StoneMor - My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for StoneMor

"My experience so far at StoneMor has been frustrating, sometimes horrific, and not at all what I thought it would be."

Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales
Current Employee - "Family Service Counselor" AKA Sales

Pros

There is some flexibility to this job, as long as the numbers are met, and at the very least has been interesting on many levels.

Cons

The company is less about the families we are servicing and more about meeting numbers. Issues needing to be resolved are put on the back burner as selling pre-need is "more important" - according to management. There are Counselors who are family oriented and genuinely care about helping those who are grieving to make wise decisions, however most of them quit or are terminated for not being aggressive pre-need sales people. A Family Service Counselor wage is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher (and in most cases it's minimum wage).

Advice to Management

Though I understand StoneMor is a business and money needs to be made, the first priority should always be the families you serve. Numbers are important, but at what sacrifice. I have heard more complaints from families than praise, and you are losing the good counselors...

Other Employee Reviews for StoneMor

1. "Current Employee"

Pros

Flexible time and nice people

Cons

Poorly designed management structure and lack of salesforce

"Stay Away!!"

I worked at StoneMor full-time

Pros

I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

Long hours, min wage, call night was horrible!