"Working for Quicktate was nice. Working for iDictate, not so nice."

2.0
    Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Quicktate for more than a year

Pros

Easy work. Work as much or as little as you want. As long as your work is accurate and timely, things go smoothly when doing work for QuickTate. It's a great way to get transcription experience. The style they teach is not transferable to other serious transcription companies but it's a great filler to put on your resume to show that you can do the work to an employers specifications.

Cons

Once you've been with QuickTate for awhile and have submitted high quality work, they will offer you a position with iDictate. This is where all the issues and the majority of their complaints as a transcription company come from. They offer support teams for basic needs and general questions and a contact for any detailed questions or as a final say in a style standard. They also have various reviewers that review your work. The issue comes in with the lack of consistency among them. It was normal for me to be told completely different things by all three and when I would ask for clarification, instead of getting a final answer, the transcriptionist contact would give attitude instead of answering the question. That left me with no answer and a desire to not want to clarify anything in the future. I often had to google answers to my questions and would utilize forums. Through the forums, I discovered that it's common knowledge that because of the lack of oversight of the transcription contact and reviewers, most transcriptionists had no idea what format they really wanted and were used to being treated poorly. They changed their work based on who their reviewer was likely to be. I also learned they have very high turnover rate in iDictate because it doesn't seem to get any better regardless of how long you work for iDictate. It was ultimately not worth the hassle. I moved to work for another transcription company.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Excellent"

5.0
    Transcriber

I have been working at Quicktate

Pros

Flexible work schedule Work whenever you want Very reliable Work is always available

Cons

Compensation not that high. Lots of missing audio files Nothing else to add Nothing else to add Nothing else to add.

2. "It's fine for extra work"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Quicktate for more than a year

Pros

flexible, log in whenever you'd like to work

Cons

There isn't always work available, pay is low

Discover more reviews about Quicktate.