Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017
1,009 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straight forward. Lots of data structure and algorithm question. The interviewers were friendly and helped with the questions. The interview process took couple of hours. Lot's of white boarding. I will suggest practice question on whiteboard. It will help.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with the recruiter who was super nice and she explained the program, the process and steps involved . This was followed 2 phone screens with product managers, who were part of the program before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen + 4 rounds on site
    The interview questions are quite typical. You may expect to code on a laptop.
    Based on what I observed, the environment and culture was good(easy, work & life balanced).
     It was not my first time having interview at Yahoo. I would say their HR/recruiters and their management were terrible. They were chewing while talking to you over phone. They could mess up the schedule, forget to follow up, etc. Last thing, you were rejected if they hadn't given you the feedback in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• 3 hour solving problem by coding on computer + 3 rounds of typical white board
      Its difficulty is median.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Recruiter contacted over LinkedIn. Scheduled initial phone screen tech interview. But, they did not call me on the scheduled time, rescheduled again, didn't call again, rescheduled again and finally called on the 3rd time. The person who interviewed me was rude, seemed like he was in hurry to get the interview done just for the sake of it. If you don't have the time to take the interview in a professional manner, why waste the time of candidate?
    I believe I gave the answer to the question they asked including edge-cases, still got a rejection email saying they wanted to hire someone with more coding experience. Not writing this review because I didn't get selected for next round of interview, but purely because of the bad experience I had with the interview process.
    Totally a negative experience, just like using their app and website.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone screen with a recruiter to gauge interest and teams. Tech phone screen with random engineer, then online coding test. After passing that I had a call with an interested engineer who did a dog and pony show to sell me his team. Onsite with eng team was 5 interviews mostly algorithms and coding. One was front end CSS and HTML questions, the rest were general data structure stuff. Last interview was with the director just chatting about my experience

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed cache and code it on the whiteboard in Java   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo NYC emailed saying they wanted to speak to me on the phone for an interview.
    1st: Phone Call interview, applied for Software Engineer role.
    But role was for a Senior position and told me to look around and find a junior role.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

it was too easy as a normal interview ,easy ,fast , clear questions i mean not complicated , its helpful for anyone to have chance to work ,i like that kind of interviews it's like a game for me

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my gender   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was one on one in the Yahoo office in New York. The interviewer was very chill and asked one coding question and some questions about streaming data. The interview went on for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Find all combinations of numbers in a given array that add up to a given number.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out and told me that he would like to put resume for a review where hiring managers from different teams will meet and might pick up your resume. A week later I was told my resume was picked by Yahoo Membership team and they want to schedule a technical phone screen.

Phone screen was pretty simple, was asked to reverse linked list in group of k's on coder pad and few basic Javascript and html/css concepts. Interview went well . At the end of the call he asked me to tell my approach how to solve source destination / boarding pass problem.

Recruiter whom I talked prior to my interview was very professional, however interviewer seemed bit off, he showed no interest in talking about my past or current experience and didn't answer any of my questions that I asked about Yahoo.

A day later I received mail from recruiter that he had a little trouble tracking down the feedback, but he was able to receive an answer and Unfortunately, they have decided that my profile isn't the best fit for the team's needs.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list in group , what would you say about performance of document.getElementByID, what is event bubbling? how document.create works ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Asked me questions from Algorithm data structures, operating system, net working. Very easy questions. After phone interview I was called onsite and all the interviews happened there. Back to back 5 interviews on above subjects.