Employee Review

Former Employee

Prefer Not to Say

Jul 28, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated, awesome, fun (but perhaps a bit foolish for believing this operation is legitimate) people you get to work with.

Cons

A CEO who is more focused on being a celebrity than being a venture capitalist and only hires yes-men. Excessive, over-the-top spending on things that make no sense and don't align with the supposed mission of the firm. Examples include a full season suite to the Warriors, a race car(?!), renting out AT&T park for a day (well 3/4ths of a day, Beyonce calls), just to name a few.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't listen to fake negative reviews

Mar 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I first wanted to work at this firm because the people I knew who worked here were always talking about how much they loved their jobs and the innovative companies they were getting to work with. Joining this team was the best decision I ever made and I miss this job every day. CEO does a good job at trying to really carve out the job you want for you and will help you achieve your goals however he can. He's good at recognizing people's strengths and weaknesses and re-structuring their jobs around them. Warriors games (paid for by the CEO personally) & cool events to connect founders to investors and people that are helpful for them to know. Awesome team of super hard workers.. I made some of my best friends here. Office dogs.

Cons

False press stirred up by individuals with their own agenda still weighs on the firm. Said people are coming on this site and trying to cheapen the great experiences most of us actually had. Can be tough to get in front of CEO, who always has a million things going on.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting but Erratic

Dec 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- very smart people - fast, agile team - projects don't drag - actively disrupting VC, which can be fun to watch - nice people, no one gets angry - VERY exciting portfolio and network

Cons

- no direct managing - low salaries and long hours - demands on employees spill over into their personal lives (weekend events, weekly networking events, team dinners, management always pushing for overnight retreats) - the CEOs whims determine workflow - 1/5 of the company only around to manage the CEOs needs

3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Rothenberg Ventures.