Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just smart people trying to create great insurance coverage

May 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, Next Insurance is one of the best employers I have worked for and I have had a varied career. The leadership from the top down is transparent, reactive to employee concerns, and operates without ego. The CEO, CFO, and COO are just genuinely good people, so it makes working for them quite easy. Some other great aspects of the company, the benefits are great, compensation is competitive, and the company culture is healthy and fun. The company is also currently investing a lot of time in employee development which is great. There is plenty of opportunity to grow with the company.

Cons

The commute is really the only con for me, but the company and people make it worth it.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Feb 3, 2021 - Claims Adjuster in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and kind people

Cons

Work life balance - sometimes have to work overtime to keep up

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work, terrible WLB

Jan 22, 2021 - NEXT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Next Insurance is one of the best places I have worked at, but it has its share of drawbacks, like any organization. Reasons to consider Next Insurance 1. The team; co-founders have had two exits before so know how to build and sell a company. This time around we are gunning for an IPO. The colleagues are incredibly hardworking. 2. The mission; is to help businesses thrive. I'll admit it -- insurance is not sexy, but it is a "necessary evil". It can be complicated to get, we help customers save time so they can focus on their business 3. The potential; the market is huge and has not see much technological innovation, the ability to have impact is literally akin to what Uber was for taxies. It just depends on how well we can execute, and thus far it has been pretty good.

Cons

The downsides of Next Insurance 1. Terrible work life balance - like most hypergrowth startups, you work a ton. This is dependent on function, motivation etc but if you are mildly motivated expect 60+ hrs/week. There is room to move around, but if you under deliver once, you are branded -- regardless of how well you delivered previously. I don't expect I will be here much longer due to burnout. They tried creating a OKR to measure personal healthy / wlb, but realistically if you prioritize it over the business OKRs, I assume it just means you need to leave the company. 2. With growth comes stuff - as the company as grown, other things have come in to play (good and bad) from more management layers, to more meetings, to less contradicting messages from management vs executive leadership. The people team is pretty incredible and they have some of the best benefits from full health care coverage, to $1.5k/year for self development to throwing parties. Past Christmas team got VR headsets.

4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Next Insurance.