Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2018
1,072 Interview Reviews

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was actually quite casual. Interview was fun and engaging. Interviewer was very disarming in order to get a clearer view of me as a person and how I would fit temperment-wise on their team.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Burbank, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 month process. I was recruited, talked to a recruiter. Sat with 3 different people. Marissa Mayer was a part of the approval process as well. They also asked for a background check and needed references. There were frequent delays in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if an advertiser is not interested in a product?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

- Very typical interview questions.
    -The process was extremely drawn out and took way too long. I never had any contact with anyone from HR or Recruiting.
    -The roles and responsibilities of the job were not properly explained during any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I barely remember any of the questions because they were so generic and uninspiring.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Had another offer on the table so Yahoo! knew they had to move through the process quickly. Spoke with the recruiter one day, the hiring manager the next, then was brought it to speak to 6 different team members in a 3 hour interview block. The people were extremely nice, very casual. The one thing that stood out was one gentleman told me Yahoo! tends to hire folks that are overqualified for the position. This occurred on a Friday then that evening, the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the VP for a Sunday. I finally heard back on Monday (they said they would let me know a few hours within the interview so I waited and waited) and the other candidate they went with was just "off the charts," so pretty much what the interviewer told me. Everyone was real kind and professional...good experience although no offer.

Interview Questions

• If given this opportunity, how would you approach your first day on the job?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Talked to a really nice database backend engineering during a college career fair. He immediately gave me an interview slot for the next day. For the interview, I came in and the interviewer talked about himself a little bit. And then he gave me a question about full/complete binary trees and a brain teaser. They were easy questions but I was extremely tired at the time. He told me later to be less nervous!

Interview Questions

• You have 10 jars, each filled with many marbles. Each marble weighs exactly 1.0 grams. One of the jars is a bad batch meaning each marble inside weighs 1.1 grams instead of 1.0 grams. You have a scale that will give you back a number of how much things weigh on it. Using only one measurement, determine how would you be able to find the bad batch   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

1 phone screen interview, followed by 3 days of 5-people interviews (+lunch interview) in a period of 1-2 weeks. Interviewed with people from 3+ teams different from the one that phone-screened me. Finally the team that phone-screened me hired me.

After I accepted the offer, while wrapping up my work in my previous company, the recruiter asked me to have a letter signed by my previous employer showing that I have completed everything we discussed when I gave them the 2-week notice, which I thought was unusual.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical coding questions, i.e. shuffle cards, merge sort using files, traversing trees, C++ related questions. One of the interviewers (probably non-technical) asked me a physics brain teaser which was unexpected, I don't remember the details.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I got a decent increase from my previous job, I didn't negotiate and later found that I didn't get competitive compensation package. Advice: negotiate!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in May 2013, on site with Yahoo for a position of Senior Engineer. Interviewers demonstrated complete and utter no interest. One asked me a question and looked in the ceiling, then got up and went away. Others were similarly disinterested as if it was a formality for them. I think my skills or experience didn't matter at all, and I was discriminated on the basis of race (I am white).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two phone screens. The first phone screen consisted of coding questions (how to print a singly linked list backwards) and the second phone screen was a conversation with the hiring mgr in which we talked about past projects I have worked on. These phone screens occurred over the course of 2 weeks. Next I was invited on site to speak with 4 people.

After 2 weeks I was told that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• how to print a singly linked list backwards   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the Corporate Connection of my college about Yahoo is hiring. I submitted my resume by replying to the email and got a phone interview the next day. Got the onsite interview in less than a week after the phone interview. The onsite interview was 6 hours long and free lunch was provided. Each interview section last about an hour, and it's either 1-1 or 1-2 but always only one person asking.

Interview Questions

• Got database query questions and Unix commands questions which I don't quite remember   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I went to my university job fair and talked to Yahoo recruiter. They were interviewing people the next day and decided to give me a chance. I did not make it through the interview tho because I did a bad job and did not really have enough time to get prepared.

Interview Questions

• Combine two lists of Object with different size into one   Answer Question