Endsight Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Great Sales Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

Pros

CEO and upper management are all very kind people and a pleasure to be around. The sales team is always in the loop with the owners which is very gratifying every time Endsight brings on new business. A lot of training is put into the sales department which was great if you're looking to gain solid inside sales experience and learn more about the industry. There's a wonderful dynamic in the office making every day enjoyable and easy-going. This is definitely a team-oriented environment that rewards hard work so if you're looking to set goals for yourself and achieve them not only will you be respected, you'll see your efforts live on around the workplace and on paper.

Cons

Not much room for growth in sales department.

Advice to Management

Continue online sales practices & social selling efforts

"A company that listens, works together, and encourages my growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Endsight (More than 5 years)

Pros

Endsight helps me continually grow. They have done classes here in many forms since I started and make available online learning for certifications I am interested in pursuing.
    I have gone between multiple departments over my tenure here and learned the different aspects of the positions and how they contribute to each other and make Endsight successful.
    Compensation was more than my last job and as I have moved into new positions and learned new aspects, it has followed suit.
    There are a number of clients to support and with that comes an abundance of technologies. Working with an MSP, you learn a lot and you learn it fast. I have supported a single company in the past and your growth is mostly outside of your day to day. Here you have opportunity to learn something new most everyday and have others helping you along the way. The supportive nature of the environment here is outstanding and helps me feel confident in the company and myself.
    Ownership is always honest and upfront. You know where you stand with them and they want to see you be successful. They ellict feedback from the employees and act on the things they can to improve what they can.
    Benefits, this has been a sore spot in the past, but at the time of this writing they are excellent. The ownership has heard the complaints and was finally able to improve on them.
    The people here are fantastic, whether we are getting together for a planned event from the company or a group of individuals planning their own outing, There are people here running together, going to shows together, and playing darts and having a good time together... all on their own.
    I have recommended friends to here before and will continue to.

Cons

I have been here for over 6 years. Outside of small, people centered issues I can't think of any real problems that haven't been addressed.
    If I think back on the people who are no longer here and the reasons that they left, they would range from:
    The environment being too fast paced for them
    Not being able to make the money they wanted
    Growing and being ready for a position that was not yet available
    Not being able to keep up with workload

Advice to Management

You are doing great. Over the last five years we have continued to evolve and grow. Listening carefully and making changes has helped to keep the culture here great. I look forward to the next few years here and seeing how we continue to grow together!

"I love Endsight!"

Former Employee - Inside TAM in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Inside TAM in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Endsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Endsight from 2011 to 2015. All of the people I met there were fun loving people and helped move my career in a very positive way.

The company implemented an internal glass door to keep folks like Mr. Happy below from polluting the culture. It helped to change things folks found not useful and add things that made work fun. Some of the many meetings have gone and added are Jenga Fridays.

Whether its additions to the gym or changes to the weekly provided lunch menu by popular vote, Endsight listens. I've seen many folks rise from the ranks of Jr. Engineer and Intern to Sr. Engineer and Inside TAM. Endsight values and rewards hard work and a culture positive attitude.

Endsight keeps adding new faces because they are adding clients constantly. The growth in the company is fantastic and I dare say isn't slowing any time soon. If you are looking at Endsight as a perspective employee, don't shy away from one person's negative reviews. They in no way represent the 50+ employee outlook on Endsight.

Endsight invests in you for training and helps expand your knowledge base. I don't know how many times other employees whether it be in the NOC or Pro Services, took time to run through best practice design and deployment for different technologies. At my previous employers, I never felt like other co-workers wanted me to succeed more for myself and for the company as much as they did for Endsight. That is invaluable

Cons

None except for some poorly written reviews on their Glassdoor by an uneducated bitter person.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and expanding your role in the MSP universe. Thanks for 4 great years!

Casey Borkowski
    former Inside TAM/TAM

Endsight Response

Jul 22, 2015 – CEO

Thanks!

"Terrific Work Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

Pros

The owners at Endsight are wonderful leaders who actually care about their employees and the culture. As a result, the office is constantly upbeat and in the zone. Employees here really get along with one another, which makes working alot more fun. I personally love waking up everyday to work for a company that gives me the opportunity to excel and feel at home. Lunch gets catered during the week which is great and having workout facilities plus additional perks adds some energy to every month.

Cons

If you cant park in the lot, it can be difficult finding parking on 4th street.

"Company of opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Development in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Endsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy environment that will use mistakes to teach instead of to blame. They go out of their way to make sure the employees are happy, fulfilled and have plenty of opportunity to learn. Speaking of learning, working for Endsight is as close to education as you can get. You will learn anything you need or want to. It's like being paid to go to school.

Cons

Along with a high learning curve the work is really challenging.

7. "Great place to work if you want to make a difference"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Endsight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small company so you can know everybody including the CEO
    Lots of exposure to computer networks and opportunities to improve them
    Lots of opportunities to be challenged, learn, and grow professionally
    Fun environment to work in and great people to work with

Cons

Traffic to get to work or to client sites
    Stressful situations when dealing with computer emergencies

Advice to Management

Make sure you hold everyone to the same high standards of performance

"I gained invaluable experience and knowledge and became a part of a team who had my back in every situation."

Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Endsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are what make Endsight the amazing company that it is. There is a wealth and depth of knowledge there that would be hard to find at just any old company. Learning is encouraged, lunch is provided twice a week, personal reviews occur regularly so you know where you stand. There are many, many networks and technologies that you get to learn, and work on. There is a company tech blog that employees post to frequently, and the content is top notch. There is beer in the fridge to help one relax after a long day of brain pushups. There are several company events outside of work that occur throughout the year which are always a blast. Management is always thinking outside of the box trying to improve the company for the clients and the employees. Benefits are very good.

Cons

There was no direct advancement path to the position that I expressed was the right fit for my skills. I came in as a "Junior" engineer with a Military IT background and a CCNA, and I was never able to shake the "junior" position. They did offer me other positions, but none were the right fit.

Advice to Management

Make sure the the smart minds aren't bogged down with tedious repetitive work, or they will get burned out (I'm not necessarily referring to myself). Increase the size of the NOC to lower User Initiated Incidents, as this is where the preventative maintenance will prevent phone calls. Become the IT provider for Berkeley Ironworks and give employees free memberships, or bonuses would suffice.

"MSP = Dog Year Multiplier for IT Experience and Technical Exposure"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Endsight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlike a traditional internal IT position.
    In 1 year on the job you will have ~ 5 years experience in the industry.
    Deep and technically rich pool of client accounts to work with.
    Stability and professional growth.
    If your young and energetic with talent you can go far at Endsight.
    You will learn what it takes to professionally manage 130+ accounts.
    You will learn best practices from a company that is serious about technology, documentation, management systems and how to provide a very high level of service.

Cons

After 5 years at an MSP you might be ready for retirement or at least a change of pace.
    Once you reach the Account Manager level there is no opportunity for advancement.
    No bonuses or additional compensation for prepared, proposed and closed project work.
    Little opportunity to go deeper than the IT infrastructure level due to number of assigned accounts.

Advice to Management

Put 2% of your annual net profit into a employee bonus pool. Bonus everyone on the same metrics - Client Satisfaction, Labor Load of Gross Margin and Retention. It would do a lot to ensure all departments were pulling the rope in the same direction. It would also be a boost to moral. Employees are aware of how well Endsight has done over the last 5 years...they would like to formally participate in the success.

"Frustrating, High Turnover, Drama, Hypocritical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Endsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Events
    Happy Hour
    Free Lunches (at a cost of being told to keep working)

Cons

I've been with the company for a few years, giving the benefit of the doubt when mistakes are made by management. I've read reviews on the site last year when one of the biggest turn overs happened. Not just any turn over but the one flips a company 180 because a core team of people left. I've worked with those people closely and it's never been the same since. I do my best to take opinions and feedback with a grain of salt but some of the reviews that were removed here, were spot on. It just took time to realize from first hand experience and observations.

one of the biggest problems at the company is that drama is generated for entertainment. Gossiping and the blame game are frequent enough. teaming up to bully others? wow. I can see why some employees left with a sour taste in their mouth. some employees took pride in their work and defined the core values that the company wrote.

benefits - all i can say is, wait for a bill in the mail, then rate the benefits yourself.

technology - you can download a lot of free tools yourself at home. you have access to common programs like office and other small business tools. but don't get your hopes up in getting opportunities to get your hands on even mid size business software. you will easily hit a glass ceiling doing the same thing over and over again because of standardization across the clients. the company is cheap and doesn't want to spend money on good products. so yes, if your are new to IT, like any company, you think you have a lot to play with. 1-2 years and you'll think the latter.

morale is an issue but because if you don't put a fake smile on your face and love the company, it comes back to bite you. time and time again, we are told that feedback is important but it is later used against you. some people hold onto grudges when negative feedback is given.

turnover of clients and employees is a norm. when I talk to certain clients, they don't care for a referral, where as years ago, they rave about the company's service. the company doesn't invest enough time for new hires. they hire in a rush and quickly reacts to the situation. sometimes they hire people who are not a good fit.

to conclude this review, the past is what keeps me here because it WAS a good company to work for. now it's a dog eat dog world in here and each day that passes, the less I want to be with Endsight. I keep on hoping to work with great people like I have in the past that over-shadows all the flaws.

Advice to Management

Take feedback as criticism, not personally

live up to your core values and not write them for others to read

don't pretend to try and care for employees, have a heart for those that really puts an effort in making the company different.

don't play favorites - it is very obvious

figure out who is hurting the company and pushing good employees away, and vice versa

don't sway new employees to post on this site to up the rating. some reviews are contradictive and obvious it was scripted.

reach out to those that made the company great and reconnect with them

Endsight Response

Jul 22, 2015 – CEO

Dear Reader, As you can see there are quite a few negative reviews on this site. The details associated with them make it clear that these reviews are indeed authored by a former employee ... More

"Plenty of Opportunity to Learn at Endsight"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Endsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Endsight's customer base covers a broad spectrum. They have some simple networks for green leafs to get their feet wet, as well as complex networks for a more experienced engineer to sink their teeth into. How many metaphors can I fit in a sentence?

While it is true that much is expected of you, as long as you have a decent work ethic there is plenty of fun to be had too. I believe management is really trying hard to make this a good company to work for.

Cons

Benefits leave something to be desired, but seemed to have been improving.

As the company gets bigger, office politics get more important :)

Advice to Management

Show more people how connected you are to their day to day - I don't think everyone realizes.