KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 8, 2021

3.7
Frontier Promotions CEO Christian Swanson
Christian Swanson
Pros
  • "Very inclusive work environment(in 21 reviews)

• "Frontier Promotions is a great company for somebody looking for growth opportunity at a fast pace(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Door to door sales is not marketing(in 33 reviews)

• "Door-to-door sales, interview is deceiving(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Opportunity

Oct 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A chance to run and manage my own company The proper tools and foundation given to me Training is paid and the growth opportunity is there. Ive been in the company for 5 months and have progressed exceptionally. There are no limitations in the pay.

Cons

A lot of elbow grease

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Best work atmosphere!

May 28, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great team at Frontier. Everyone is positive in the workplace and a committed team player. Frontier has the best work environment I've been in so far in my life! Also, the amount of growth and opportunity made available through frontier is undeniable. The future looks bright through frontier and I know I'll have a lot of fun along the way!

Cons

We have long days and still, nobody wants to go home at the end of the day so there are always activities and events for us to join after work if we want. Honestly, the days go by fast and I've had to learn to do everything in the morning before work which was different for me (I'm not a morning person.) Our days do start later though and there is time for everything but it does help if you're an active person.

56 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your kind words we pride ourselves on having the best team atmosphere in the business!!! We love our team and the direction the company is headed!

3. 5.0

Aug 22, 2015 - Senior Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Frontier has a super fun atmosphere and environment. Lots of amazing people who truly care about helping each other. There are always things going on like volleyball leagues, softball leagues, community service opportunities, or just hanging out at company barbecues. It's a cool place to work for young professionals who dont mind a challenge of sales and marketing.

Cons

You are required to start off in an entry level position where sales and techniques are taught which takes time to actually get good at. Some people figure it out, while some don't. It sucks seeing people you get close to, give up on themselves because it's not the easiest to do. The hours are 60+ a week! The days do go by fast though.

35 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for the kind review we definitely value this feedback!

4. 5.0

Jun 15, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely fantastic work experience for an internship. Great management, great coworkers and great overall workplace atmosphere. Everyone in the office pushes you forward in both the management training system and personal growth. If you work hard and come to work with a student mentality, stay driven and focused it takes no time at all to get promoted. Not only are there tons of bonuses and competitions to keep you motivated, but getting paid by commission can also be a huge plus.

Cons

Unusual, but understandable hours. Direct marketing obviously requires you to be out working later than a 9-5 job would. Despite the unusual work schedule, days never feel as long as they actually are thanks to the late start. While the schedule is a bit different it works ideally for sleeping in and still leaving time to go out at night.

38 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your hard work last summer and we hope you learned a lot of "real world" skills. As I'm sure you would agree, our internship program is very hands on and we really push our interns to grow professionally. It's not for everyone but perfect for aggressive, student entrepreneurs like yourself!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing energy and opportunity!!

Mar 26, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

At frontier, I got to meet parole I would never have associated with in my previous experiences, but now they are my closest friends and family! The energy and atmosphere are unlike any other work environment! The ability to manage yourself, then others, then be paid to own your own business is amazing! In the meantime, how many work places do you get to work at your own pace and get fairly paid for what you do!? This is the only place I have worked where everyone knows everyone's name and you can go grab a beer with your CEO after work and talk about the business, personal stuff, or just life!

Cons

This business forces you outside of your comfort zone! Not necessarily a con, but one thing some people can't seem to do! For me, it was great and I only wish I had found it years ago!!

35 people found this review helpful

CEO

Keep expanding that comfort zone and great things will come to you!

6. 5.0

Apr 3, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Frontier is great. There's a great team aspect used each and every day. Positive attitudes are everywhere and it makes the start of every day something to look forward to. I've never worked in an environment where I looked forward to getting to work, let alone getting there early and I've definitely never stayed late by choice. I find myself doing this daily at this job. The amount of growth possible is amazing and I know it is something that pushes all of us every day. The opportunity is endless. There is also a lot of room for travel and new experiences.

Cons

The only real con here are our long hours, but most of us choose to come early and stay late. We also start a bit later in the day which makes for a flexible social life. We have so much fun throughout the day that our days fly by and before I realize it, we're leaving for the night.

31 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

In a nut shell

May 12, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

We are always having fun and enjoying ourselves. This job has taught me how to be self driven and motivated while at work. Everything you do and make is based on how hard you want to work. Office night every Thursday is a blast. We get a chance to get out of the office and hang out with everyone on a relaxing setting. I enjoy it very much working here. The average age working here is about 24 years old, so it makes the atmosphere fun, fast pace and exciting.

Cons

Frontier has a few downsides but what company doesn't? We work long hours. Pay is determined on how hard you personally want to work and not by the amount of hours you put it. Personally it makes me want to work harder but not everyone sees it that same way.

31 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0

Positive Atmosphere

Jul 11, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Frontier Promotions has the strongest focus on workplace environment of any company I've been a part of. Every day we focus on having an energized and motivational atmosphere and it helps each employee to maintain a positive attitude and work to the best of his or her abilities. We also have a constant focus on creating strong and beneficial relationships within the office, and we do that through team bonding nights and weekly office nights that get everyone involved.

Cons

To do well at this company, you have to have a strong student mentality and a consistent drive to improve and grow to reach the next level. I personally don't see this as a con, but rather I admire how Frontier Promotions, like any company, has challenges that everyone can overcome, but it's not without perseverance and determination to do so.

26 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Start For New Entrepreneurs!!!

Mar 21, 2017 - Corporate Trainer in Ferndale, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Frontier Promotions has the best working environment I've ever seen! While I was there we were constantly going to fun events and I felt truly welcomed onto the team. Being a former collegiate athlete that was huge for me cause I've always been apart of a team and I feel it helped push me to be my best! I gained so many skills in a very short period of time and was sad to leave.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the hours because they do work very hard. I decided to pursue athletics professionally and could not balance my training and the hours at work. It was a hard decision for me to make but the management team was very supportive and told me I would have a spot if sports doesn't work out for me in the long run.

27 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

The Best in the D!!!

Jun 18, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in Otisville, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is amazing! It has such a great atmosphere and team based employees that just want to see everyone succeed and better themselves. There's so much opportunity for growth and advancement! And there's a lot of chances to travel, and win prizes and go on different vacations and business trips its insane! I love this place and I can't imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the longer hours we work. It IS a management training program though, so obviously they are going to work us a little harder and push us to our limits so we can handle running our own company. Honestly, I think the days go by very quickly and I love staying after to just hang with the other employees and management too!

30 people found this review helpful