Excel Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "It's a decent place"

Current Freelancer - Executive Assistant in Stamford, CT
    Current Freelancer - Executive Assistant in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Excel Partners (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have to say I have had great experiences. The individual that I work with tends to go over the call of duty to help place me into a decent job.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

2. "Thumbs up to Excel Partners!"

Current Contractor - Administrative/Office Coordinator in Stamford, CT
    Current Contractor - Administrative/Office Coordinator in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Excel Partners as a contractor

Pros

I've been working as a contract worker for the last 4 years. Out of all the agencies in my area, Excel Partners has been the only agency that has come through for me. They've place me at great companies, with great people and a decent hourly pay. My consultant, Tara Kiniry works very hard finding assignments for me, and whenever I need to speak with her regarding anything related to my assignments, she's always available.

Cons

No complaints at this time.

Advice to Management

Electronic Time cards! :-)

3. "This is a great company to start your career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Excel Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The firm is currently expanding, and the growth opportunities are endless (which is amazing). The firm was originally stationed in Stamford, CT, but has recently transitioned to Norwalk, CT. I've personally had the privilege of working at both locations, and couldn't be happier!

Half the recruiters here, are young top college graduates looking to get experience in: recruiting, marketing, client service or account management. The other half of the recruiters (especially in the Accounting & Finance department) are from top hedge funds.

If you want to work hard and grow with the firm, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

If you're just looking for that typical 9-5 full-time job, you probably won't last. People who come in with that attitude, don't last more than 4 months. Excel is a fast paced environment, where "learning on the fly" is essential. If you are not hungry or have an entrepreneur type personality, you will probably not last.

Advice to Management

Management is one of the main reasons why I chose Excel. Management is not only extremely down to earth but very friendly. My manager is both my friend and mentor.

5. "Good Company to work with"

Current Employee - Contracted Hire in Brookfield, CT
    Current Employee - Contracted Hire in Brookfield, CT

I have been working at Excel Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Your contact with Excel Partners is very invested in helping you get the position you are looking for: they will help prepare you as well as they can for the interview and do their best to make sure you succeed.

Keep in contact with your recruiter: much of the work handled tends to be temp-to-perm and they're someone who will be in your corner when its time to move on to another position.

Cons

None cons to complain about.
    Could be closer to where I live I suppose?

Advice to Management

It would be wonderful if there was a wider geographical coverage for positions.

"The absolute worst experience I have ever had with any recruiter. Run. Run away."

Former Contractor - Paralegal in Westport, CT
    Former Contractor - Paralegal in Westport, CT

I worked at Excel Partners as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

About that...I can't think of anything. Best part? Still working on that...I got nothing.

Cons

The recruiter I was assigned to miscommunicated multiple essential elements about the assignment, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities and compensation, and was usually unavailable when I attempted to reach this individual. Upon request to have my file transferred to another staff member following a terrible experience with one incompetent recruiter, never heard back from the agency.

Advice to Management

Interdepartmental communication is practically non-existent, and the entirety of my experience with this agency was handled in an unprofessional manner. Staff does not return correspondence, either at all or in a timely manner; totally inefficient, unwilling (or incapable) of working with candidates to appropriately match their skill sets with client needs, and should any issues arise, staff balks at having to actually put in any genuine effort to do their jobs of being "real" recruiters and earn their salaries. Instead, most blame candidates outright for any discrepancies which could and would have been avoided, had they done their jobs in the first place, and matched candidates and clients appropriately, instead of focusing on their own commissions.

"Unorganized"

Former Contractor - Call Center Representative in Brookfield, CT
    Former Contractor - Call Center Representative in Brookfield, CT

I worked at Excel Partners as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, clean office, prompt phone response in the beginning

Cons

Unorganized, called me by wrong name, missing attachments in emails, miscommunicated information

Advice to Management

Proofread, slow down, get organized! Read your emails and attachments! Attach the correct attachments!

8. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Learned a lot and interesting assignments

Cons

Limited room for advancement and promotion

Advice to Management

Need to promote to higher positions

9. "Great temp. agency., they work hard to find the you the right job, temporary or permanent"

Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Stamford, CT

Pros

They are very flexible with work days per week.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to commute to work sites without a car. Work isn't guaranteed every day.

Advice to Management

All management that I have met with are professional and very helpful. Keep up the good work!

10. "Hired Candidate"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Excel Partners as a contractor

Pros

Excel Partners is one of the most highly respected placement firms in the the Fairfield County CT metro area. They were recommended to me by multiple former candidates in 2001 and I have been working with them with great satisfaction over the course of my career ever since. Founder/President Gary Gilbert runs the firm with an awesome hands on approach. He is smart, caring, highly professional and ethical. His excellent team of recruiters has always exhibited the utmost professionalism. I cannot recommend this firm more highly.

Cons

I found no downside working with Excel as a candidate over the course of the last 14 years. Excellent recruiting firm that strives to place a candidate only with client with whom they will have the best possible fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You are a pleasure to work with and an asset to our business community. Wishing you many more years of well deserved success.

11. "Csr"

I worked at Excel Partners full-time

Pros

I got ft hours and got to pick my schedule (8-5) mon thru fri

Cons

If u are 1 min late 3x they will fire u