Next Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Next Insurance

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Insurance in August 2020.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter requesting to schedule a phone screen, and couldn't even get past that stage. Sent an email to set time up for the initial phone screen, no response. Did a follow up email with updated availability, no response. A recruiter ghosting a recruiter. I'm not sure if this is the third party agency that people have mentioned here on the site, or if it's an internal recruiter, either way not an ideal candidate experience and not the best way to be an ambassador for your company.

Claim Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Next Insurance (Austin, TX) in August 2020.

Interview

Very detailed interview process meeting with several people within company. A bit exhausting as the process, due to Covid, was done over Zoom. But interviewers were professional and pleasant. They gave you more then enough time to provide your responses and welcomed detailed questions on company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit to the position you are seeking at Next.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Insurance (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. The recruiters they have are through a 3rd party firm but they said they hired the whole team there (even some of the E-staff) and know Next better than most recruiting firms I've worked with. The interview process is typical; Hiring Manager screen, Interview Panel (this is the step I did not make it past). I met only people who were relevant and the team provided thought exercises which were engaging and challenging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience, walk me through how you'd approach a funnel issue, growth ideas you have for our funnel, etc.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Next Insurance.

Interview

Recruiting process is handled by 3rd party firm. Recruiters live far away from Palo Alto, in Los Angeles and only visit once a year and know little to nothing about the work culture, commute, benefits, etc. When I asked a recruiter about the working hours, she said 9-5 but this couldn't be further from the truth when I went onsite and heard about how time consuming working at this international company is. They also reduced the role of the Israel branch in Next's operations. Most of my information learned about the Israel office was obtained online and onsite.

I felt strung along at some points and rushed at others. I understand waiting for rounds of candidates to be interviewed, but if I wait more than a week to be notified that my interview was satisfactory enough to move forward I should not be expected to clear my schedule the next day because "the COO is traveling next week and only has two spots to see me." I respect the limited time, but what seemed like a strategic timeline before was revealed to be poor planning.

Onsite, my candidate experience was poor. I could tell that I was being squeezed in. Being stuck in a room during lunchtime without any bathroom break for 3 hours doesn't attract me to what an everyday "Nexter" goes through. Strong pass.

Fullstack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview composed of 3 parts:
    1. At the begining there is company and applications overview.
    2. "Tell me about yourself, what are you doing these days". In addition, tell me about a problem and how you fixed it.
    3. Technical questions

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between React and Angular   Answer Question
    • In React, what is the difference between functional and class components (before hooks)   Answer Question
    • Given the following code, what will be printed?
      var counter=0;
      function add(){
         var counter=0;
        counter++;
      }

console.log(counter);   Answer Question
    • Given the following code, what will be printed?
      const attr[]={17,58,35,15};
      for (var i=0;i<attr.length;i++;) {
          setTimeout[function()=>{
             console.log("index is: " + i + ", value is: " + attr[i]);
      }, 1000);
      }   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I interviewed at Next Insurance (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Horrible etiquette. Phone screen, interview with lead PM, followed by call with COO and planned onsite super day. Received notice on Monday that I would be moved to final round, split into two parts. A call the next day (Tuesday) with COO and super day that Friday (4 days later). Heard on Wednesday (2 days after original e-mail and 2 days before onsite) that they decided to move forward with another candidate and canceled the find round. Asking candidates to meet with the COO the next day and have a final round onsite same week is incredibly inconvenient. To cancel the onsite two days later is incredibly bad etiquette and reflects poorly on your company. The business world is small.

Claims Specialist and Senior Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Next Insurance (Austin, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

HORRIBLE!!! Stay away! Both HR Recruiters and management treat potential candidates with such lack of respect and lack of professionalism, including last minute cancellations of scheduled on-site interviews without any explanation, even from HR.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Insurance (Austin, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

Three-part interview process; phone call, zoom call, and office interview. The phone call was about 15 minutes explaining the job requirements. The zoom call was a 30 minute 1:1 interview to go over my resume. The final in-office interview was a 2-hour interview that consisted of three panel interviews and a final quiz.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my insurance background and customer service experience.   Answer Question

Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Next Insurance (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

I was recruited via LinkedIn for a phone interview. They followed up with a zoom interview with a team lead a couple of weeks later. In that meeting, I was immediately offered an on-site interview the following week. I had something personal up, and they were kind enough to reschedule my on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of speaking with the remaining team leads and site leads. They were all very warm and welcoming, wanting to get to know me as a person, beyond my resume. I received a request for a call from the site lead a week later and was offered a position.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Insurance (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview is handling by a third party firm. They are unresponsive and slow to communicate. After the phone interview, a video interview is scheduled with HQ based in California.