Origami Owl - For Independent Designers - you can make money, but proceed cautiously | Glassdoor

For Independent Designers - you can make money, but proceed cautiously

Current Employee - Lead Designer

I have been working at Origami Owl part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You make your hours. You get out of it what you put in to it. Once you finally connect with Designer Care, they are so pleasant but not always able to solve. It's possible to make money, but must be careful. I love my mentor and it is nice to meet other like-minded designers.

Cons

I've been a Designer for three years. I did make money selling the product, however when you subtract my excess inventory, selling costs (postage, shipping, mileage, business cards, etc) and other selling 'paraphernalia' I did not make any profit. Here is my caution to any new designer: You must keep in mind that the O2 'business model' is to sell as much product as possible - the primary vehicle being that they...

Advice to Management

This is their model, theyre not going to change it. They should keep the commission strucutre as is, 30-50% with no minimum PV.

Other Employee Reviews

1. Independent Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Origami Owl part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great product, always improving product.

Cons

Benefits to designers have reduced.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction to make positive changes and make designers successful. Stop selling product from corporate and have all sales go to designer teams, making designers successful, will only make the company grow.

2. Great Company

• Overall
      Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Origami Owl full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This company is filled with amazing employees

Cons

There needs to be more work/life balance

Advice to Management

Pay attention

Discover more reviews about Origami Owl.