zeel - If just 1 male client lies in a review, they cut you. Sexism prevails | Glassdoor

"If just 1 male client lies in a review, they cut you. Sexism prevails"

Former Freelancer - Massage Therapist

I worked at zeel for less than a year

Pros

Pay, frequency of appointments if you are female

Cons

Pay varies wildly (no set percentage), overprovileged clientele who may treat you like 'the help', Late appointments, multiple Zeel texts for 1 appt, low appts of you are male, a client was inappropriate with me and I informed them but he gave me a low review saying strange (but harmless) things because I didn't respond to his flirting, and they stopped accepting my massage requests after, even after they spoke to... me and said the issue was adequately resolved! They didn't even tell me they were terminating me until I flat out asked, a week later. If you are female, be prepared to have MGMT believe the client over you.

Advice to Management

Follow up on incidents before terminating therapists, communicate, don't have a 1 strike policy, don't allow clients to write frivolous reviews unrelated to bodywork or professionalism, and BELIEVE WOMEN

zeel2019-04-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

Current Contractor - Licensed Massage Therapist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at zeel for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and awesome therapist support.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative.

zeel2019-09-17

"Unbelievable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at zeel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company happy hours & events, work from home, some travel, “unlimited” PTO

Cons

Fear-driven. Laid off almost half of the company without warning, left remaining employees even more fearful, overly stressed and overworked, brand new hires and tenured dear friends of many years all unable to understand what just happened. Zero closure or humanity, incredibly disorganized and extremely unprofessional. Offered to answer questions but didn’t provide actual answers - as usual. Toxic, fear-driven,... nepotistic, racist; even the most upset of former employees preferred to wipe their hands of everything and move on. What do you expect from a company that tells employees to speak up, then punishes or places a target on their heads for trying? Not too surprised.

Advice to Management

Exercise your own company values. Listen. Do better.

zeel2019-10-05

Discover more reviews about zeel.