenge and to operationalize an organization after a major acquisitions (EXTOL) is tricky to align new responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in top talent from colleges & universities around the area. Great to have Sr staff that are industry experts but Cleo shouldn't be afraid to invest in top level collegiate talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Cleo Communications

"Great agile engineering department with questionable corporate leadership"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Loves Park, IL
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Loves Park, IL

I worked at Cleo Communications (More than a year)

Pros

I can mostly speak to the engineering department, a great bunch of people there. There are a few subject matter experts who are fixtures and get away with some negative behavior, but overall it's a good environment where you can grow very quickly and learn some dynamic skill sets. During my time at Cleo they were beginning to transition to agile methodologies and it appeared to have been a good fit for the department.

Cons

Nearly no on-boarding at all. You are left to your own devices when learning the companies platform and work flow. It's a sink or swim proposition but if you survive, you come out stronger. Also, there's definitely a cultural clash between the newly agile Engineering department and the rest of the company which operates in a very traditional "corporate" fashion.

Advice to Management

I would make sure you value your hard working employees and constantly enforce how important they are through real incentives because there's a lot of amazing people I met at Cleo that other companies would love to snatch up. Lip service isn't enough when someone gives up a weekend and their nights to ensure a release gets out on time.

"Fun - Modern"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Cleo Communications (More than a year)

Pros

100% remote position and flexible hours make this a perfect position for the modern work/life balance. Company is stable and growing at an impressive pace.

Cons

We work hard... harder than almost any comparable company that I've heard of. More 18-20hour days and lost weekends than I care to think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Meetings cut into productivity. Provide a meal stipend to remote employees and those in the Chicago office who miss out on the catered meals.