Yahoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018
1,043 Interview Reviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

All day interview with a recruiter and about 5-6 engineers. Had lunch with the team and discussed Hadoop, which I had not heard of at that point. Interviewers seemed to ask questions that would reveal whether I could do that job: They didn't ask brain teaser puzzles.

Interview Questions

• This was 9 years ago, but I remember sorting questions and questions about algorithmic complexity; questions about how I would design a system (the details of which I no longer remember, but I do remember it involved a distributed key/value store); questions about TCP/IP; A request to craft an single SQL query that solved a fairly data merge and aggregate problem.   Answer Question

Intro Software Engineer Position Interview

Interview

Phone interview with programming problem and discussion about my background online, likely there is an opportunity to get flown out to CA to interview on site with the team

Interview Questions

• About my background, relatively tricky programming questions; HAVEN'T RECEIVED OFFER OR NOT YET, IGNORE ANSWER BELOW   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Recruiter used email to schedule a phone interview. First we went over the resume and then the recruiter gave me a simple coding problem. You are expected to finish the problem. It took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, background and a coding problem (leetcode)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

2 Interview of 45 Minutes each. I went to the office and faced 2 different persons for each interview. First interview was purely behavioral regarding my work experience and general scenarios. Second interview was basically puzzles and riddles.

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview from campus recruiting. The staff are great. After introducing myself and talked with the staff for a while, I got a chance for the interview. Hope everything goes well.
    Haven't attend the interview yet. Will update after the interview.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

It's the second round interview. In the first round, I had two coding problems. In this round, I only had one easy coding problem and wrote on a paper not on editor. Most of the time I was asked question regarding Java, OS and computer architecture, and OOD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to Yahoo Champaign at the career fair in UIUC and then got the phone interview one week later. During the phone screening, many basic CS related questions are asked related to Java, C++, linux command. Then a simple programming problem, finally the OO design for a chess game.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two coding questions in the first round. It was a phone interview with a senior engineer. I applied for this job through the career fair and get their response in about one month

Interview Questions

• Two coding questions not easy   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I'm looking for summer internship. During the meeting, the recruiter ask about my project and work experience and after gaining basic knowledge of what I'm capable, she asked me an algorithm problem 'find missing element in an array'

Emerging Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to two engineer at Oath, downtown NYC. The engineers are friendly. Interview started with some basic concept about Java and was followed by algorithm questions with medium difficulty.