Firstsource Advantage Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Arjun Mitra
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Student Loan Collector in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Student Loan Collector in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Firstsource Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is accommodating and always willing to coach/provide feedback for improvement wherever needed. The atmosphere is mostly positive and lighthearted but professional. The manager buys the staff lunch on occasion to show appreciation. I honestly can't complain about the job at all.

Cons

Lack of consistency in the beginning. Policies and procedures changed so often it was hard to keep up. The department is still fairly new so I believe it's just Been a matter of working out the kinks. The majority of the changes have brought improvement in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Aug 15, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees at Firstsource and would like to thank you for... More

2. "Consistency is needed!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative(First Party Collections) in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Firstsource Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited overtime, flexability in schedule, decent pay with honestly a very good 401k

Cons

Nobody really seems like they really care about anything. Management disappears regularly, especially after 9pm. People get away with murder here! Wholly inconsistent in values and confusing decisions are made daily

Advice to Management

Be more consistent in actions and stop letting people get away with everything.

3. "Could and should be a better employer."

Former Employee - Collector in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Collector in Amherst, NY

I worked at Firstsource Advantage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Good co workers.

Cons

Poor management. Supervisors and managers need training. Benefits could be better. Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Evaluate yourselves and be greatful that you have collectors that work hard to make alot of money not jealous. Care about your workers. CEO needs to know what it's like to be a collector to run a successful business. Just don't accept the word of management.

4. "Collector"

I have been working at Firstsource Advantage full-time

Pros

Great coworkers. Decent pay and not too challenging.

Cons

Your job experience really depends on your supervisor.

5. "Great"

I worked at Firstsource Advantage full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Fantastic leadership

Cons

on the floor, people can be irritable

Advice to Management

dont play favorites

6. "Ed Collector"

I worked at Firstsource Advantage full-time

Pros

Fun environment and great pay

Cons

Help is not always avalible ..some calls must have a supervisor or manager present

Feb 20, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving us your review, it's great to read you enjoy a fun filled environment! We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our... More

7. "One of the worst jobs ever"

Former Employee - Payment Processor
    Former Employee - Payment Processor

I worked at Firstsource Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly there are no positives to working here besides the minimal amount of money- but even that wasn’t enough most days.

Cons

You get written up for EVERYTHING. Why? So they don’t have to pay out for unemployment. The turnover rate here is so high- unlike anything I’ve ever seen. People got fired left and right. I got hired for full time hours and only got part time hours. My manager always rushed us to work faster, and loved internet surfing while we were all busy trying to get the maximum amount of work done in the shortest amount of time. Also said manager would use the work phone to talk to family members and friends all day. The work was not divided evenly on the team, & if you made a mistake you weren’t allowed to learn anything new- absolutely nothing new. That’s insane- everyone makes mistakes! You only get ahead here by being a mindless robot or sucking up to your manager. I got written up for adding a period after a date in a spreadsheet. It sounds insane but that’s honestly what happened. If you value yourself even one tiny bit- you won’t let yourself work here.
    THIS COMPANY IS CONSTANTLY HIRING FOR A REASON - BECAUSE THEY CANNOT RETAIN EMPLOYEES.

Advice to Management

Monitor your managers to make sure they’re actually doing work and treating their employees right. Also constantly writing up employees for minor mistakes is counter productive- it hurts team morale and doesn’t solve issues. It makes everyone paranoid and nervous.
    Make sure people are getting the hours they’ve been hired for.

Feb 20, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are dismayed to read you didn't have one Pro, usually colleagues or you team would factor in at this point!

Our colleagues have and will... More

8. "A good place to start"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Firstsource Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Firstsource Advantage is probably one of the better debt collection agencies for which to work. It is certainly a meritocracy, where promotions are made by ability and not by favoritism. They try to make it a good place to work, by offering two paid 15 minute breaks, bringing food trucks in over the summer, and putting on events like Halloween costume contests and talent shows. They also play music over the loud speaker and rotate the station depending on the day of the week.

Cons

Being a debt collector is a rough job; you get screamed at a lot and it can be demoralizing spending all day on the phone with people who rarely want to improve their situation. Also, because Firstsource collects for other companies, there's always the chance that they'll lose a contract or have something else unfavorable happen, which decreases job stability.

Advice to Management

I found everyone I interacted with in management to be thoroughly professional, and they all seemed to be very capable at their job. They go out of their way to recognize people who work hard.

Oct 25, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time and leaving us such great feedback! We love receiving feedback from our colleagues as it allows us to make Firstsource Advantage a better place to work. We are happy to... More

"This place is a joke-Amherst, NY"

Former Employee - Bank of America Customer Service/Collection -first Party in Amherst, NY

I worked at Firstsource Advantage full-time

Pros

Easy job. Flexible Scheduling.(depending on position and "who you are")

Cons

Just about everything. Poor management(and under qualified). Horrible HR. Just about everyone that has a title is related to each other or are friends of those( they thrive on this friends and family plan they have going on) and if you have anything to bring to this company, they will shut you down so you are unable to advance within the company. This place basically builds and promotes poor work ethic. The company sets employees up for failure starting week 2 of training. The job is mentally draining. I worked here for quite some time and can tell you after a few months you will feel useless with no purpose and dread coming to work each day.

Advice to Management

Get it together. The Job is in crumbling due to improper management.

Feb 20, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

We love receiving feedback from our colleagues and we strive to create an environment that allows you to do your best work and develop within the company. We are very grateful to you and your team... More

"Where supervisors talk down on you"

Pros

They have a lot of hours

Cons

You name it, they got it. You grow by snitching

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. High employee turnover should tell you something

Sep 25, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience during your time at Firstsource. Our colleagues are at the forefront of everything we do and we are committed to empowering, motivating and... More