Fuse Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Stefan Drust

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"An almost perfect place to work"

Former Employee - IT Support in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - IT Support in Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at Fuse Interactive full-time

Pros

-Fantastic people (truly)
    -Awesome location
    -New and innovative tech
    -Great benefits
    -Fun times

I had some real fun at this company. I met a lot of very interesting and very talented people who were always more then happy to give there professional & personal insight. I will likely always miss working here, but am happy for all of the connections that I made.

Cons

I wish that I could skip this section of the review, but I can't. There are some glaring issue's that I feel need to be addressed.

-No HR Department
    --If you have a serious problem with the behavior of someone at this company, you may as well forget it. There is no one to talk that can assist in your issue, and it may do you more harm then good trying to escalate it.

-IT Director
    --I don't want to personally attack anyone, but this man was such an extreme amount of stress in my life that I feel like I have to say something. I warn anyone planning to work under him. The amount of time I wasted trying to appease his malformed sense of work ethic would have been better spent elsewhere. I was insulted in nearly every interaction. Unfortunately the nepotism is very real in this case, and any attempt to remedy the situation simply made it worse. After awhile, I just gave up.

Advice to Management

You have a fantastic company, filled with fantastic people, I will always look back at my time spent with you fondly. But, just because someone has been there a long time, does not make them fit to lead others.

"Thankful to Fuse"

I have been working at Fuse Interactive full-time

Pros

Fuse is a great place to work! The team atmosphere and support for fellow employees is one of my favorite things about Fuse. It is uncommon to find such a family feeling in any company let alone in an ad agency. I am thankful for the support, opportunities, and encouragement I received from Fuse and from the CEO himself.

Cons

Summer traffic at the beach can interfere with commute.

Advice to Management

Don't let a couple of disgruntled former employee reviews on Glassdoor make you doubt yourselves or your business. There is a reason this people no longer work at Fuse. Too much negativity.

3. "Fun, professional work environment. Overall great place to work."

Pros

Management encouraging and supportive of individual employee's needs and goals.

Adaptable processes to support changing client needs and expanding staff.

Knowledgeable, experienced and professional coworkers.

Passionate about delivering quality and innovate work.

Great team-oriented environment to work in.

Encourages and supports strong work/life balance.

Fun laid back vibe. Kitchen full of snacks.

Walking to downtown Laguna Beach for lunch is definitely a plus.

Cons

Other than encouraging management to host more company events, nothing negative to say. I've had a great experience working at Fuse.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and support the teamwork and positive, creative culture at Fuse. After all, this is what makes the agency unique and fun to work for.

"Absolute worst place to work in OC"

I have been working at Fuse Interactive full-time

Pros

Kawasaki is a great client to add to your resume - but power sports are on a decline and if they ever fired Fuse the entire agency would be unemployed.

Cons

This is not my first agency rodeo - and this place is absolutely terrible. No formal or informal HR which means no process at all. No training, no team structure, and very high stress workplace. Frequently heard racial slurs and inappropriate discussions in the workplace. save yourself the stress and look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Hire a HR department - formalize processes and schedules. Look for additional clients.

"A Single-Client Rat Race with Potential for Greatness"

Pros

- Fun, creative, collaborative culture
     - Decent salary, benefits and bonus structure
     - Decent opportunity to grow and move around within the company

Cons

- One major client leads to stifled creativity, unstimulated staff, and committing to impossible timelines, requirements and budgets at the expense of the entire agency
     - No HR department or safe place to discuss concerns and issues, which are bound to arise
     - Poor training program in some departments, which leads to chaotic new hires
     - High turnover rate

Advice to Management

Need to work harder to stimulate the talent you have by implementing proper training programs in departments lacking them, rewarding accomplishments and delivering projects under budget, incentivizing staff, ACQUIRING NEW CLIENTS. This company DESPERATELY needs a formal HR department.

"Just be aware, you are expendable to them, no matter who you are and what they say."

Pros

Awesome office location, layout is very fun.

Cons

The few that have managed to continue to move up at Fuse are not to be trusted. Turn over is extreme at this firm because no one in any position of power will admit ANY mistakes, they blame anyone who can be replaced and then get rid of them. Basically if you aren't driving a luxury car now & don't CrossFit daily, don't expect them to keep you, you aren't going to be part of the gang.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself and find out the truth, not just what your Go-To tells you.

7. "Art Director @ Fuse"

Former Employee - Art Director in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at Fuse Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great family feel, talented co-workers, Big client with interesting projects, good benefits, stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, dinners catered if working late.

Cons

Limited clientele (1 main client), lots of late nights during certain times of the year, under average pay, low experience project management (not agile, scrum, etc...), Career Opportunities limited.

Advice to Management

Business development to bring in new clients and a more clear roadmap of the direction for the company.

8. "Great mid-sized agency"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Fuse Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment, while also pretty fast paced. Biannual bonuses. Great creative team. In-house developers. Opportunity to work on lots of different tech and advertising projects. Location!!!

Cons

Disparate leadership, and not a ton of upward mobility (although not really expected as the company is pretty small).

Advice to Management

Keep working at keeping the client happy, but also set reasonable expectations so the team can meet them.

9. "Lots to learn but can get boring"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at Fuse Interactive (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great location, great bonuses

Cons

Same client all the time, work many hours

Advice to Management

Get more clients

10. "The perfect creative atmosphere."

Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Laguna Beach, CA

Pros

Great people. Creative Director was immensely engaged and inspiring. Great attitudes everywhere and it really felt like a team. I wasn't there long but everyone was so inviting, open and helpful that it was hard to leave. I only left because I had a chance to start my own business (otherwise I'd still be there).

Cons

Only 2 clients to work on.