Yahoo - Good personal experience, less so for others..... | Glassdoor
  1. "Good personal experience, less so for others....."

Senior Financial Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

Yahoo2012-05-09
  1. "I love Yahoo"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

* Yahoo Brand * Opportunity to work with great talent * Employee Growth * Great Culture * Employee Perks

Cons

* Constant Top Management shuffle * More Frequent shift in company's focus and direction

Yahoo2017-09-08
  2. "A whirlwind of chaos"

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great People work here, friendly and dedicated to their jobs. Pay is fair enough. Vacation hours are plentiful. Free food in the cafeteria. Mobile phone for employee and discounts on Verizon service for employee and immediate family.

Cons

No one knows who does what. Documentation is lacking for a lot of jobs. Upper management that is a holdover from the pre-buyout days tends to be competitive to the point of betrail. The culture is ridiculously left-leaning and as such tends to have a bias against males, and the diversity hires are not always the best choice for the job and often are a detriment to the team. Not enough hours in the work-day... to complete all tasks, most nights are spent with a couple of hours in my home office working on a task of some sort.

Advice to Management

Hire and assign tasks based upon merit and not a quota, because we have some individuals in our location that really should not be there.

Yahoo2019-08-29

Discover more reviews about Yahoo.