StoneMor - My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

"My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be."

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Advice to Management

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor

"Positive changes ahead"

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is going through long overdue changes that will position us to be more successful in the coming years. It's a very exciting time to be apart of this company. In the time I have been with StoneMor I have found success through the hard work and effort I put forth and have been recognized for my contributions.

Cons

If you don't like change, then this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Continue making these positive changes. Those of us who have been with the company for some time recognize your efforts and how it is changing the company for the better. I would recommend more communication when possible.

2. "Management"

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You cannot beat the work life balance. StoneMor has great, long-term dedicated employees.

Cons

A lot of focus on investors vs employees

Advice to Management

Communication internally needs to be improved.