Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018
1,066 Interview Reviews

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was actually quite casual. Interview was fun and engaging. Interviewer was very disarming in order to get a clearer view of me as a person and how I would fit temperment-wise on their team.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Burbank, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 month process. I was recruited, talked to a recruiter. Sat with 3 different people. Marissa Mayer was a part of the approval process as well. They also asked for a background check and needed references. There were frequent delays in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if an advertiser is not interested in a product?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

- Very typical interview questions.
    -The process was extremely drawn out and took way too long. I never had any contact with anyone from HR or Recruiting.
    -The roles and responsibilities of the job were not properly explained during any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I barely remember any of the questions because they were so generic and uninspiring.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Had another offer on the table so Yahoo! knew they had to move through the process quickly. Spoke with the recruiter one day, the hiring manager the next, then was brought it to speak to 6 different team members in a 3 hour interview block. The people were extremely nice, very casual. The one thing that stood out was one gentleman told me Yahoo! tends to hire folks that are overqualified for the position. This occurred on a Friday then that evening, the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the VP for a Sunday. I finally heard back on Monday (they said they would let me know a few hours within the interview so I waited and waited) and the other candidate they went with was just "off the charts," so pretty much what the interviewer told me. Everyone was real kind and professional...good experience although no offer.

Interview Questions

• If given this opportunity, how would you approach your first day on the job?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Talked to a really nice database backend engineering during a college career fair. He immediately gave me an interview slot for the next day. For the interview, I came in and the interviewer talked about himself a little bit. And then he gave me a question about full/complete binary trees and a brain teaser. They were easy questions but I was extremely tired at the time. He told me later to be less nervous!

Interview Questions

• You have 10 jars, each filled with many marbles. Each marble weighs exactly 1.0 grams. One of the jars is a bad batch meaning each marble inside weighs 1.1 grams instead of 1.0 grams. You have a scale that will give you back a number of how much things weigh on it. Using only one measurement, determine how would you be able to find the bad batch   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the Corporate Connection of my college about Yahoo is hiring. I submitted my resume by replying to the email and got a phone interview the next day. Got the onsite interview in less than a week after the phone interview. The onsite interview was 6 hours long and free lunch was provided. Each interview section last about an hour, and it's either 1-1 or 1-2 but always only one person asking.

Interview Questions

• Got database query questions and Unix commands questions which I don't quite remember   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Other competing offer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I went to my university job fair and talked to Yahoo recruiter. They were interviewing people the next day and decided to give me a chance. I did not make it through the interview tho because I did a bad job and did not really have enough time to get prepared.

Interview Questions

• Combine two lists of Object with different size into one   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Having read through the reviews on glassdoor I wasn't expecting a smooth process either but since I am a local candidate I didn't have to go through the hassle of going through the travel/stay reimbursements etc. The reviews were true to the core that the recruitment process is a clear indication of the complete chaos in the company. I was invited for an onsite, after clearing the initial phone screen which was fairly a simpler algorithmic challenge. Just revisit your algorithms and data structures especially search, sort, list, trees, graphs, string manipulations etc. An advice to candidates is to not to over do the preparation as they come with a mind set expecting 'the' answer they were looking for and even if you out smart them with an efficient solution it's still frowned upon (which is rather untrue for most companies in the silicon valley).
    The onsite interviews were pathetic, with some interviewers jumping straight onto white-board coding without even a formal introduction. The questions ranged from generating random numbers between 1 and N given a function which returns 0 or 1 with equal probability (binary to decimal!), ways to provide contradicting assignment statements from a list of string assignments of the form ['a=b', 'c=d', 'd=b'] ['a!=d'] etc, string anagram matching, binary search trees. The engineers seemed technically sound/professional and will indeed provide you enough hints in case you run into troubled waters.

Interview Questions

• A question involving indirect application of DFS on graph (to prove if a list of assignment statements contradict)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

phone interview about oop, coding, OS, threads, and so on, I did well. then I went to onsite at champaign, il. 4 rounds of technical interview. I did well except that a rude, strong-accent indian guy asked me corner knowlegde about linux shell programming and perl.