Yahoo - Good personal experience, less so for others..... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

"Good personal experience, less so for others....."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo

1. "a super speedboat with no rudder"

Former Employee - Senior Editor
    Former Employee - Senior Editor

I worked at Yahoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Yahoo's compensation and benefits are superb in relation to other media companies - and the fun factor rates fairly high, given the nature of the roles therein.

Cons

There's no leadership, no vision and no integrity. The company has been and continues to be lost at sea, which is a shame considering the caliber of the people it employs.

Advice to Management

Focus. Figure out how to monetize your record-breaking traffic. Treat your employees like the bright and talented people they are instead of the interchangeable, discardable units you've made them out to be.

2. "Brilliant place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Fantastic culture
    Amazing minds at work
    Great people. Great mentorship. Great growth

Cons

Lesser pay compared to peers in industry
    No definite direction
    Weak management

Advice to Management

I can't imagine the pioneer in Web and internet to settle being a "premier media company"