Equivalent Data Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Mike Medrano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Equivalent Data (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, creative and entertaining staff, flat structure that enables everyone to be involved in the decision-making process. These are smart people doing great work and enjoying it.

Cons

I believe that they resolved the issues they were having.

2. "Sales"

I worked at Equivalent Data full-time

Pros

Struggling to think of any that make up the 5 words needed to fill this box.

Cons

Great place if you're a white middle aged male. Most of the women were in inconsequential positions and sexual discrimination was rife.

3. "Document specialist"

I worked at Equivalent Data full-time

Pros

Flexible , easy , overtime ,

Cons

Work slows down a lot. No hours.

4. "Good place to start your career"

I worked at Equivalent Data full-time

Pros

The people were great to work with

Cons

No opportunities for advancement

5. "Growing company"

Former Employee - Data Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Data Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Equivalent Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were awesome. Benefits were great when I was there. Other than that it was another day at the office.

Cons

Some long hours which made me wish I was hourly sometimes but was usually taken care of some other way.

6. "Account Manager"

Pros

It is a solid sales job if you have the personality and motivation for such a position

Cons

The hours are long as you are always on-call.

"It could go either way for you"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I worked at Equivalent Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

EQD can be an engaging and fun place to work with an excellent family atmosphere and good people to work with. The pay can be quite competitive after you have proven yourself. The workload can be very reasonable, and the hours can be flexible. Some people at EQD have found excellent and stable careers. Some of my best years have been at EQD.

Cons

The con is that the pros simply haven't worked out for a lot of people that work at EQD, and very often it has nothing to do with the employee. Leadership and management quality varies greatly. Various departments are run very differently. Some pay more competitive than others. Some provide their employees with much better career opportunities than others. Advancement through merit-based actions and bringing value to the company can happen, but often it does not. EQD has lost some top-notch people that could have pushed the company higher, and they have also gone to lengths to retain duds that were friends with management.

The reviews here are all over the place for a reason. EQD can be great for some and less so for others, regardless of how hard working and capable the employee is.

Advice to Management

If your department lost key employees in the past couple years, consider why and make moves to not lose the next one. Get rid of the people that are not delivering. Be honest about poor performance. EQD recently had to scale back a major software project and lay off most of the software department. Some people reported that the project was progressing well for years because the company atmosphere hoisted them up for reporting success, but things were falling apart on that project for a long time. Some people were pointing out the problems for years, but it did not result in change. EQD needs to be able to recognize its failures and mistakes in order to improve.

8. "Current Employee"

Pros

A great place to work.

Cons

The number of hours worked is dependent upon workflow.

9. "Best place to work if you're willing to work"

Current Employee - Client Services/Software Support in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services/Software Support in Houston, TX

I have been working at Equivalent Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My name is Jason Watson and I have no problem attaching my name to this review. I can't think of a job I've ever had that was fun and kept me on my toes. The requests that come through Customer Support are different everyday, and keep you busy until it is time to go home.
    EQD has some very friendly faces, and if you need help they are more than willing to sit down and direct you to where you need to go.
    Some of the reviews I see for this company are downright incorrect, and sound like they come from people that are disgruntled or not work savvy. If you think filling out disgruntled reviews makes a difference well guess what? It doesn't. It makes you look petty.

EQD saved me from my past employer, and understood my situation. They gave me a career....not a job.

Cons

There are not enough parking spaces and this is due to EQD being very busy and constantly having new projects for attorneys to review.

Advice to Management

More parking spaces. Other than that you guys are awesome and I am happy to be part of the team.

10. "I love my career with EQD"

Current Employee - EDD Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - EDD Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Equivalent Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was searching whitepapers tonight, browsing about my company a bit to see any news and this junk showed up. The people who left the insane reviews on this page were seriously lazy - I believe I know each and every one of them and they will be posting reviews like this for the rest of their lives. In any company if you don't work hard, are lazy, don't care, etc. you will never be happy with comp or the way management perceives you and you deserve to become a “Former Employee”!

I have been with the company, in the EDD Lab, around five years now and let me tell you – it has been the greatest work experience of my life. I started off as a total noob in the eDiscovery world but with the help and guidance of “Senior Management” such as Steve Mathis and Mike Mirabella I now have a career – not a job. Regarding the low salary statement – most companies will not bring a noob in at 100k. I have increased my salary by multiples in a five year period through hard work - find that elsewhere. Regarding the “all male” statement – there are female employees in every department and from what I have seen they are all happy and excel at their jobs. I watch MM and SM interview for positions and have listened to them discuss the process and these men are fair, interviewing both men and women constantly, extend job offers to both men and women, and treat all women with the upmost professionalism, dignity, and respect. Regarding the “few employees do all the work” statement - yes, every department has their all-stars and those employees can do the work of multiple people. I have never seen any nepotism that allows employees to be lazy and not work. The only non-workers are most likely the ones who wrote the negative reviews here, aside from the disgruntled project manager who actually made the comment. As for working “8-24 hours at any given notice” – if you plan to have a job and not work 8 hours a day you may want to find a nice little shaded area under a freeway underpass or in your mother’s basement. eDiscovery is project based and when a client needs something turned quick, we will get the job done. I have personally worked over 44 straight hours to get a project out the door. Guess what, senior management never once asked me to do that – that is my work ethic and the company has handsomely rewarded me for it. Those long days are once in a blue moon and nobody bats an eye when the work needs to get done. To expand on this point, I give my all to this company and when I need something in my personal life everyone jumps in to help. I have had “Senior Management” reach into their own pockets to offer help when I had a major financial hit, I have seen them do the same with other employees – definitely not money grubbing as described in these posts. Anyway, if you want a company that will respect you, take care of you, teach and mentor you, then this is the company. BUT – you will have to work… you cannot just sit on your rear, expect everyone to do your work for you, and never apply yourself… I would jump in front of a bullet for all of my superiors and their families, and I believe each and every one of them would do the same for me.

Also, I was not asked to write this review and I hope the men and women who have worked so hard to make this amazing company what it is never have to read the insane statements in some of the other posts...

Last thing - the software is solid. I work with that "slapdash" software every day and have for the past five years.

Cons

There isn't a table outside to eat at when the weather is nice - that really chaps my hide. Other than that... I don't really have anything.

Advice to Management

Buy some tables! =)