Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2018
1,067 Interview Reviews

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Burbank, CA).

Interview

It’s a multi-level interview with at least 3 different people separately within the same day. It takes a few hours so it’s hard to keep your stamina. You interview with different people that work with the visual designer, the team, the developers, etc.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Worst company to interview for... do not join..

Had a phone interview. Basic algorithms and binary trees.
    Had an on-site. Recruiter didn't give me good information about the on-site process and suprised me with a totally different schedule than planned. They hadn't even paid for my hotel and I had to pay it myself, but more on that later.
    On-site was fine. Interviewers were polite. My recruiter was laid off one day before my interview and replacement recruiter was very incompetent. Full disclosure, I did not get the job.

So the money I paid for the hotel was supposed to be reimbursed and recruiter said he would reimburse me. We went back and forth over a few months with Soo many emails and calls and he had only refunded me like 50% of the value ( like why would you issue in increments?) . 7months since my interview and I still hadn't received my refund and I gave up on the recruiter and asked him to cc his manager. He said he would issue the refund and two days later, he left the company too and nobody picked up my issue?!? Zero accountability....
    Like c'mon man.. is this a sinking ship ? I reached out to many Yahoo(now Oath) recruiters on LinkedIn and only one of them replied (after two weeks). She was able to get my remaining amount reimbursed after I forwarded my email chain with 25+ emails and explaining my helplessness.
     Do not interview for company. I don't think it's ever reasonable to have interviewees beg for their money and beg for 7months?!? Needless to say, this has been my Worst post-interview experience ever.

I wanted to share my experience to alert potential employees to the shady recruiters who have the worst accountability. If recruiters themselves are so bad, you can imagine the company and it's culture.

Interview Questions

• binary trees, arrays, android multithreading   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

The interview was not highly structured, managers and team peers took turns with 30 minute blocks, for a total of three hours of interviews. No one asked questions that related to the role, peers seemed to not understand why they were interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite software?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interviewed first with the hiring manager on site, then HR, and 4 other technical people. All in all, it took two to three months. It took about one to two weeks to get the offer

Interview Questions

• What have I done before that was relevant, How would I address certain situations, deep dive into a technical solution I was working on, Why the company, Why left the previous one   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

great, it was fantastic, Interviewers were very cooperative, it was great experience, I really enjoyed speaking with people, they were all asking questions around programming and c++.. all was good

Interview Questions

• Data structure, Linked list, C++   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Got called in for an on-campus interview by a recruiter. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. He asked 1 technical question, described his role in the company and what his team does and finally we discussed any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• He showed me how the Yahoo In-Mail infrastructure was set up. Then, asked me if users were facing latency problems, what could be the cause of it? And you have to troubleshoot on all the levels of the infrastructure.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Easy, phone interview, then an in-person interview with four people on the team. It was very basic questions and situational questions, tell me about a time when... it was honestly very easy and the manager interviewing me talked the entire time

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo (Portland, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was good. He first asked about my favourite project and then went on to coding task. This telephonic Interview was of 45 mins. there was a code based on trees. He had defined the problem himself and told me to code on it. But at the end of the interview he really gave a good feedback.

Interview Questions

• Advanced datastructures with optimum time and space complexity   1 Answer

Freelance Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Typical processing. They asked about behavior and stuffs. But I don't really remember. There should not be a really long section here requiring over 30 words on hiring and interview. It is ridiculous.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Great interview process. First they gave me a phone screen which is very productive. Then they flew me down to San Diego for an in-person interview that lasted for about five hours.