Experient Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Peckinpaugh

1. "Good Job if you like to travel"

Former Employee - Onsite Coordinator in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Onsite Coordinator in Frederick, MD

I worked at Experient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of travel and great way to earn travel points for airlines. Cool hotels and ok benefits

Cons

Should be paid more. Away from home a lot. Sometimes very boring shows with long hours

Advice to Management

Need a pay raise for the amount of work we put in.

"Pay is low"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Experient full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, manager is caring, nice PTO, travel opportunities. Interesting day to day work for some. Opportunity to work with upper management.

Cons

The pay is so low for the amount and type of work. Considering moving jobs specifically for that reason. Insurance is ridiculously expensive. Most positions are dead end. Interviews make it seem like certain positions are a certain way, but theyre not.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they're worth, offer career development, do not decieve prospective employees with wrong job descriptions and interviews.

3. "Manager Level"

Pros

Good place to work with opportunities for travel and movement within the company.

Cons

The salary ranges were low for this type of work, and could be improved. DIsconnect between regional offices and the headquarters.

5. "Great Place with Great People"

I have been working at Experient full-time

Pros

Amazing people who are open and easy to work with. There is years of experience instilled in the companies employees and everyone is willing to teach and be taught.

Cons

The pay is lower than the averages, which is somewhat offset by the amount of travel and opportunities to do new things.

Advice to Management

Provide more competitive pay on the registration side

"Director"

I worked at Experient full-time

Pros

Many people are very hard workers

Cons

The leadership is very judgmental and not well-versed in running a business, though they know the industry quite well

Advice to Management

Reward all your hard workers, not just those who "play" up to you

7. "Neutral"

Pros

Direct contractor to federal agecies

Cons

No support, you are own your own

"Good but..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Experient full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office space and location, friendly people throughout the company and to interact with on a daily basis. Not much to complain in any of those regards.

Cons

Pay is pretty sub standard when compared to competing companies. Working here feels a lot like walking into a brand new school for your first day. There is a very cliquish vibe throughout the company and certain departments all tend to stick to themselves. They like to promote their opportunity for advancement but that will really only happen if you are in a certain department.

Advice to Management

Branch out and look at other departments for when you have higher positions open. You are missing a lot of talent that is otherwise going to waste.

"Manager"

I have been working at Experient full-time

Pros

People at the company are great, even if they aren't empowered to help employees

Cons

-Workload is very heavy. You are told you'll only be on a certain number of accounts when you start, then that number steadily increases. More work, no more pay.
    -Very low salary. You see the commission they are bringing in on the accounts, and it's ridiculous how little you make compared to the commission they get.
    -Completely outdated technology. When I started here, I was excited to see what the top 3rd party planning company in the US has in the way for event technology. Answer - nothing spectacular. When you suggest new ways of doing things, new processes to their outdated approach, you get the 'this is the way we've always done it' response.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more and make sure employees aren't overloaded with work. Company constantly says that they 'put people first', but working 80 hour weeks, on a minimal salary with standard benefits doesn't make me feel like the first priority of the company.

"Great Atmosphere, Hard Work, Below-Average Pay"

Current Employee - Registration Coordinator in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Registration Coordinator in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Experient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and environment at Experient are far above any other organization I've been a part of. They're very team-oriented and believe in "first take good care of each other."

Cons

The compensation for the level of work expected is minimal. I've been working at the company for over 2 years and still find that I'm barely scraping by living with a roommate. The work is extremely difficult. Many of the technology components are outdated and it leads to a longer process for every web-based change. Upon accepting this job I was forced to learn 8 different technologies that are all connected.

This company is also very hush-hush about pay and promotion. I've asked 2 managers and HR about the salary bracket I'm in so that I can create realistic goals for myself and have been shuffled around and provided with no insight.

"Pretty poor pay"

Pros

Work life balance is good, there are really good travel opportunities, great location.

Cons

Pay is not good and the training programs are pretty poor as well.